Super Bowl 58 winner?

I do not believe I personally am good at picking winners. I also think those who think they are are also mistaken.
It is totally True that the 49ers sucked all during the 1st half. But look at Detroit for the 2nd half. They also sucked very bad. It was almost the final minute that they finally scored. The 49ers had them totally under control. I look at the entire record of the Chiefs. Mahomes is not undefeated by the 49ers. And even when they won the super bowl, the 49ers had them defeated for almost the entire game.

Basically, the question is whether the 49ers actually beat Detroit or if Detroit lost to/gave away the game to the 49ers.

KC will answer that question.

Yes but a large part of getting the Lions as far as they got was their repeatedly going for and getting forth down conversions in a desperate bid to save failed drives. Not the best way to play a game. They went to the well two times too many.
On that point I totally agree. They left points on the table that came back to haunt them later.

Campbell even acknowledged that mistake.
If they make it back to the playoffs next season, hopefully he learned from that mistake.

They deserve props sure but what a shitty way for it to end. Do you realize the Lion's went to the locker room at half booking their tickets for the Superbowl? I even started to think that the team was running on all cylinders at just the right time. We were going to roll over SF and beat Mahomes because they are having an off year.

After U of M I thought anything was possible. I felt this before the game started. So to be up 17 at the half. And then Campbell didn't kick that first field goal and my dad called me and I yelled at him to stop because he was jinksing the team. Then we were up 10, 7, tied, losing by 7, losing by 10. Nice try at the end but too little too late. You got out coached. SF made adjustments and this is almost as bad as when Atlanta let Brady come back and beat them in the Supebowl. LOL.
True, and that being said, most will remember them losing the 17 point Iead instead of what they did to make it to the NFC championship game.

I don’t feel confident about this one.

49ers have the better roster but they sure as hell haven’t shown it lately. Playoff Mahomes is a freaking monster and I don’t see how anyone can feel confident playing against that guy. Also, maybe it’s just me but Pacheco is running with so much intensity right now. He wants it bad.

Should be a good game.

My brain says SF is the better team overall but I'm picking KC because of their Defense and, of course, Mahomes.

On the gambling side
Leave the spread and moneyline alone.
Go the under
Mahomes and Purdy both over 275 yard passing
TDs for CMC, Pachenko

That's a 5 leg parley and $5 should pay over 300

My brain says SF is the better team overall but I'm picking KC because of their Defense and, of course, Mahomes.

On the gambling side
Leave the spread and moneyline alone.
Go the under
Mahomes and Purdy both over 275 yard passing
TDs for CMC, Pachenko

That's a 5 leg parley and $5 should pay over 300
How do you feel Purdy will do against a relentless pass rush?

IMO that made a big difference in Jacksons performance in the AFC Championship Game

When Jackson ran most of the regular season, he did so as part of the game plan, (as he did against the 49'ers in a dominating performance) but when he was FORCED to run against the Chiefs, the outcome was different, and he ended up making some mistakes.

It looks like a good match on paper, and should be interesting.👍

JMO.

IMO that made a big difference in Jacksons performance in the AFC Championship Game

When Jackson ran most of the regular season, he did so as part of the game plan, (as he did against the 49'ers in a dominating performance) but when he was FORCED to run against the Chiefs, the outcome was different, and he ended up making some mistakes.

JMO.
Purdy has been one of the best QBs against pressure this season. The question in my mind is whether the 49ers can get the running game going against the Chiefs. Baltimore only had 6 rushing attempts by their running backs, which made very little sense to me. I wonder if they overthought the game plan.

Of course, if the 49ers defense plays as poorly as it did in the first half against the Lions, it might not matter.

I don’t feel confident about this one.

49ers have the better roster but they sure as hell haven’t shown it lately. Playoff Mahomes is a freaking monster and I don’t see how anyone can feel confident playing against that guy. Also, maybe it’s just me but Pacheco is running with so much intensity right now. He wants it bad.

Should be a good game.
49rs cant afford to play 2-3 quarters of bad football like they have in the previous 2 PO games this year against the Chiefs.

JMO.

It can throw off any QB; even ones as good as Mahomes! Brady stole 2 SB's w/ defenses that rose to the occasion to stop the improv. aspects of Patrick's game vs both NE (AFC CC) & TB (SB LV) respectively! It looks as if KC has gotten over their growing pains w/ the receiving! The catches have been routine and effective of late! :nono: :oops: :eek: :rolleyes:

JMO.
Well, Purdy has CMC.
A checkdown that can go 40 yards on any given play.

niners will make use of CMC to slow the KC rush.

KC will respond by spying CMC which will leave the secondary short a guy.

I'm seeing a great defensive game and RELATIVELY low scoring.

30-35 total.

Well, Purdy has CMC.
A checkdown that can go 40 yards on any given play.

niners will make use of CMC to slow the KC rush.

KC will respond by spying CMC which will leave the secondary short a guy.

I'm seeing a great defensive game and RELATIVELY low scoring.

30-35 total.
CMC is a without a doubt a game changer. I think that if KC can smother Deebo, and they stop the run it will work to their advantage.

I definitely see a great defensive game unfolding.👍

Forum List

Back