People of NY OVERWHELMINGLY In Favor of #OccupyWallStreet

"In 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one."

seems to me a good inentive to want to become an executive.

Yes because we can ALL be executives and that way, when we get there, the MIDDLE CLASS' SUFFERING doesn't need to be addressed by guys like Jarhead because there won't be a middle class anymore! Just highly compensated Executives, and the poor! Good idea!

Yea,

Stop being a member of the middle class.

Again tell the politicians that you do not want to pay for the welfare/warfare state and the massive regulatory bureaucracy.

Since we cannot in fact all be executives, what it is, is an incentive for revolution. We are seeing the initial stages of that revolution right now.

I am curious...what is it that you want from this?

Business owners and executives to voluntarily "level out" the salaries?

The government to force the levelling out of salaries?

What do you see as the answer?

Since we cannot in fact all be executives, what it is, is an incentive for revolution. We are seeing the initial stages of that revolution right now.

I wish for a non-violent Revolution that results in taking money out of Governing. That would be a good day, for me, but it will never happen.

I'm not too sure how many here are against the Law we have against Monopolies.....but can any of y'all articulate why we have such a law?

^ I think it's starting there - and then addressing workers' rights (which usually meant WAGES) that we got our Strongest middle class in the world (when it was).

seems to me a good incentive to strive to be more than a garment worker

oh so that wage is ok for garment workers? (or any human, for that matter?)

yea,

Dont you know me by now?

Look, I see you are very passionate about this. I guess I shouldnt make jokes about it.

But, you see....I am one of those guys that was bagging groceries so I could eat.
Then I gave up my personal life to start a business...without a penny from anyone but my night job of bagging groceries and pricing canned goods.

So I have a little behind me to say.."If I can do it, anyone can"

And I literally have shoveled shit for money and now have a wife who could model, a pretty dope house in a nice area and a secure job.

That doesn't mean that there's not something wrong, and it doesn't mean that I'm going to spend my life all about "me me me" and what *I* did, but I look out for others.

25 million unemployed means that there's a fuck of a lot more going on than just people being lazy, and that montra only works for the few who abuse the social assistance, which by STUDY is not even a big percent.

And what's more, is that the EMPLOYED's wages have been frozen, and actually decreased 10% over the last few years.

If you were bagging groceries at a wage @ night that could never have allowed you to get through college, make rent, save, etc. and the economy wasn't really hiring anywhere else, and banks weren't really lending then shit is out of your hands.

seems to me a good inentive to want to become an executive.

Yes because we can ALL be executives and that way, when we get there, the MIDDLE CLASS' SUFFERING doesn't need to be addressed by guys like Jarhead because there won't be a middle class anymore! Just highly compensated Executives, and the poor! Good idea!

Yea,

Again tell the politicians that you do not want to pay for the welfare/warfare state and the massive regulatory bureaucracy.

It's THAT easy!

The guys who think that everyone can just magically be rich are amazing! We can ALL be rich! It would be amazing! However impossible and impractical.

The solution is to attack business, tell people America is a place where they cannot make a profit, and then somehow idiotically and stupidly expect someone to invest their money here. It makes sense only to a liberal. Of course wealthy investors are going to rush to support the "poor" of America. It's the right thing to do! How stupid, how utterly idiotic. Here ya go Mr. Investor. We want you to risk your capital so this company can hire more employees, BUT, you will be limited as to the amount of return. The government is going to take your capital gains and give it to people who aren't working. You are a nice guy and won't mind. IF you made a mistake and this worthless business goes belly up losing every dime of your investment, sorry, we don't give refunds, we just take.

With this kind of "vision" the United States deserves to go belly up. We deserve to fail.

The solution is to attack business, tell people America is a place where they cannot make a profit, and then somehow idiotically and stupidly expect someone to invest their money here. It makes sense only to a liberal. Of course wealthy investors are going to rush to support the "poor" of America. It's the right thing to do! How stupid, how utterly idiotic. Here ya go Mr. Investor. We want you to risk your capital so this company can hire more employees, BUT, you will be limited as to the amount of return. The government is going to take your capital gains and give it to people who aren't working. You are a nice guy and won't mind. IF you made a mistake and this worthless business goes belly up losing every dime of your investment, sorry, we don't give refunds, we just take.

With this kind of "vision" the United States deserves to go belly up. We deserve to fail.

I don't recall anyone saying what you just said. That's called projection.

It is the entire message of the parasitic class at Wall Street now.

Yea,

It's THAT easy!

The guys who think that everyone can just magically be rich are amazing! We can ALL be rich! It would be amazing! However impossible and impractical.

Get the fuck out of Zucotti Park, learn a marketable skill and repost in a couple of years.

oh so that wage is ok for garment workers? (or any human, for that matter?)

yea,

Dont you know me by now?

Look, I see you are very passionate about this. I guess I shouldnt make jokes about it.

