People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

BTW, I am my own god and guide
Think you are confusing being a deity with taking personal responsibility for very human actions.

You are thinking supernatural while I am thinking natural. Perhaps if I explain my position a bit more.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

As humans and with our set of sensory capacities, we can only recognize existence by the means of contrasts. If something is everywhere and in everything, we cannot perceive it because there is no state, no condition of its not being to compare with. The smallest and the biggest things in the universe did not exist for us until our technologically enhance perceptions became aware.
We can assume that this aspect of existence would necessarily apply to any center of consciousness, any similar being.
Thus, "good" and "evil" can only be known by contrast. The original state of Adam and Eve, to use this almost universal metaphor, was a blissful ignorance of "evil" because they were one with the absence of "evil".
Going to another level and to speculate on the nature of "God", it is interesting to meditate on how an eternal being who has always been, and in and through whom all exists, would realize being, would know "God" existed. In a poetic way, this would explain the presence of the physical universe; i.e., that it exists as necessary for the 'extra-material', consciousness, 'spirit' to come to know.
This is not meant to be preaching anything, supporting any philosophy or religion, anything political, as expressing any belief or disbelief in any concept of god.

As humans and with our set of sensory capacities, we can only recognize existence by the means of contrasts. If something is everywhere and in everything, we cannot perceive it because there is no state, no condition of its not being to compare with. The smallest and the biggest things in the universe did not exist for us until our technologically enhance perceptions became aware.
We can assume that this aspect of existence would necessarily apply to any center of consciousness, any similar being.
Thus, "good" and "evil" can only be known by contrast. The original state of Adam and Eve, to use this almost universal metaphor, was a blissful ignorance of "evil" because they were one with the absence of "evil".
Going to another level and to speculate on the nature of "God", it is interesting to meditate on how an eternal being who has always been, and in and through whom all exists, would realize being, would know "God" existed. In a poetic way, this would explain the presence of the physical universe; i.e., that it exists as necessary for the 'extra-material', consciousness, 'spirit' to come to know.
This is not meant to be preaching anything, supporting any philosophy or religion, anything political, as expressing any belief or disbelief in any concept of god.

There is some good in not being for or against something when initially discussing or thinking of an issue, but fence sitters are frowned upon by Jesus and other intelligent people.

I agree with your dualistic thinking.

I see consciousness as material and base that view on Gnostic Christian thinking. Think of your consciousness being where your visions/enlightenments are while reading this Gnostic Christian saying.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

Primary Sources - The Gospel Of Mary | From Jesus To Christ | FRONTLINE | PBS

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards
DL

Only to a certain level.

The first approach of yours was the detection of things we ignore they existed because our lack of proper instruments. However, those things are objective.

Still, the analogy of yours is excellent to obtain a figure of what means "knowledge of good and evil".

BTW, I am my own god and guide
Think you are confusing being a deity with taking personal responsibility for very human actions.

You are thinking supernatural while I am thinking natural. Perhaps if I explain my position a bit more.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Again, Gnostic Christians believe in the supernatural. They believe the material world is evil.

Depends on who it is!

For sure.

Who do you think god is?

Regards
DL
Certainly not one who pretends to be one thing when in actuality is the opposite. That would be Satan.

Really? Listen and learn.

Oops, you are no longer capable of that. back on ignore for you, fool.

Regards
DL

I understand that you believe God is evil. That is you would believe that if you believed God existed at all, right? But you don’t believe any supernatural god exists, right? That’s not a Gnostic Christian. That’s a secular humanist. An atheist.

So there is zero difference between you and Breezewood. In fact, you are probably one in the same.

I would and could refute you on most points, but you would never admit it because you are just a lying troll who cannot ever finish what you start in an intelligent way.

Go take your childish trolling to those who have time to cater to your idiocy.

Regards
DL

I would and could refute you on most points, but you would never admit it because you are just a lying troll who cannot ever finish what you start in an intelligent way.

Go take your childish trolling to those who have time to cater to your idiocy.

Regards
DL
No. You can’t.

but others will google the beliefs of Gnostic Christians and when they do they will know that you are a fraud.

so what I write isn’t for you, it is for others. I am exposing you like I would expose any other danger that might harm others.

I’m not here to debate you. I’m here to destroy what you are trying to do.

The OP thinks that people want to be their own gods, but they should stop to consider what happened when lots of gods lived together in one place..............they started to fight and backstab each other. Look at Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology. All the gods lived together in the same place, but there was a lot of political infighting and many times they worked against each other.

Me personally? I believe it is better to serve in Heaven than to rule in Hell.

The OP thinks that people want to be their own gods, but they should stop to consider what happened when lots of gods lived together in one place..............they started to fight and backstab each other. Look at Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology. All the gods lived together in the same place, but there was a lot of political infighting and many times they worked against each other.

What you described is mostly due to people lying to each other about invisible sky gods who are not around to clarify their positions.

You want to serve while ignoring that Jesus said he came to serve and not be served.

You call yourself a friend to Jesus and Christian and here you are going directly against Jesus' wishes.

What a G D friend and Christian you are.

Regards
DL

What you described is mostly due to people lying to each other about invisible sky gods who are not around to clarify their positions.

You want to serve while ignoring that Jesus said he came to serve and not be served.

You call yourself a friend to Jesus and Christian and here you are going directly against Jesus' wishes.

Regards
DL
You mean Gnostic Christians like yourself don’t believe in invisible sky gods? :lol:

“...They considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity, experienced as mystical or esoteric insight. Generally, Gnostic cosmogony presents a distinction between this supreme, hidden Godand a blind, evil demiurge responsible for creating the material universe, thereby trapping the divine spark within matter.[2]...”

“...early Gnostic teachers such as Valentinus saw their beliefs as aligned with Christianity. In the Gnostic Christian tradition, Christ is seen as a divine being which has taken human form in order to lead humanity back to the Light.[4]...”

Gnosticism - Wikipedia

:lol:

Here's the way I look at it. Who has more knowledge...me or the creator of the universe? Who is wiser....finite, fallible little me, or the source of wisdom itself? In light of those obv answers, who would be the better boss for me personally? And what would be the wiser thing to do? I think the answer is a no-brainer.

I already was my own boss, for many years. Been there, done that, and I had to learn everything the hard, painful way. Now I know, from life experience, that it is so, so, so, so, SO much better to simply do things God's way, from the get-go. And to trust that the Creator of the universe just might be a tad bit smarter than me. ;)

Regards
DL
You mean Gnostic Christians like yourself don’t believe in invisible sky gods? :lol:

Oh my. You finally got something right instead of your usual lies.

Your still a pathetic piece of mental garbage.

Regards
DL

“...They considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity, experienced as mystical or esoteric insight. Generally, Gnostic cosmogony presents a distinction between this supreme, hidden Godand a blind, evil demiurge responsible for creating the material universe, thereby trapping the divine spark within matter.[2]...”

“...early Gnostic teachers such as Valentinus saw their beliefs as aligned with Christianity. In the Gnostic Christian tradition, Christ is seen as a divine being which has taken human form in order to lead humanity back to the Light.[4]...”

Gnosticism - Wikipedia

:lol:

Try logos and not mythos, fool.

Myths were just debating aids back then as most were not stupid enough to read myths literally till Christianity went stupid and helped usher in 1,000 years of Dark Ages.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Allen Watts isn’t a Gnostic Christian. :lol:

Neither are you.

The gnostics died out a long time ago. Thank God. But the beliefs are sort of the default satanic position. The easy one. So in chat rooms you see people pretending to be gnostics.

Forum List

Back