Overturning Roe Is a Radical, Not Conservative, Choice

“America is a different place, with most of its population born after Roe was decided. And a decision to overturn Roe — which the court seems poised to do, according to the leak of a draft of a majority opinion from Justice Samuel Alito — would do more to replicate Roe’s damage than to reverse it.

It would be a radical, not conservative, choice.

What is conservative? It is, above all, the conviction that abrupt and profound changes to established laws and common expectations are utterly destructive to respect for the law and the institutions established to uphold it — especially when those changes are instigated from above, with neither democratic consent nor broad consensus.”

Overturning Roe is therefore repugnant to conservativism – it is radical, extreme, reckless, and irresponsible.
Your post makes no sense. You can’t complain about rulings coming from above when that ruling sends the power to decide back down to the states.

You people have been bitching about losing democracy like lunatics. This gets more democracy. The states get to vote on it. Roe prevented democracy from happening.

Yes, in the sense that babies are killed and slaves were cared for as prized property.
Good God. I can’t even come up with an appropriate answer for the abuse and murder of those “prized” possessions.

Said who? Honestly, do you just butt in to snark? I made reference to FDR, he was a Dem you know.
isn't that what this board does n advocates?

I get snarked all the time. no one cares.

going after the Repubs for being political is hilarious when the dems use the shit out of the filibuster, then it needs to go to save democracy.

or, just THEIR politics.

never saw you call out those politics.

it's hard to take you seriously when you attack others for doing exactly where the dems have led us to be.

isn't that what this board does n advocates?

I get snarked all the time. no one cares.

going after the Repubs for being political is hilarious when the dems use the shit out of the filibuster, then it needs to go to save democracy.

or, just THEIR politics.

never saw you call out those politics.

it's hard to take you seriously when you attack others for doing exactly where the dems have led us to be.
The problem is..over and over you only seem to call out me, even though you don’t follow your own standards and rarely call out the right. As I pointed out, the last time the Dem’s committed this level of overreach was FDR. Take it or leave it.

Always funny when libs try to tell people what conservative means, what Republicans need to do to win an election, etc.

The problem is..over and over you only seem to call out me, even though you don’t follow your own standards and rarely call out the right. As I pointed out, the last time the Dem’s committed this level of overreach was FDR. Take it or leave it.
then you don't pay attention as I've got many on the right pissed at me too. they don't like to be countered when emotional either.

again, you don't pay attention and take it personal.

They were “left winger” Dixie’s? Get real. There was nothing leftwing about the southern Dems and they did not agree with the northern liberal wing. But, like all political parties, including Republicans, political power trumps ideology. I thought you studied history, was it infected with your own brand of bias?

Or are just too cowardly to admit that conservatives can be despicable too?

Your cartoon is good…you still support choice?

View attachment 641622
Overturning Roe won't make abortion illegal as a matter of course, the left's outright lies about that notwithstanding....It will devolve the power of the centralized State, which I'm consistently in favor of.

So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh yeah....Almost forgot....

eftHollywood.jpg

Always funny when libs try to tell people what conservative means, what Republicans need to do to win an election, etc.
and do what? react and go too far the other way in response?

that's what we are seeing now. it's like the climax of a shitty tragedy.

The Rightwing penchant overturning long established precedent and established late, for putting in political judges and creating tbe most politically activist court since FDR almost a century ago….is indeed reckless.

The Supreme Court is losing credibility as being an impartial judiciary is being eroded in the eyes of many American. This isn’t good for our country. Neither is the possible precedent of giving individual rights and then taking them away.
Yes. No one ever said lefties were rocket scientists.

Overturning Roe won't make abortion illegal as a matter of course, the left's outright lies about that notwithstanding....It will devolve the power of the centralized State, which I'm consistently in favor of.

So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh yeah....Almost forgot....

View attachment 641631
I am anti abortion, but it's not my place to tell others how to live. ergo, pro choice.

But I also agree this should be at a state level. Feds have too much power over our lives as it is. let each state define their own idealogy.

“America is a different place, with most of its population born after Roe was decided. And a decision to overturn Roe — which the court seems poised to do, according to the leak of a draft of a majority opinion from Justice Samuel Alito — would do more to replicate Roe’s damage than to reverse it.

It would be a radical, not conservative, choice.

What is conservative? It is, above all, the conviction that abrupt and profound changes to established laws and common expectations are utterly destructive to respect for the law and the institutions established to uphold it — especially when those changes are instigated from above, with neither democratic consent nor broad consensus.”

Overturning Roe is therefore repugnant to conservativism – it is radical, extreme, reckless, and irresponsible.
the premise of the OP is a lie,,

I am anti abortion, but it's not my place to tell others how to live. ergo, pro choice.

But I also agree this should be at a state level. Feds have too much power over our lives as it is. let each state define their own idealogy.
I don’t think fundamental rights should be determined at the state level….

What you said about pro-choice though, is the essence of what that means.

Forum List

Back