But, you see....I am one of those guys that was bagging groceries so I could eat.
Then I gave up my personal life to start a business...without a penny from anyone but my night job of bagging groceries and pricing canned goods.

And I literally have shoveled shit for money and now have a wife who could model, a pretty dope house in a nice area and a secure job.

That doesn't mean that there's not something wrong, and it doesn't mean that I'm going to spend my life all about "me me me" and what *I* did, but I look out for others.

25 million unemployed means that there's a fuck of a lot more going on than just people being lazy, and that montra only works for the few who abuse the social assistance, which by STUDY is not even a big percent.

And what's more, is that the EMPLOYED's wages have been frozen, and actually decreased 10% over the last few years.

If you were bagging groceries at a wage @ night that could never have allowed you to get through college, make rent, save, etc. and the economy wasn't really hiring anywhere else, and banks weren't really lending then shit is out of your hands.

Now wait a minute.

I am not about me me me.

I have an employee that has made more than I did at one point due to a down turn in business.

I have fiancially assisted another employee in opening up his opwn company to comptete with me.

I have never laid off an employee becuase of a downturn in business.

I spent September 12th-September 14th away from my family as I dug for survivors....12 hours on, 8 hours sleeping at Shea Stadium.

I served my country. Never saw action, but would have gone when necessary.

I donate to charity...AND DONT WRITE IT OFF...( something my wife and I believe in doing)

Once a year .... sometimes twice a year, my entire family buys no less than 100 turkeys and serves them at a shelter

I have coached soccer, football and little league. My wife has served on the PTA for years.

I push to buy from the local merchant.

SO take your "im not all about me me me" crap and get off your high horse.

Just bnecause I believe in personal responsibility doesnt mean that I dont care about my fellow man as much as you.

I disagree. In fact, the main criticism is that they don't even have a unified message.

My personal protest is with Corrupt Bankers, CEO's and Goons giving bribes to Corrupt Slimy politicians and funneling more money their own way, as a result while the middle class gets hood-winked.

I disagree. In fact, the main criticism is that they don't even have a unified message.

My personal protest is with Corrupt Bankers, CEO's and Goons giving bribes to Corrupt Slimy politicians and funneling more money their own way, as a result while the middle class gets hood-winked.

I dont see how the corrupt relationship between the coproations and the politicians results in the middle class being hoodwinked.

Are you suggestiong that Washington should take control of executive salaries?

I'm so glad the people of New York love love love them some Occupiers.

they can KEEP THEM....ENJOY taking care of them OUT OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS.. too.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Washington should leave executives alone. Democrats have made it very attractive to sell favors. While both parties engage in a certain amount of influence peddling, the democrats have raised it to an art form. A business that wishes to be honest and not buy off the politicans just won't be in business very long. They won't get that permit, the project won't be approved. The government sees to it that a favored business gets a big government grant, then the business kicks back a substantial donation to the party selling the favor. Taxpayer funds are laundered from the Treasury, right into the political coffers. It's not the fault of the businessman who can't do anything but shop for influence. We have a situation where political favors are up for bid. Naturally the executive who lands the favor is going to be entitled to a nice fat bonus for a job well done. This is the way government runs in communist countries. It's the way Russia clawed its way to poverty.

I can't wait for the first winter storm. We'll see how committed the Obnoxious Whining Sheep are when the wind chill hits negative digits and the freezing rain sleet and snow come along.

Dont you know me by now?

Now wait a minute.

I am not about me me me.

I have an employee that has made more than I did at one point due to a down turn in business.

I have fiancially assisted another employee in opening up his opwn company to comptete with me.

I spent September 12th-September 14th away from my family as I dug for survivors....12 hours on, 8 hours sleeping at Shea Stadium.

I donate to charity...AND DONT WRITE IT OFF...( something my wife and I believe in doing)

Once a year .... sometimes twice a year, my entire family buys no less than 100 turkeys and serves them at a shelter

I have coached soccer, football and little league. My wife has served on the PTA for years.

Just bnecause I believe in personal responsibility doesnt mean that I dont care about my fellow man as much as you.

That's an obfuscation because protesting the corruption going on is not lacking personal responsibility - - - - - and that's how you damn yourself as an ass.

Take me, for instance.

College Degree.
Money in the bank.

GREAT paying job. Secure. But then......

3 year wage & hiring freeze citing "the economy" -----

So Ok. My company is public.

Which means, I can go do some research (which I have) and see that gee, we're growing every year profit-wise, and at a greater percentage than we grew the years before the recession, yet there is a wage freeze?

Now, would personal responsibility be.......say...telling the Company to go fuck themselves, in an Economy where - I have a family, and jobs are SCARCE.

Do I - - - start a small business and take a risk against my family's financial security.....in a horrendous economy where nobody is BUYING ANYTHING?

Hrrrmmm.....

I've found that apparently, this is happening on a national scale and the middle class, as seen through the plethora of graphs, surveys, studies, etc. is disappearing at an ALARMING RATE.

