Over three quarters in new poll support mandatory photo ID to vote in person

They should have facial recognition technology for everything. Credit cards, bank accounts, immigration and all border crossing, government payments, flying, voting, employment, housing etc. etc. We could wipe out all fraud until the crooks figure out new ways to game the system. Who knows, it might be a final, unbeatable solution. Of course, the same people who are against voter IDs, the scammers, will be against facial recognition.

Politicians are playing you big time. They could have started this long ago if they had actually believed this.

When I first got my D.L. there was no picture. Then someone decided it should have a picture. There is NOTHING stopping a state from issuing voter registration cards with pictures in the same way you do a D.L.

No, it won't be as easy as D.L. as they are renewed from time to time but you could set up camera's at all polling stations to update a persons voter registration card when a person votes. When they get their D.L. When they apply for S.S. etc.

Why has NO state done this? Politicians want to continue to use this as a wedge issue.

You are being played.
It doesnt happen because democrats dont think black people are capable of getting one. It requires going somewhere and filling out paperwork. How could black people possibly pull that off?

Democrats run the entire country? They have been for years? No, of course not. States could have started this years ago but haven't. You are being played.
In South Carolina you have to have an id to vote.

You have to have an ID to vote anywhere.
Except when voting by mail.

Not true. To register to vote you have to provide I.D.
So then what are you arguing about?
Certainly if you need a voter id to register, you can bring it with you when you cast your vote. Yes?

People do.

Now, what about voting by mail? Something is mailed out, it gets mailed back. How is there any safe guard on who actually fills it out (votes)?
And what should be done regarding the voting machines? Whether you believe there was cheating or not, certainly there should be a system in place to inspect these machines and their software to make sure things were on the level.

If voting by mail is good for the president, it's good for the people.

Politicians are playing you big time. They could have started this long ago if they had actually believed this.

When I first got my D.L. there was no picture. Then someone decided it should have a picture. There is NOTHING stopping a state from issuing voter registration cards with pictures in the same way you do a D.L.

No, it won't be as easy as D.L. as they are renewed from time to time but you could set up camera's at all polling stations to update a persons voter registration card when a person votes. When they get their D.L. When they apply for S.S. etc.

Why has NO state done this? Politicians want to continue to use this as a wedge issue.

You are being played.
It doesnt happen because democrats dont think black people are capable of getting one. It requires going somewhere and filling out paperwork. How could black people possibly pull that off?

Democrats run the entire country? They have been for years? No, of course not. States could have started this years ago but haven't. You are being played.

So then what are you arguing about?
Certainly if you need a voter id to register, you can bring it with you when you cast your vote. Yes?
Now, what about voting by mail? Something is mailed out, it gets mailed back. How is there any safe guard on who actually fills it out (votes)?
And what should be done regarding the voting machines? Whether you believe there was cheating or not, certainly there should be a system in place to inspect these machines and their software to make sure things were on the level.
..if they can't understand that, they are racist and dumb

The American people smell the shit that the Democratic Party is trying to feed them.

An overwhelming majority of voters — including majorities in virtually every major voting demographic — believe Americans should be required to show a photo ID before casting a ballot in person, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Overall, 77% of respondents in the poll of registered voters believe ID laws should be in place at the ballot box. That number holds largely consistent among white, Hispanic and black voters; seven out of every 10 Democrats feel that way, as do 61% of "very liberal" voters.

Then have the govt. start issuing them for free..
They already do dumbass, but you loons think that minorities are too stupid to go to the dmv.
The ID's are not free..Derpa
If I can give you $600 or more, I can give you a fucking ID
Do I need a prophylactic as a carry on accessory with my fucking ID?

The American people smell the shit that the Democratic Party is trying to feed them.

