People of NY OVERWHELMINGLY In Favor of #OccupyWallStreet

I wonder how many of the individuals that were polled had an I.Q. under 75, and/or were 1/2 Man 1/2 Turkey and 1/2 Rachael Maddow.

I am curious...what is it that you want from this?

Business owners and executives to voluntarily "level out" the salaries?

The government to force the levelling out of salaries?

What do you see as the answer?

At minimum, a return to the policies that gave us high wages and narrow income gaps over the four decades from 1940 to 1980. Those policies included a steeply graduated income tax, strict enforcement of labor law and government support for the right to form a union, trade policies that recognized the value of labor, and immigration policies that did likewise.

In short, a turn away from the failed policies initiated by the Reagan administration and followed in essence by all of his successors including President Clinton and President Obama. (I.e., current Democratic policies won't do it, either.)

a steeply graduated income tax?

How on earth will that lessen the gap between the execs and the lower employees?

strict enforcement of labor law?

Please cite what labor law dictates how much an exempt employee should make and how much a non exempt employee should make? And if there is one, whoich there isnt, how is it not being strictly enforced?

The first one has nothing to do with the income gap. You just want the higher earners to take home less than they do. That is defined as jealousy.

The second one is pure empty rhetoric. Labor laws have nothing to do with compensation as long as the compensation is at or above minimum wage and as long as all employees of equal status (exempt or non exempt) reeceive the same benefits.

So you really have not answered my question.

Short of having the government controlling salaries of private industry, how do you propose we lessen the income gap?

And I literally have shoveled shit for money and now have a wife who could model, a pretty dope house in a nice area and a secure job.

That doesn't mean that there's not something wrong, and it doesn't mean that I'm going to spend my life all about "me me me" and what *I* did, but I look out for others.

25 million unemployed means that there's a fuck of a lot more going on than just people being lazy, and that montra only works for the few who abuse the social assistance, which by STUDY is not even a big percent.

And what's more, is that the EMPLOYED's wages have been frozen, and actually decreased 10% over the last few years.

If you were bagging groceries at a wage @ night that could never have allowed you to get through college, make rent, save, etc. and the economy wasn't really hiring anywhere else, and banks weren't really lending then shit is out of your hands.

Now wait a minute.

I am not about me me me.

I have an employee that has made more than I did at one point due to a down turn in business.

I have fiancially assisted another employee in opening up his opwn company to comptete with me.

I have never laid off an employee becuase of a downturn in business.

I spent September 12th-September 14th away from my family as I dug for survivors....12 hours on, 8 hours sleeping at Shea Stadium.

I served my country. Never saw action, but would have gone when necessary.

I donate to charity...AND DONT WRITE IT OFF...( something my wife and I believe in doing)

Once a year .... sometimes twice a year, my entire family buys no less than 100 turkeys and serves them at a shelter

I have coached soccer, football and little league. My wife has served on the PTA for years.

I push to buy from the local merchant.

SO take your "im not all about me me me" crap and get off your high horse.

Just bnecause I believe in personal responsibility doesnt mean that I dont care about my fellow man as much as you.

That's an obfuscation because protesting the corruption going on is not lacking personal responsibility - - - - - and that's how you damn yourself as an ass.

Take me, for instance.

College Degree.
Money in the bank.

GREAT paying job. Secure. But then......

3 year wage & hiring freeze citing "the economy" -----

So Ok. My company is public.

Which means, I can go do some research (which I have) and see that gee, we're growing every year profit-wise, and at a greater percentage than we grew the years before the recession, yet there is a wage freeze?

Now, would personal responsibility be.......say...telling the Company to go fuck themselves, in an Economy where - I have a family, and jobs are SCARCE.

Do I - - - start a small business and take a risk against my family's financial security.....in a horrendous economy where nobody is BUYING ANYTHING?

Hrrrmmm.....

I've found that apparently, this is happening on a national scale and the middle class, as seen through the plethora of graphs, surveys, studies, etc. is disappearing at an ALARMING RATE.

Now, which class is the purchasing class, in a robust economy? The Middle Class.

Now, as an entrepreneur and someone who is personally responsible and hard working - would you not study economics? Learn yourself the ins and outs of how to manage your money, etc?

Perhaps you'd find that it wouldn't be too smart to risk your family's nest-egg to start up a business in an environment where NOBODY'S SPENDING MONEY.

So first, as a Citizen who's looking to his/her own future and the children of the generations behind you, you could take your responsibility as a Citizen and see to it that the Middle Class will one day maybe recover. Foster an environment where the risk vs. reward graphs make it a wise risk to open your own business. Be your own boss, etc.