Now, which class is the purchasing class, in a robust economy? The Middle Class.

Now, as an entrepreneur and someone who is personally responsible and hard working - would you not study economics? Learn yourself the ins and outs of how to manage your money, etc?

Perhaps you'd find that it wouldn't be too smart to risk your family's nest-egg to start up a business in an environment where NOBODY'S SPENDING MONEY.

So first, as a Citizen who's looking to his/her own future and the children of the generations behind you, you could take your responsibility as a Citizen and see to it that the Middle Class will one day maybe recover. Foster an environment where the risk vs. reward graphs make it a wise risk to open your own business. Be your own boss, etc.

But if you think that everyone in this mess of a disappearing middle class can just jump and start a business in this environment where those with the purchasing power - the middle class- are being squeezed the HARDEST - you are wrong.

There is a much deeper, a much grimmer scenario unfolding that is NOT the result of people lacking personal responsibility @ the worker-level. Noo0o0o00o0o0.

The personal responsibility that has become void is in the Wallstreet bankers and Washington Politicians.

Now wait a minute.

I am not about me me me.

That's an obfuscation because protesting the corruption going on is not lacking personal responsibility - - - - - and that's how you damn yourself as an ass.

Take me, for instance.

College Degree.
Money in the bank.

Which means, I can go do some research (which I have) and see that gee, we're growing every year profit-wise, and at a greater percentage than we grew the years before the recession, yet there is a wage freeze?

Now, would personal responsibility be.......say...telling the Company to go fuck themselves, in an Economy where - I have a family, and jobs are SCARCE.

Do I - - - start a small business and take a risk against my family's financial security.....in a horrendous economy where nobody is BUYING ANYTHING?

Hrrrmmm.....

I've found that apparently, this is happening on a national scale and the middle class, as seen through the plethora of graphs, surveys, studies, etc. is disappearing at an ALARMING RATE.

Now, which class is the purchasing class, in a robust economy? The Middle Class.

Now, as an entrepreneur and someone who is personally responsible and hard working - would you not study economics? Learn yourself the ins and outs of how to manage your money, etc?

Perhaps you'd find that it wouldn't be too smart to risk your family's nest-egg to start up a business in an environment where NOBODY'S SPENDING MONEY.

So first, as a Citizen who's looking to his/her own future and the children of the generations behind you, you could take your responsibility as a Citizen and see to it that the Middle Class will one day maybe recover. Foster an environment where the risk vs. reward graphs make it a wise risk to open your own business. Be your own boss, etc.

But if you think that everyone in this mess of a disappearing middle class can just jump and start a business in this environment where those with the purchasing power - the middle class- are being squeezed the HARDEST - you are wrong.

There is a much deeper, a much grimmer scenario unfolding that is NOT the result of people lacking personal responsibility @ the worker-level. Noo0o0o00o0o0.

The personal responsibility that has become void is in the Wallstreet bankers and Washington Politicians.

no where have I dammed these people for protesting. Instead, I have said nothing less than "I support their efforts".

But you implied that I was all about "me me me" becuase I am a conservaitve.

Well....if in fact that is how you see a conservative, then you dont understand what a conservative is.

Our ideology is not one of selfishness......ours is one of equality to all.

A conservative helps those who need it but a consertvative does not believe the help should be mandated.

A conservaitve helps becuase he wants to...not becuase the law makes him.

I suggest you rethink how you see a conservative....for you are a victim of the left wing spin of the conservative ideology.

Now wait a minute.

I am not about me me me.

Take me, for instance.

College Degree.
Money in the bank.

Hrrrmmm.....

no where have I dammed these people for protesting. Instead, I have said nothing less than "I support their efforts".

But you implied that I was all about "me me me" becuase I am a conservaitve.

Well....if in fact that is how you see a conservative, then you dont understand what a conservative is.

Our ideology is not one of selfishness......ours is one of equality to all.

A conservative helps those who need it but a consertvative does not believe the help should be mandated.

A conservaitve helps becuase he wants to...not becuase the law makes him.

I suggest you rethink how you see a conservative....for you are a victim of the left wing spin of the conservative ideology.

I didn't say a word about Conservative anything.
I also didn't say a word about ideaology.

I was merely pointing to the fact that your apparent answer, in the post above mine, was "personal responsibility" which implies that the people protesting do not believe in the same. I reject that notion, on account of at LEAST myself.

I am curious...what is it that you want from this?

Business owners and executives to voluntarily "level out" the salaries?

The government to force the levelling out of salaries?

What do you see as the answer?

At minimum, a return to the policies that gave us high wages and narrow income gaps over the four decades from 1940 to 1980. Those policies included a steeply graduated income tax, strict enforcement of labor law and government support for the right to form a union, trade policies that recognized the value of labor, and immigration policies that did likewise.

In short, a turn away from the failed policies initiated by the Reagan administration and followed in essence by all of his successors including President Clinton and President Obama. (I.e., current Democratic policies won't do it, either.)

Forum List

Back