An overwhelming majority of voters — including majorities in virtually every major voting demographic — believe Americans should be required to show a photo ID before casting a ballot in person, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Overall, 77% of respondents in the poll of registered voters believe ID laws should be in place at the ballot box. That number holds largely consistent among white, Hispanic and black voters; seven out of every 10 Democrats feel that way, as do 61% of "very liberal" voters.

They already do dumbass, but you loons think that minorities are too stupid to go to the dmv.
You probably would, yes.

Trump`s Department of Homeland Security told us "The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history" so obviously we need voter ID. I felt stupid just typing that. How Trumplings get through life is a real mystery. Who ties their shoes in the morning and puts them on the bus for special ed?

Trump`s Department of Homeland Security told us "The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history" so obviously we need voter ID. I felt stupid just typing that. How Trumplings get through life is a real mystery. Who ties their shoes in the morning and puts them on the bus for special ed?

Obama said the same before Trump lost. Two sides of the same coin.

Freaky.
I like it.

You are being played.

I didn't, when I turned 18 i have to register for the draft and I got registered when I did that. No id required. Could be different now, that was in 1988.

Is it possible to have a political discussion without whipping out your Trump-boner?
Try and stay focused... ID TO VOTE.

You are being played.

I didn't, when I turned 18 i have to register for the draft and I got registered when I did that. No id required. Could be different now, that was in 1988.

I doubt it. No one allows someone to live in Memphis and register in Boston.

Is it possible to have a political discussion without whipping out your Trump-boner?
ID TO VOTE...For what reason other than to harass poor people?

How exactly does that harass poor people? Be specific.

Are you serious?
That is such a stupid comment/position I hardly want to bother addressing it. Have you listened to none of the reasoning behind requiring an ID? Hell, did you even read this thread????
ID is already required for countless other things in daily life, is that just to harass poor people? Don’t those same poor people need photos Id to get government assistance, welfare, food stamps, etc??
And as previously mentioned, the ID can be provided for free.

So besides your BS “it’s just to harass poor people” excuse, why do you oppose it?
What is your ID to make elections secure?
Or should we just do everything without an ID? I can go to the bank today and take out a loan in your name because they don’t require any ID, since that would be harassing me. They should just take it in faith I am who I say I am. Same with buying a gun at the gun shop right? I don’t need to give them an ID, they should just believe me that I’m not a wanted felon. Wouldn’t want to harass me as I exercise my rights, right?

How exactly does that harass poor people? Be specific.
I don’t see how he can be serious. He is either disingenuous about his reasoning for opposing ID, or he is completely detached from the real world and has left wing koolaid spilled all over him and is regurgitating a talking point.

Are you serious?
That is such a stupid comment/position I hardly want to bother addressing it. Have you listened to none of the reasoning behind requiring an ID? Hell, did you even read this thread????
ID is already required for countless other things in daily life, is that just to harass poor people? Don’t those same poor people need photos Id to get government assistance, welfare, food stamps, etc??

So besides your BS “it’s just to harass poor people” excuse, why do you oppose it?
Or should we just do everything without an ID? I can go to the bank today and take out a loan in your name because they don’t require any ID, since that would be harassing me. They should just take it in faith I am who I say I am. Same with buying a gun at the gun shop right? I don’t need to give them an ID, they should just believe me that I’m not a wanted felon. Wouldn’t want to harass me as I exercise my rights, right?
You and Trump need ID to buy groceries. I don`t.

But how can Democrat Voters cast 10 ballots if they have to show an ID?
The most secure election ever held in this country according to Trump`s DHS. Go sit in a corner and if we need to hear another stupid remark we`ll ring a bell or something.
“ID is just to harass poor people” says you.
Then you have the nerve to call someone else’s remark stupid?

Are you serious?

You and Trump need ID to buy groceries. I don`t.
A clownish answer from someone as serious as a clown.
A pathetic job of dodging the issue. D-

Would any of the other folks in this thread who identify as democrats, who have actually had reasonable/thoughtful comments (moonglow, pknopp) like to comment on this?

Forum List

Back