Pelosi not invited to Stimulus Bill signing

Why on earth? Easy, because he is the president and she is the head of a major political party and speaker of the house. That’s why. You grow the fuck up and act like a leader. The old “she did it first so I can do it now” Line expired in grade school. You obviously didn’t get the memo

She's also the leader of the major political party which has been spewing lies about him for years, which has wasted untold millions of taxpayer dollars investigating things which never happened, and which tried to remove him from office over a fucking phone call.

He IS acting like a leader. Those who elected him (and I'm guessing you're not one of them) are finally happy to have a leader who doesn't take any bullshit and who couldn't be pretentious if he tried. You fuck with him, he'll fuck with you. That's how real life works. Pelosi now has a better understanding of what she can expect with the time she has left as SOTH while Trump is President.

You reap what you sow, and Pelosi has all but guaranteed that she'll be on the outside of all the good things that happen from here on out. She deserves to be left out in the cold.

Her political capital has been spent...
This is were we disagree. He is the president of the United States. Not the president of the Republicans or the president of just those who elected him. The “you fuck with him he’ll fuck with you” argument is exactly why he acts like a child and not a leader.

This is where you and I disagree.

When the kids act up at the restaurant, you don't take them back until they prove they can handle it. The parents go out and leave the children with the babysitter.

Pelosi's childish stunt at the state of the union proved she isn't ready to be allowed at the adult table. When she proves she's a grownup, maybe they'll take her to the restaurant again...at 2:30 in the afternoon...at a very small place that isn't too busy.
If Pelosi is the child acting out in the restaurant, yelling and throwing food, then Trump is the parent that yells louder and throws more food back at the child. That’s my point. He is the president. He doesn’t act like a responsible parent, he acts like a more bratty child. And y’all cheer him on. It’s a sad state we are devolving to
When Trump stands behind Pelosi and tears up her speech...you let me know.

Being mean on twitter ain't disrepecting the office of the president ofthe united states on national tv. Get your head out of your ass man and face reality.

Pelosi isn't invited because she can't be trusted. That's the fact.
i could rattle off a dozen things Trump has done to disrespect Pelosi and the house of Congress but I’m not interested in whataboutisms. Comparing bad behavior doesn’t justify bad behavior... that’s my point. Something needs to break the cycle. A grown up and a real leader is the only person that can do it. It’s very obvious that Trump is not that kind of person. Neither is Pelsoi. Difference is she is head of the Dems and Trump is head of this country.

What you want to see is a weak leader like the Republicans in the past. Let me ask, when past Republican Presidents didn't respond, how much good did that do them? None. Did it stop the lefts criticisms and insults of the Republican President? No it didn't. Were they any more respected? No they weren't.

We all know that the only way to stop a bully is to hit him back. We have a President that's doing it now, and you hate it.
Nothing is ever going to stop partisans from attacking eachother. I’m not saying that playing nice will do that. But at least past presidents could build a coalition of members from both parties and work together to get stuff done. Trumps method is dividing our country in worse ways than I’ve ever seen. That’s why it’s near impossible to get anything significant done. Aside from that it’s just plain embarrassing to see on the world stage.
Obama started it, and Trump isn't Obama so get used to a leader that don't rattle so easily.
Trump rattles easily. He gets completely unhinged on Twitter, obsessing over slights.

That’s the Class Act President we have... our government is being run by a bunch of emotional children. WTF is going on?!

Oh please, she has earned what she gets. Pelosi is a vicious, nasty person.
She's awesome! Trump is the most bigly vicious, nasty person.... no one in the existing world, is more vicious and nastier or more vindictive and vengeful than him, 24/7, 365 days a year....imo....

sure, she was wrong in showing her emotions and ripping his lying speech, but being wrong once in a while, makes her human....

being wrong and a dick ALL of the time, makes him, pure evil....! :eek: again, in my opinion... :p
Again, prod the bull, and get the horns. Just shows how bad the Democrats have been to him.

No worse than the Republicans were to Obama. The difference in their responses is class.
This to me is just being overly defensive to your side.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech
Had pens made to celebrate an attack on him

And the list goes on. Not defending Trump but calling the D actions "class"?

Please explain.

No Democrat refused to shake the speakers hand.

No Democrat referred to their colleagues publically with insulting nick names.

No Democrat met with their colleagues during the inauguration and swore to make the newly elected president a one term president by any means possible.

No Republican has had his citizenship and religion and eligibility for office questioned, with a complete lack of evidence, including by the current president.

Republicans rudely walked out of Obama’s last state of the union address, before it was finished.

I hear over and over how Democrats refused to accept the consequences of the election, but what do you call birtherism, but a refusal to accept the consequences of an election?

