Patriots Super Bowl ring

How have the NFL owners colluded to limit coach salaries? There are no rules in effect to limit salaries to coaches.

As for the limiting of player salaries? The NFL and the NFL Players Association negotiate between them how much money will be paid to the players. The NFL Players Association understands that the salary cap's main purpose is to provide competitive balance in the league, not keep players in "slavery", something you can't seem to grasp. If you look at the average player salary since the salary cap was established...players are making much more money NOW than they ever were before it was put into play. Why? Because the Players Association negotiated that for them...along with retirement benefits that never existed before. As of 2009 the AVERAGE NFL player was making over a million dollars a year!
They colluded by agreeing on the tampering law, how many times do I have to explain this to you?

How does the players union colluding with the owners to limit salary tell you that there is no colluding to limit salaries of the players? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? There are a great many players that don't make millions of dollars a year. Your use of the term average is to justify limiting player salaries is ludicrous and insulting.

So now the Players Union is also "colluding" with the NFL owners? Why would they do that? Do you have any idea how stupid you come across when you make a statement like that? You seem to think that any negotiation equates to collusion. That isn't the case. The NFL Players Union has negotiated in such a way that the average NFL player now is making so much more than players were thirty years ago that it isn't even funny. Back in 1982 the average player salary was a little more than $90,000. Today it is more than $1,000,000. That has to be the worst example of "collusion" I've ever heard of.
For money, duh! Why do you think they wouldn't do that? Do you have any idea how naive and condescending you come across with nearly every statement you make? You seem to think that every negotiation is done with zero collusion. That isn't the case, except in fantasy land where unicorns live.

EVERYONE IS MAKING MORE TODAY THAN THEY DID THIRTY YEARS AGO. It's called inflation. 1982 was THIRTY THREE years ago old man.

So a tenfold increase in wages is due to inflation? Is that what you're now claiming? Let's see...the inflation rate since 1982 is 2.81% so a dollar in 1982 would have the same buying power as $2.50 now.

Care to try again, Sparky? If the average players salary had increased at the rate of inflation then the average NFL player would now be making $225,000. Instead they are making $1,100,000. Gee...those poor "enslaved" players!!!
You're still talking about averages. Does that make you sleep well at night?

What makes you god that you feel the need to set another man's salary or poke at it and tell him he's making enough and should be happy to be limited by a monopoly on his salary?

I think you have too much money you don't mind if I set a cap on your income do you?

Look you are wrong. There is no "collusion." They all negotiate for salary caps, etc. The players have a union that makes sure they get a fair deal. These are guys that make between hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of dollars. They are NOT being taken advantage of, that is for sure. :rolleyes-41: This whole argument is just stupid beyond belief.

The Patriots won the Superbowl. Deal with it. It's a goddamn sport that was created for entertainment purposes. You people are just sucking ALL the FUN out of it with your incessant whining.

They colluded by agreeing on the tampering law, how many times do I have to explain this to you?

How does the players union colluding with the owners to limit salary tell you that there is no colluding to limit salaries of the players? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? There are a great many players that don't make millions of dollars a year. Your use of the term average is to justify limiting player salaries is ludicrous and insulting.

So now the Players Union is also "colluding" with the NFL owners? Why would they do that? Do you have any idea how stupid you come across when you make a statement like that? You seem to think that any negotiation equates to collusion. That isn't the case. The NFL Players Union has negotiated in such a way that the average NFL player now is making so much more than players were thirty years ago that it isn't even funny. Back in 1982 the average player salary was a little more than $90,000. Today it is more than $1,000,000. That has to be the worst example of "collusion" I've ever heard of.
For money, duh! Why do you think they wouldn't do that? Do you have any idea how naive and condescending you come across with nearly every statement you make? You seem to think that every negotiation is done with zero collusion. That isn't the case, except in fantasy land where unicorns live.

EVERYONE IS MAKING MORE TODAY THAN THEY DID THIRTY YEARS AGO. It's called inflation. 1982 was THIRTY THREE years ago old man.

So a tenfold increase in wages is due to inflation? Is that what you're now claiming? Let's see...the inflation rate since 1982 is 2.81% so a dollar in 1982 would have the same buying power as $2.50 now.

Care to try again, Sparky? If the average players salary had increased at the rate of inflation then the average NFL player would now be making $225,000. Instead they are making $1,100,000. Gee...those poor "enslaved" players!!!

What makes you god that you feel the need to set another man's salary or poke at it and tell him he's making enough and should be happy to be limited by a monopoly on his salary?

I think you have too much money you don't mind if I set a cap on your income do you?

Look you are wrong. There is no "collusion." They all negotiate for salary caps, etc. The players have a union that makes sure they get a fair deal. These are guys that make between hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of dollars. They are NOT being taken advantage of, that is for sure. :rolleyes-41: This whole argument is just stupid beyond belief.

