russian, armenian, greek, maronite, coptic,

cathar and gnositic idea of original sin is somewhat different from the west also

does not exist in Islam either

It is a roman, western idea

Human nature is inherited from Adam, but people are not born with sin
Original sin - OrthodoxWiki

adults are baptized, not all children are, though some parents can ask for them. Not a requirement

It is about the fact people by nature are inclined to sin, not that they are born already with sin

It is choice of the parents not the church.

A lot of misinformation here. Regarding original sin, the Bible says...Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: In other words, a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.

There is only one cure for this sinful condition...For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

The faith it speaks of is faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

There you have it. Straight from the word of God. End of discussion.

You got it. I just have to add the second time it will be Jesus as Judge. We also have BW here so the thread will go on for another facepalm more pages.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
This is a short introduction to the "original sin" concept in christian theology.

What is original sin?

Although Christianity emphasizes the inherited original/Adam's sin, this principle cannot be traced back to any prophet. No prophet preached it. All prophets emphasized the individual's responsibility for his own words and deeds, as God’s message is the same in its basics with all the prophets.

The doctrine of Original Sin basically boils down to this:

• Everyone has "inherited" this sinful nature from Adam.
  • This sinful nature is going to make humans sin, or is a causative something back of the will.
  • God is going to condemn everyone to Hell for having this sinful nature.
Atonement and reconciliation

The word atonement is used in Christian theology to describe what is achieved by the alleged death of Jesus. The word was first used in 1526 to translate the Latin word reconciliatio.

In the Revised Standard Version the word reconciliation replaces the word atonement. Atonement (at-one-ment) is the reconciliation of men and women to God through the death of Jesus.

But why was reconciliation needed?

Christian theology suggests that Everybody carries this original sin of Adam with them which separates them from God, just as Adam and Eve were separated from God when they were cast out of the Garden of Eden.

The Atonement is that Jesus paid the penalty for the original and other sins of men by his death on the cross of Calvary, and that salvation cannot be obtained without belief in the saving power of his blood.

"There is no single doctrine of the atonement in the New Testament. In fact, perhaps more surprisingly, there is no official Church definition either."

(http://www.bbc.co.uk...esusdie_1.shtml)

Jesus taught that salvation lies in good deeds and faith, but the church states that salvation and success was achieved through crucifixion. The teachings of he who they believe to be the son of God, are not in line with what present day churches preach, the illogicality and inconsistency of their faith is obvious.

Original sin is an Augustine Christian doctrine that says that everyone is born sinful. The root of Christianity is the original sin upon which the crucifixion is justified and used for the benefit of Christians. Like trinity, Jesus never said I would be crucified for Adam's sin nor did he said that children are born sinful. None of these are found in the entire Bible.

The concept of Original Sin was explained in depth by St Augustine and formalised as part of Roman Catholic doctrine by the Councils of Trent in the 16th Century.

Getting rid of original sin

The way a person can 'cleanse' their soul from sin is

• to accept that Christ's death on the cross atoned for this sin
  • to be baptised.
Many Christians who profess to believe in the doctrine of original sin do not know what it teaches. Even more Christians are ignorant of its history and origin.
It doesn't exactly seem fair to me for me to pay for something that I did not do - that something my (supposed) ancestors did. If I myself sin then I should pay the price, but not if my ancestors 6000 years ago sinned. Let's learn to be more forgiving than God/Jesus.

This is a short introduction to the "original sin" concept in christian theology.

What is original sin?

Although Christianity emphasizes the inherited original/Adam's sin, this principle cannot be traced back to any prophet. No prophet preached it. All prophets emphasized the individual's responsibility for his own words and deeds, as God’s message is the same in its basics with all the prophets.

• This sinful nature is going to make humans sin, or is a causative something back of the will.

The word atonement is used in Christian theology to describe what is achieved by the alleged death of Jesus. The word was first used in 1526 to translate the Latin word reconciliatio.

In the Revised Standard Version the word reconciliation replaces the word atonement. Atonement (at-one-ment) is the reconciliation of men and women to God through the death of Jesus.

Christian theology suggests that Everybody carries this original sin of Adam with them which separates them from God, just as Adam and Eve were separated from God when they were cast out of the Garden of Eden.

The Atonement is that Jesus paid the penalty for the original and other sins of men by his death on the cross of Calvary, and that salvation cannot be obtained without belief in the saving power of his blood.

"There is no single doctrine of the atonement in the New Testament. In fact, perhaps more surprisingly, there is no official Church definition either."

Jesus taught that salvation lies in good deeds and faith, but the church states that salvation and success was achieved through crucifixion. The teachings of he who they believe to be the son of God, are not in line with what present day churches preach, the illogicality and inconsistency of their faith is obvious.

Original sin is an Augustine Christian doctrine that says that everyone is born sinful. The root of Christianity is the original sin upon which the crucifixion is justified and used for the benefit of Christians. Like trinity, Jesus never said I would be crucified for Adam's sin nor did he said that children are born sinful. None of these are found in the entire Bible.

The concept of Original Sin was explained in depth by St Augustine and formalised as part of Roman Catholic doctrine by the Councils of Trent in the 16th Century.

• to be baptised.
Many Christians who profess to believe in the doctrine of original sin do not know what it teaches. Even more Christians are ignorant of its history and origin.
It doesn't exactly seem fair to me for me to pay for something that I did not do - that something my (supposed) ancestors did. If I myself sin then I should pay the price, but not if my ancestors 6000 years ago sinned. Let's learn to be more forgiving than God/Jesus.

What is original sin?

• to be baptised.

It's either you didn't read Ancient lion's post or didn't understand it. I agree with you that today we do not use this as a standard, but you are trying to apply what you know today to what happened in the past. Adam and Eve were the original humans and what they did caused the rest of us its downfall. That is why we admire perfection and try to achieve it, even though we can't. Sometimes, one of us does and we admire it. None of us are perfect in that we are influenced by temptation and driven by our sinful nature. It explains that we have free will. The lesson from Adam and Eve is a key concept, but not one that is easy to understand.

What is original sin?

• to be baptised.

What is original sin?

• to be baptised.

It's either you didn't read Ancient lion's post or didn't understand it. I agree with you that today we do not use this as a standard, but you are trying to apply what you know today to what happened in the past. Adam and Eve were the original humans and what they did caused the rest of us its downfall. That is why we admire perfection and try to achieve it, even though we can't. Sometimes, one of us does and we admire it. None of us are perfect in that we are influenced by temptation and driven by our sinful nature. It explains that we have free will. The lesson from Adam and Eve is a key concept, but not one that is easy to understand.

I understood old lion's post-------re "original sin"-------is a typical refutation of
the bible by muslims-------it makes little sense

Forum List

Back