So no, I don’t think Trump has it worse than Obama. I am however sorely disappointed that Trump has brought the level of conduct, discourse and lack of class to a new low which Republicans and now Democrats are emulating.
so at best - the current climate is far more childish than when obama was in office. this is both sides.

trump, to many, has responded to the conduct already in the office. i'm sorely disappointed people will blame trump for their own actions.

no one can make you do anything. you have a choice in how you handle things and "trump did this" is a total and complete cop out.

That’s the Class Act President we have... our government is being run by a bunch of emotional children. WTF is going on?!

She's awesome! Trump is the most bigly vicious, nasty person.... no one in the existing world, is more vicious and nastier or more vindictive and vengeful than him, 24/7, 365 days a year....imo....

sure, she was wrong in showing her emotions and ripping his lying speech, but being wrong once in a while, makes her human....

being wrong and a dick ALL of the time, makes him, pure evil....! :eek: again, in my opinion... :p
Again, prod the bull, and get the horns. Just shows how bad the Democrats have been to him.

No worse than the Republicans were to Obama. The difference in their responses is class.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.
Oops realized we may have misunderstood each other, no, those actions are a lack of class. When I referred to class, it was how Obama handled intense and personal attacks and how Trump does.

Why on earth? Easy, because he is the president and she is the head of a major political party and speaker of the house. That’s why. You grow the fuck up and act like a leader. The old “she did it first so I can do it now” Line expired in grade school. You obviously didn’t get the memo

She's also the leader of the major political party which has been spewing lies about him for years, which has wasted untold millions of taxpayer dollars investigating things which never happened, and which tried to remove him from office over a fucking phone call.

He IS acting like a leader. Those who elected him (and I'm guessing you're not one of them) are finally happy to have a leader who doesn't take any bullshit and who couldn't be pretentious if he tried. You fuck with him, he'll fuck with you. That's how real life works. Pelosi now has a better understanding of what she can expect with the time she has left as SOTH while Trump is President.

You reap what you sow, and Pelosi has all but guaranteed that she'll be on the outside of all the good things that happen from here on out. She deserves to be left out in the cold.

This is were we disagree. He is the president of the United States. Not the president of the Republicans or the president of just those who elected him. The “you fuck with him he’ll fuck with you” argument is exactly why he acts like a child and not a leader.

When the kids act up at the restaurant, you don't take them back until they prove they can handle it. The parents go out and leave the children with the babysitter.

Pelosi's childish stunt at the state of the union proved she isn't ready to be allowed at the adult table. When she proves she's a grownup, maybe they'll take her to the restaurant again...at 2:30 in the afternoon...at a very small place that isn't too busy.
If Pelosi is the child acting out in the restaurant, yelling and throwing food, then Trump is the parent that yells louder and throws more food back at the child. That’s my point. He is the president. He doesn’t act like a responsible parent, he acts like a more bratty child. And y’all cheer him on. It’s a sad state we are devolving to

Being mean on twitter ain't disrepecting the office of the president ofthe united states on national tv. Get your head out of your ass man and face reality.

i could rattle off a dozen things Trump has done to disrespect Pelosi and the house of Congress but I’m not interested in whataboutisms. Comparing bad behavior doesn’t justify bad behavior... that’s my point. Something needs to break the cycle. A grown up and a real leader is the only person that can do it. It’s very obvious that Trump is not that kind of person. Neither is Pelsoi. Difference is she is head of the Dems and Trump is head of this country.

What you want to see is a weak leader like the Republicans in the past. Let me ask, when past Republican Presidents didn't respond, how much good did that do them? None. Did it stop the lefts criticisms and insults of the Republican President? No it didn't. Were they any more respected? No they weren't.

We all know that the only way to stop a bully is to hit him back. We have a President that's doing it now, and you hate it.
Nothing is ever going to stop partisans from attacking eachother. I’m not saying that playing nice will do that. But at least past presidents could build a coalition of members from both parties and work together to get stuff done. Trumps method is dividing our country in worse ways than I’ve ever seen. That’s why it’s near impossible to get anything significant done. Aside from that it’s just plain embarrassing to see on the world stage.
Obama started it, and Trump isn't Obama so get used to a leader that don't rattle so easily.
Trump rattles easily. He gets completely unhinged on Twitter, obsessing over slights.
like 2 scoops of ice cream
like fast food at the white house
like his general manner of speaking - we know you don't like it, so it's obsessing when you bitch about it EVERY OPPORTUNITY

there are so many slights and trivial things the D's have made mountains out of - i just don't understand how you can either excuse your side cause "trump made them do it" or simply not see the D's doing the very same thing trump does.

you're not better because you hate the other person doing it. you're the same person doing the same thing.