The Patriots won the Superbowl. Deal with it. It's a goddamn sport that was created for entertainment purposes. You people are just sucking ALL the FUN out of it with your incessant whining.

ROFL fair deal... bunch of cheaters won the superbowl... players should be happy they have a salary cap... if they don't like it they can just leave the country.

ROFL fair deal... bunch of cheaters won the superbowl...

The Pats are the official Superbowl winners. Get used to it. They will probably be contenders next year too.

How have the NFL owners colluded to limit coach salaries? There are no rules in effect to limit salaries to coaches.

As for the limiting of player salaries? The NFL and the NFL Players Association negotiate between them how much money will be paid to the players. The NFL Players Association understands that the salary cap's main purpose is to provide competitive balance in the league, not keep players in "slavery", something you can't seem to grasp. If you look at the average player salary since the salary cap was established...players are making much more money NOW than they ever were before it was put into play. Why? Because the Players Association negotiated that for them...along with retirement benefits that never existed before. As of 2009 the AVERAGE NFL player was making over a million dollars a year!

As long as you "cap" it at 1.1 million, RKM with great benefits...I'm just fine with that!

As long as you "cap" it at 1.1 million, RKM with great benefits...I'm just fine with that!
IOW we're established what you are, and set your price.

I'm someone who grasps that paying someone millions and giving then great benefits is NOT enslaving them? Duh?

ROFL fair deal... bunch of cheaters won the superbowl... players should be happy they have a salary cap... if they don't like it they can just leave the country.

amen to that.Tom Brady and Bill Beliecheat will go down in history being remembered in the same breath as Barry Bonds,Mark Mcguire,Sammy Sosa,and Roger Clemons.players who had to cheat to set records and achieve greatness.

The Pats are the official Superbowl winners. Get used to it. They will probably be contenders next year too.

I hope they make it back. My Seahawks are loading up for being there too. This time it won't come down to one lucky play. I see a similar result to the SB with the Broncos.

I hope they make it back. My Seahawks are loading up for being there too. This time it won't come down to one lucky play. I see a similar result to the SB with the Broncos.

Dude the "lucky play" was the catch that was made to get the Seahawks knocking on the door for a touchdown! The play that Butler made on the interception was not luck at all...it was anticipation of what Seattle was going to do and great reaction.

Dude the "lucky play" was the catch that was made to get the Seahawks knocking on the door for a touchdown! The play that Butler made on the interception was not luck at all...it was anticipation of what Seattle was going to do and great reaction.

Oh really? See I just started watching the NFL this season and I don't have a clue how to analyze how a play gets broken down. I've seen Wilson, Carroll, Bevell, and a host of so called proffessionals .. AKA experts explain it but you are probably the board go-to-guy in these matters...eh?

You mean the Kearse reception or the Lynch run? Or do you mean the Lane broken wrist that allowed that POS to pretend he was an NFL LOB DB? That was pure luck for Brady...eh? Tommy boi would have been shit outta luck if he was playing against an LOB that wasn't to a man seriously injured. OR the Pats luck that Lockette was attempting the catch? My sister would have made a better play for the ball than Lockette did.

BTW Kearse has made NUMEROUS circus catches as a U of W Husky and a Seahawk. He has an amazing ability to concentrate on the ball.

I seriously hope the Pats make it to the SB this season. The Hawks won't be all hacked up in the D Secondary as the Seahawks don't repeat mistakes. There will be no last second chances for Tommy boi.

Oh really? See I just started watching the NFL this season and I don't have a clue how to analyze how a play gets broken down. I've seen Wilson, Carroll, Bevell, and a host of so called proffessionals .. AKA experts explain it but you are probably the board go-to-guy in these matters...eh?

You mean the Kearse reception or the Lynch run? Or do you mean the Lane broken wrist that allowed that POS to pretend he was an NFL LOB DB? That was pure luck for Brady...eh? Tommy boi would have been shit outta luck if he was playing against an LOB that wasn't to a man seriously injured. OR the Pats luck that Lockette was attempting the catch? My sister would have made a better play for the ball than Lockette did.

BTW Kearse has made NUMEROUS circus catches as a U of W Husky and a Seahawk. He has an amazing ability to concentrate on the ball.

I seriously hope the Pats make it to the SB this season. The Hawks won't be all hacked up in the D Secondary as the Seahawks don't repeat mistakes. There will be no last second chances for Tommy boi.