But if you think that everyone in this mess of a disappearing middle class can just jump and start a business in this environment where those with the purchasing power - the middle class- are being squeezed the HARDEST - you are wrong.

There is a much deeper, a much grimmer scenario unfolding that is NOT the result of people lacking personal responsibility @ the worker-level. Noo0o0o00o0o0.

The personal responsibility that has become void is in the Wallstreet bankers and Washington Politicians.

KAPOW!!!!

kapow.jpg

The poll showing overwhelming support was done Quinnipiac University. That explains it!

National polls say ows are misguided at best. National polls blame DC more than Wallstreet.

Stop trying to turn a Gremlin into a BMW.

Here's goes another of the "Haven't-Got-A-Clue Set"

CLASSIC!! :lol:

If you want to talk about clues why dont you give ows one......

Wallstreet doesnt control the regulations that allowed this to happen. For god sake at least be smart enough to protest where you have a chance at affecting the outcome, CONGRESS

You just have to laugh at how they are pimping up this Occupying as if it is some HUGE movement. They had to ADVERTISE for protesters to be PAID on Craigslist for crying out loud..

I would bet MOST people are just shaking their heads and laughing..

Oh well, they will NEVER outdo the Tea Party..no matter how much they pump it up.:lol:

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Poll: NYers Support Occupy Wall Street, Taxes On Rich - YouTube

If there are any on USMB who may have been wondering why they have been able to stay there and will continue to stay there, that's why.

Pretty cool huh?

Not cool at all...small business owners in that area are losing a boatload of customers because they are being harassed by these dirt bags.But that probably makes you and your buddies happy.. :evil:
And the real reason they didn't get kicked out was we have a pussy of a mayor in office now and the Dems strong armed the owners of the park so that's why they didn't kick em to clean it up.

Last edited:
Including Republicans...

Check it out.

If there are any on USMB who may have been wondering why they have been able to stay there and will continue to stay there, that's why.

Pretty cool huh?

Not cool at all...small business owners in that area are losing a boatload of customers because they are being harassed by these dirt bags.But that probably makes you and your buddies happy.. :evil:
And the real reason they didn't get kicked out was we have a pussy of a mayor in office now and the Dems strong armed the owners of the park so that's why they didn't kick em to clean it up.

No to mention that one of the owners of Zuccotti Park is an asset management firm (Brookfield Properties) and they received taxpayer $$ totalling about $700,000.

The fix is in.

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Pretty cool huh?

And the mayor is one of those EVIL 1%

Here's another person who is 1% percent. Nancy Pelosi decided to jump in on the Occupy whatever protest.

99396_600.jpg

Last edited:
Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Pretty cool huh?

No to mention that one of the owners of Zuccotti Park is an asset management firm (Brookfield Properties) and they received taxpayer $$ totalling about $700,000.

The fix is in.

:eusa_shhh:
I read this awhile back.
I'm sure they didn't want THAT information getting out.
friggen..... hilarious

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Pretty cool huh?

It's cold and wet here Marc. I think it's time we all start donating AMTRAK Tickets for Atlanta, where they won't catch cold so easily. ;) :eusa_whistle:

It'll be good for Atlanta Marc, trust me. :D

Let these dopes hang out in front of Marc's house and shit and piss all over the place...
And I'm talking about the girls here now....

22% approve of the movement's goals, 15% disapprove, 63% don't know enough to say. If everyone had given an approve or disapprove answer and that ratio between the two had persisted, Gallup would have gotten a 59% approval rating, which by the way is very close to a Time poll result from a short time ago.

The New York poll result with a higher approval than that may simply be due to the fact that New York's population is more liberal than the national average.

:eusa_eh:

Um....regardless of your impressive mathematical gymnastics, 78% polled either don't like. or don't know, WTF the "movement" is.

About the same result as a recent Times Poll regarding the "Tea Party" movement.

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Pretty cool huh?

It's cold and wet here Marc. I think it's time we all start donating AMTRAK Tickets for Atlanta, where they won't catch cold so easily. ;) :eusa_whistle:

NO!!! Please NO!! We have enough of those New Yorkers that have moved South so they could be warmer. They want to change everything to "their way". They're not too keen on their neighbor Bubba that shoots his thanksgiving turkey.

"As of 2007, the bottom 80 percent of American households held about 7% of the liquid financial assets."

What does "liquid financial assets" mean, the money in your checking account?

Why is that a relevant statistic?

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Pretty cool huh?

NO!!! Please NO!! We have enough of those New Yorkers that have moved South so they could be warmer. They want to change everything to "their way". They're not too keen on their neighbor Bubba that shoots his thanksgiving turkey.

Knock it off. I have Family down there. :evil: :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back