I see a hateful, vindictive, vengeful, arrogant, narcissistic, deceitful, lying, divisive, con artist and cheater who is self centered, a spoiled abusive bully, and loudmouthed wanna be... showman.... all the traits of the devil himself..... and traits and mannerism that I would never, ever, in a million gazillion years, want my children or grand children or friend's children or grand children or nieces or nephews etc, to emulate....! :eek:

I just can't get passed all that.... before ever even grading him as the so called president of the USA....

I don't foresee him ever changing for the good, not even in a National crisis, so please don't expect me to talk all nicey nicey about him.... I just can't.... and that's the honest to God truth.... so now you all know... if ya didn't already! :)

Last edited:

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.
Oops realized we may have misunderstood each other, no, those actions are a lack of class. When I referred to class, it was how Obama handled intense and personal attacks and how Trump does.
fair enough. obama did carry himself far better than trump. however, i don't trust obama simply because of how he treated the press. BEFORE GOING BUT TRUMP, keep this on obama. i hated how he used the press to manipulate current events.

my minor in college was journalism. i've been doing it in some form most all of my life. the "media"has NOT been "journalism" for a long long time and they are now PR pieces for their favorite politicians. it sucks. i didn't like obama jacking with the media so no - i don't like trump doing it either.

obama was horrible to the media when they were negative to him. he just didn't do it out in the open. but he spied on them, and much worse than trump just being the asshole that he is.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

No Democrat met with their colleagues during the inauguration and swore to make the newly elected president a one term president by any means possible.

No Republican has had his citizenship and religion and eligibility for office questioned, with a complete lack of evidence, including by the current president.

Republicans rudely walked out of Obama’s last state of the union address, before it was finished.

I hear over and over how Democrats refused to accept the consequences of the election, but what do you call birtherism, but a refusal to accept the consequences of an election?

So no, I don’t think Trump has it worse than Obama. I am however sorely disappointed that Trump has brought the level of conduct, discourse and lack of class to a new low which Republicans and now Democrats are emulating.
so at best - the current climate is far more childish than when obama was in office. this is both sides.

trump, to many, has responded to the conduct already in the office. i'm sorely disappointed people will blame trump for their own actions.

no one can make you do anything. you have a choice in how you handle things and "trump did this" is a total and complete cop out.

What I think is this. When it comes to conduct, what is “acceptable“ to a person is what is rewarded. Trump’s base applauds every attack, every insult, every rude crude and boorish childish act. What’s more, Trump rewards it in his colleagues. Pompeo’s horrible treatment of a reporter was praised by Trump.

When we, the people, refuse to hold our politicians to any standard of behavior, what then? I don’t see Pelosi’s ripping up of the speech as the problem, but rather as the tipping point of a problem that has been building momentum.

Maybe I am more conservative than I think but I value and respect our institutions, even if I don’t the individuals. I respect the traditions and the decorum and I despise the now often praised “punching down” of people by the mightiest person in this country.

like his general manner of speaking - we know you don't like it, so it's obsessing when you bitch about it EVERY OPPORTUNITY
there are so many slights and trivial things the D's have made mountains out of

But that is normal - that goes on all the time. Remember how Ford's clumsiness was accentuated? They bitched about Michelle for healthy eating, and her big butt, and Obama for playing golf and Biden for his way of speaking.

And none of those come close to questioning a person's nationality, birth place, religion or patriotism imo.

- i just don't understand how you can either excuse your side cause "trump made them do it" or simply not see the D's doing the very same thing trump does.

you're not better because you hate the other person doing it. you're the same person doing the same thing.

I'm not saying Trump made them do it, it's an individual's responsibility as to how they act and react. But I AM saying Trump has set a new tone and it's not a nice one. And more and more people are going to make choices to emulate it, because it is now acceptable.

So we - you and I - have a choice. Will I give Pelosi a free pass for her conduct? Will you give Trump a free pass for his conduct? Or will we hold them accountable?

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

What I think is this. When it comes to conduct, what is “acceptable“ to a person is what is rewarded. Trump’s base applauds every attack, every insult, every rude crude and boorish childish act. What’s more, Trump rewards it in his colleagues. Pompeo’s horrible treatment of a reporter was praised by Trump.

When we, the people, refuse to hold our politicians to any standard of behavior, what then? I don’t see Pelosi’s ripping up of the speech as the problem, but rather as the tipping point of a problem that has been building momentum.