Ah, Sparky? Brady wasn't on the field for a "last second chance"! He was sitting on the sidelines. The Kearse catch was the epitome of luck because Butler broke up that pass and it just happened to hit someone else and land on top of Kearse who was flat on his back on the ground. The Butler interception wasn't luck at all...because of great coaching that had put him in that same situation...he recognized the formation...knew where the Seahawks were going to go with the ball...and beat his man to the spot. That's an undrafted free agent from a school nobody's even heard of making that play! That's the brilliance of Bill Belichick. He goes out and gets the Butlers, the Bradys, the Edelmans and turns them into champion caliber players. THAT is why the Patriots excel! Not because they are lucky. Because they're smarter than your coaches and they work harder than your coaches.

Injuries are a part of the game. Butler wasn't even a starter and he made the play that saved the Super Bowl for the Patriots. Too bad the backups for the Seahawks weren't as good as the backups for the Patriots. If they were...you wouldn't be here whining about "Tommy boi".

Last edited:

Ah, Sparky? Brady wasn't on the field for a "last second chance"! He was sitting on the sidelines. The Kearse catch was the epitome of luck because Butler broke up that pass and it just happened to hit someone else and land on top of Kearse who was flat on his back on the ground. The Butler interception wasn't luck at all...he recognized the formation...knew where the Seahawks were going to go with the ball...and beat his man to the spot.

Injuries are a part of the game. Butler wasn't even a starter and he made the play that saved the Super Bowl for the Patriots. Too bad the backups for the Seahawks weren't as good as the backups for the Patriots. If they were...you wouldn't be here whining about "Tommy boi".

So what! That is the nature of our sport. "What if" is what it is about. You are whining just as much if not more about me just reliving the moment and describing the events. What is the matter? Why the reluctance to look honestly at the play? It won't take away Tommy boi's ring so stop your belly aching.

See...THAT is why the Hawks will destroy you punks in this coming season. You babies are too emotional and the Hawks are more pragmatic. We will learn from that play as well as the lucky ones. Yes there is a lesson in concentrating on the ball until the play is over as evidenced in Kearse's reception.

Ah, Sparky? Brady wasn't on the field for a "last second chance"! He was sitting on the sidelines. The Kearse catch was the epitome of luck because Butler broke up that pass and it just happened to hit someone else and land on top of Kearse who was flat on his back on the ground. The Butler interception wasn't luck at all...because of great coaching that had put him in that same situation...he recognized the formation...knew where the Seahawks were going to go with the ball...and beat his man to the spot. That's an undrafted free agent from a school nobody's even heard of making that play! That's the brilliance of Bill Belichick. He goes out and gets the Butlers, the Bradys, the Edelmans and turns them into champion caliber players. THAT is why the Patriots excel! Not because they are lucky. Because they're smarter than your coaches and they work harder than your coaches.

The Seahawks have made it to two Super Bowls in a row in the last two years. The Pats one. I guess by your way of thinking that means that Carroll and Wilson are twice as smart and worked twice as hard as the Patriots.

Ah, Sparky? Brady wasn't on the field for a "last second chance"! He was sitting on the sidelines. The Kearse catch was the epitome of luck because Butler broke up that pass and it just happened to hit someone else and land on top of Kearse who was flat on his back on the ground. The Butler interception wasn't luck at all...he recognized the formation...knew where the Seahawks were going to go with the ball...and beat his man to the spot.

So what! That is the nature of our sport. "What if" is what it is about. You are whining just as much if not more about me just reliving the moment and describing the events. What is the matter? Why the reluctance to look honestly at the play? It won't take away Tommy boi's ring so stop your belly aching.

See...THAT is why the Hawks will destroy you punks in this coming season. You babies are too emotional and the Hawks are more pragmatic. We will learn from that play as well as the lucky ones. Yes there is a lesson in concentrating on the ball until the play is over as evidenced in Kearse's reception.

The Seahawks have made it to two Super Bowls in a row in the last two years. The Pats one. I guess by your way of thinking that means that Carroll and Wilson are twice as smart and worked twice as hard as the Patriots.

"In Brady's 13 full seasons as a starter (he missed nearly all of 2008 with a torn ACL),[4][5] the Patriots have earned six trips to the Super Bowl, winning four. Brady has won three Super Bowl MVP awards, two league MVP awards (2007, 2010), has been selected to ten Pro Bowls, and has led the Patriots to more division titles than any other quarterback in NFL history, with twelve. Brady is fifth on the all time list for career passing yards and fifth for career touchdown passes. His career postseason record is 21–8; his playoff win total is the most in NFL history. He helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over two seasons (2003–2004). He also set the record for most consecutive playoff wins with 10, and in 2007 led the Patriots to the first undefeated regular season since the institution of the 16-game schedule. He has thrown for more passing yards and touchdowns than any quarterback in NFL postseason history, and has the sixth highest career passer rating of all time (95.9) among quarterbacks with at least 1,500 career passing attempts."

