Overturning Roe Is a Radical, Not Conservative, Choice

I don't think this is something the government should be involved in. Fetuses aren't children. Women and Doctors are the best people to make these decisions.

So, um, yeah, I don't spend time worrying about mythical scenarios.
I know, your belief in the Lawyer Fairy is absolute and you are an abortion extremist. You are out on the fringe, and few agree with you.

I don't hold a poll to have an opinion.

The reality is, the scenario you describe never happens, and making a law against it is just an open door to abuses by the religious fanatics.
Nope, because it's between a woman and her doctor. He says the baby is healthy, she doesn't get an abortion.

Nope, because it's between a woman and her doctor. He says the baby is healthy, she doesn't get an abortion.
Then she finds a doctor who will.

This is how Gosnell flew under the radar in one of the states with the strictest abortion laws in the country.

They got the limit down to 24 weeks in PA. Gosnell performed hundreds of these abortions, and frankly only got caught because of a drug sting. If he had bothered to pay his medical waste disposal bills, he'd never have gotten caught.

In any event, none of the government's damned business.

Then she finds a doctor who will.

This is how Gosnell flew under the radar in one of the states with the strictest abortion laws in the country.

They got the limit down to 24 weeks in PA. Gosnell performed hundreds of these abortions, and frankly only got caught because of a drug sting. If he had bothered to pay his medical waste disposal bills, he'd never have gotten caught.

In any event, none of the government's damned business.
See, that's the thing about government. It can write the laws that make it their business. Gosnell was a butcher and deserved to get caught.

“America is a different place, with most of its population born after Roe was decided. And a decision to overturn Roe — which the court seems poised to do, according to the leak of a draft of a majority opinion from Justice Samuel Alito — would do more to replicate Roe’s damage than to reverse it.

It would be a radical, not conservative, choice.

What is conservative? It is, above all, the conviction that abrupt and profound changes to established laws and common expectations are utterly destructive to respect for the law and the institutions established to uphold it — especially when those changes are instigated from above, with neither democratic consent nor broad consensus.”

Overturning Roe is therefore repugnant to conservativism – it is radical, extreme, reckless, and irresponsible.
As Hillary so famously said... what difference does it make now?

No, Gosnell was a butcher who existed because the legitimate providers had their hands tied by stupid laws.
He chose to exist; he chose to butcher women and innocent babies. He deserves what he got and the condemnation of society.

He chose to exist; he chose to butcher women and innocent babies. He deserves what he got and the condemnation of society.

Actually, I suspect that at one point, Gosnell probably started out as someone who wanted to serve his community, and at some point lost his way, working with less and less resources. He just got shoddier and shoddier in his practices.

But end of the day, he took the patients that other doctors wouldn't touch.

Forum List

Back