Maybe I am more conservative than I think but I value and respect our institutions, even if I don’t the individuals. I respect the traditions and the decorum and I despise the now often praised “punching down” of people by the mightiest person in this country.

upon ripping the state of the union speech, Pelosi demonstrated
the fact that she is a pile of shit whore

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

and the D's base believes every "rumor" against the R's.

kavanaugh. to many he will always be a "rapist" even though nothing was proven.
the pens to celebrate what many feel to be a bogus impeachment - no class but the left celebrated
if you're looking for celebrations for poor reasons, the left is every bit as full of examples as the right. but only the right doing them upsets you.

to me this is where our divide continues to come from. we don't realize far too often we're doing the very same thing we hate the other side to do. if we force ourselves to admit it, we then run to "well maybe but they did it first" or "they deserve it because of..."

we go out of our own way to justify us doing the very behavior we call out against others.

i value and respect the core and building something for everyone. not using a crisis to mold society to our viewpoints. for all that trump has done NOTHING the right has done can match the low class bullshit the left tried to pull by putting their dreambills into the relief bill.

how is that helping EVERYONE?

so i really don't give a damn about trumps tweets. i don't read them. they're stupid and not well thought out and i find no value in reading something i know i'm not going to like just so i can bitch i don't like it.

how is that helping ANYONE?

you and many let your hate of trump, warranted or not, make you hate what he does even if your side doing it would draw praise. in that manner, trump can never win and you will always hate what he does, even if you'd love it if someone else did the very same thing.

that makes no sense at all to me. someone i hate can do something i like and i don't suddenly hate the action because i hate the person.

But that is normal - that goes on all the time. Remember how Ford's clumsiness was accentuated? They bitched about Michelle for healthy eating, and her big butt, and Obama for playing golf and Biden for his way of speaking.

And none of those come close to questioning a person's nationality, birth place, religion or patriotism imo.

- i just don't understand how you can either excuse your side cause "trump made them do it" or simply not see the D's doing the very same thing trump does.

I'm not saying Trump made them do it, it's an individual's responsibility as to how they act and react. But I AM saying Trump has set a new tone and it's not a nice one. And more and more people are going to make choices to emulate it, because it is now acceptable.

So we - you and I - have a choice. Will I give Pelosi a free pass for her conduct? Will you give Trump a free pass for his conduct? Or will we hold them accountable?
trump is a response to the tone and people tired of being told where people must pee and how we must accept a globalization happening. the left took it very extreme to do the globlization and trump stepped up to say NO.

that is why people will stand by him no matter what because he was the answer to a continued push by the left for MORE "by the left" activity so many were tired of. in time it will go too far the other way and there will be a big shift all over again.

just how it works. better or worse.

they emulate trump because they got tired of PC and the hypocrisy it brings. if it wasn't trump who said ENOUGH it would have been someone and the left would hate them just as much because he's trying to end the party the left has been enjoying.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

Still crying about Republicans wanting to make Obama a one term President? Grow the fuck up.

The opposition party ALWAYS wants to make a President a one term President. Hey, your clowns even tried to remove Trump from office on bullshit charges.

I used to be a trump fan…
LiarFace.png

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

and the D's base believes every "rumor" against the R's.

kavanaugh. to many he will always be a "rapist" even though nothing was proven.
the pens to celebrate what many feel to be a bogus impeachment - no class but the left celebrated
if you're looking for celebrations for poor reasons, the left is every bit as full of examples as the right. but only the right doing them upsets you.

I agree, the left is full of examples of bad behavior - however - I do not agree the impeachment was bogus.

In my opinion - Trump personally has lowered the bar, Republicans pre-Trump and Democrats pre-Trump did not go quite this low in public discourse and still largely respected traditions. I mean seriously - resorting to rude and crude nicknames for elected representatives? I think while there is equivalency, there also needs to be a recognition as to how Donald Trump has changed the Republican Party and changed the level of discourse and respect for traditions.

And frankly, added on to that we are seeing another change in that the freshman class of Democrats and Republicans are representing a new and very different generation than you or I. And in some of them, I'm seeing a similar lack of respect. Maturity might change that. Or maybe not.

to me this is where our divide continues to come from. we don't realize far too often we're doing the very same thing we hate the other side to do. if we force ourselves to admit it, we then run to "well maybe but they did it first" or "they deserve it because of..."

we go out of our own way to justify us doing the very behavior we call out against others.

i value and respect the core and building something for everyone. not using a crisis to mold society to our viewpoints. for all that trump has done NOTHING the right has done can match the low class bullshit the left tried to pull by putting their dreambills into the relief bill.

Ok...I was with you until your last sentence. You don't think the right has put their dreambills into the relief bill?