"Belichick has coached the Patriots to six Super Bowl appearances: victories in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, and XLIX, and losses in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI. He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007, and 2010 seasons. Belichick is the NFL's longest-tenured active head coach and currently is fifth in regular season coaching wins in the NFL at 211, and first in playoff coaching wins with 22."

With all due respect, Huggy...it's great that you're a fan of your team but neither Peter Carroll nor Russell Wilson should be included in the same discussion as Brady and Belichick until Seattle accomplishes more than one Super Bowl victory. Just saying...

"In Brady's 13 full seasons as a starter (he missed nearly all of 2008 with a torn ACL),[4][5] the Patriots have earned six trips to the Super Bowl, winning four. Brady has won three Super Bowl MVP awards, two league MVP awards (2007, 2010), has been selected to ten Pro Bowls, and has led the Patriots to more division titles than any other quarterback in NFL history, with twelve. Brady is fifth on the all time list for career passing yards and fifth for career touchdown passes. His career postseason record is 21–8; his playoff win total is the most in NFL history. He helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over two seasons (2003–2004). He also set the record for most consecutive playoff wins with 10, and in 2007 led the Patriots to the first undefeated regular season since the institution of the 16-game schedule. He has thrown for more passing yards and touchdowns than any quarterback in NFL postseason history, and has the sixth highest career passer rating of all time (95.9) among quarterbacks with at least 1,500 career passing attempts."

"Belichick has coached the Patriots to six Super Bowl appearances: victories in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, and XLIX, and losses in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI. He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007, and 2010 seasons. Belichick is the NFL's longest-tenured active head coach and currently is fifth in regular season coaching wins in the NFL at 211, and first in playoff coaching wins with 22."

With all due respect, Huggy...it's great that you're a fan of your team but neither Peter Carroll nor Russell Wilson should be included in the same discussion as Brady and Belichick until Seattle accomplishes more than one Super Bowl victory. Just saying...

The Pats barely won in Feb = Seattle barely lost. The Seahawks were a scosh short of two consecutive SB wins. There was no beat down like the Hawks did to the Broncos. Carroll's reign will speak for it's self. The Hawks are already better on offense with the addition of Graham. Unless Seattle didn't learn from the depletion at DB for the playoffs I see another SB appearance as almost a certainty. The NFC West is in tatters with the exception of the Seahawks. That translates to another HFA in this season's playoffs. I expect Carroll to get ahead early in the eight division games and sit the LOB and other key players as much as possible. If Graham pans out I expect a shift from an emphasis on depending on the defense to win us games. If I'm right Offensive TOP will become a priority. Carroll is still working on his "Win Forever" formula. Being as healthy as possible at the end of the regular schedule in the critical areas will become a reality this season and going forward.

The Pats barely won in Feb = Seattle barely lost. The Seahawks were a scosh short of two consecutive SB wins. There was no beat down like the Hawks did to the Broncos. Carroll's reign will speak for it's self. The Hawks are already better on offense with the addition of Graham. Unless Seattle didn't learn from the depletion at DB for the playoffs I see another SB appearance as almost a certainty. The NFC West is in tatters with the exception of the Seahawks. That translates to another HFA in this season's playoffs. I expect Carroll to get ahead early in the eight division games and sit the LOB and other key players as much as possible. If Graham pans out I expect a shift from an emphasis on depending on the defense to win us games. If I'm right Offensive TOP will become a priority. Carroll is still working on his "Win Forever" formula. Being as healthy as possible at the end of the regular schedule in the critical areas will become a reality this season and going forward.

In the era of salary caps and free agency one of the hardest things to do in professional sports is to sustain dominance in the NFL. The truth of the matter is that most teams are one or two key injuries from not only not winning the Super Bowl but from not making it to the playoffs. If you think a Super Bowl appearance is a "certainty" for ANY team all I can say is that you're either naive or not that bright.

In the era of salary caps and free agency one of the hardest things to do in professional sports is to sustain dominance in the NFL. The truth of the matter is that most teams are one or two key injuries from not only not winning the Super Bowl but from not making it to the playoffs. If you think a Super Bowl appearance is a "certainty" for ANY team all I can say is that you're either naive or not that bright.

Duh! :lol:

Most Americans are proud to be stupid. Why should I aspire for anything less?

Last edited:
The new report puts the nail in the coffin of the cheaters

Sports figures found guilty of cheating
Ted Wells' report findings that Tom Brady and the New England Patriots likely played some part in deflating footballs for last January's AFC title game vs. the Indianapolis Colts is the latest in a long line of sports cheating. Here's a look at some other episodes in various sports where athletes and/or organizations were disciplined for violating rules (examples do not include PEDs).

Forum List

Back