Some examples:
Language specifically prohibiting Planned Parenthood from receiving any money.
An attempt to put in a bail out of the oil industry suffering under low oil prices (nothing to do with the virus) by buying for the National Reserve into the bill.
Job security for top military brass.
Another big agricultural bail out

Both sides attempted to stuff it with constituent wishlists.

Some of the things however were good - for example, barring the President, Vice President, Cabinet ministers, and Congress Critters and their families from getting any of this money.

how is that helping EVERYONE?

It isn't but it's the way things have been done for a long long time and not just by the left. In one sense I can see why in some cases - it's the only way small states can get things through for their constituents.

so i really don't give a damn about trumps tweets. i don't read them. they're stupid and not well thought out and i find no value in reading something i know i'm not going to like just so i can bitch i don't like it.

how is that helping ANYONE?

you and many let your hate of trump, warranted or not, make you hate what he does even if your side doing it would draw praise. in that manner, trump can never win and you will always hate what he does, even if you'd love it if someone else did the very same thing.

that makes no sense at all to me. someone i hate can do something i like and i don't suddenly hate the action because i hate the person.

Honestly, I saw the same behavior directed at Obama. AND though I try - I find it very hard to maintain a respectful attitude towards Trump as President, it's almost impossible at his daily attacks at the media, the left, etc even to the point of promoting conspiracy theory.

Many if not all of his policies have been in direct opposition to what I value and believe in - so when people say I should be supporting him, it's really difficult. It's not just personal animosity - it's absolute policy differences and value differences. How can I support that?

jkj

trump is a response to the tone and people tired of being told where people must pee and how we must accept a globalization happening. the left took it very extreme to do the globlization and trump stepped up to say NO.

that is why people will stand by him no matter what because he was the answer to a continued push by the left for MORE "by the left" activity so many were tired of. in time it will go too far the other way and there will be a big shift all over again.

just how it works. better or worse.

they emulate trump because they got tired of PC and the hypocrisy it brings. if it wasn't trump who said ENOUGH it would have been someone and the left would hate them just as much because he's trying to end the party the left has been enjoying.

That may well be - PC has been carried to a ridiculous point, and I understand the pushback and even agree to some extent (I work at a University and have seen some of it first hand and it's annoying as hell) But - the pushback is also gone to a ridiculous degree.

Is it personally acceptable? Not to me.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.
fair enough. obama did carry himself far better than trump. however, i don't trust obama simply because of how he treated the press. BEFORE GOING BUT TRUMP, keep this on obama. i hated how he used the press to manipulate current events.

my minor in college was journalism. i've been doing it in some form most all of my life. the "media"has NOT been "journalism" for a long long time and they are now PR pieces for their favorite politicians. it sucks. i didn't like obama jacking with the media so no - i don't like trump doing it either.

obama was horrible to the media when they were negative to him. he just didn't do it out in the open. but he spied on them, and much worse than trump just being the asshole that he is.

I will agree that Obama started the ball rolling on limiting media's freedom and rights and set an unfortunate precedent. It's one of my few criticisms of him.

We love to deplore the media but they have a job to do whether we agree with them or not. If we don't like one of them - hell - there are hundreds if not thousands to choose from.

“Prodding the bull” is a nice euphemism for anything Trump doesn’t want to be true. Anywhere from countering his own lies to pointing out things he’s said and done in the past to engaging in necessary oversight of the executive branch.

It’s not that they’re unfair, it’s just that Trump doesn’t like it when people don’t want to let him get away with whatever he wants. He’s a spoiled child at heart.
Trump is a real boss, and he isn't what the employee's want after they've been used to screwing around or screwing up freely for so long. Trump is a CEO who believes in consequences as a result for ones ineptness, and radical bullcrap shown in their thinking and actions while on the job. He just applies his long learned experiences and knowledge, and the wild bunch hates him for it.

Those blue cities are prog controlled socialized meccas. And they seem to be in the forefront of the pandemic. Make all the excuses you want, but that is the fact.
Well big cities do have a more concentrated amount of citizen's in close quarters, but the weakend down of the citizens definitely could be attributed to Democrat control and rule. Yes the results could be devastating if Democrats have left their citizen's exposed and weak over the years.

No repub ever:
Acted up behind obama
Ripped up his speech

Please explain.

I will agree that Obama started the ball rolling on limiting media's freedom and rights and set an unfortunate precedent. It's one of my few criticisms of him.

We love to deplore the media but they have a job to do whether we agree with them or not. If we don't like one of them - hell - there are hundreds if not thousands to choose from.
Yes, but why are the bad ones the actual one's being highlighted by their masters, otherwise instead of those thousands more good ones that you speak of ??

Forum List

Back