Open carry versus concealed carry

Did you watch the video.
Yes and that’s what it said between the lines. You only can do what the government ALLOWS you to do. Your every movement is watched by cameras, anything you say that the government doesn’t like can be termed “hate speech”, banned and you can be punished for speaking about your honest beliefs. The “weapons” your government ALLOWS you to have are popguns useless against anything more dangerous than a rabbit or paper target. There was a time when a English yeomen were the backbone of your defense. Now you are a subject.

Last edited:

For goodness sakes, you are having trouble crossing the damn road ... That would be kind of embarrassing.
Seems as though y'all cannot do much of anything without getting permission.

Try not to wander too far away from your Nanny or you may forget to breathe ... :thup:

Well, in the UK, we cross the road. In America, it's called jaywalking. We have the right to cross the road, seems to be a privilege in America.

Yes and that’s what it said between the lines. You only can do what the government ALLOWS you to do. Your every movement is watched by cameras, anything you say that the government doesn’t like can be termed “hate speech”, banned and you can be punished for speaking about your honest beliefs.
Is that what you think? Why are Americans so full of fallacies on the UK? What's gone wrong?

Well, in the UK, we cross the road. In America, it's called jaywalking. We have the right to cross the road, seems to be a privilege in America.

They do tend to put crosswalks and enforce jaywalking laws in places where Progressives like you live.
They have to protect the vote I guess ... Because you people will walk out in front of car if someone doesn't stop you.

Is that what you think? Why are Americans so full of fallacies on the UK? What's gone wrong?

You know, it's kind of funny when you say we are full of fallacies on the UK.
Seriously ... The UK doesn't tend to come up in conversations at all ... It's kind of like we don't care what you do.

You know ... The fighting part in our Revolution all started when you sorry bastards were on your way to Concord to confiscate guns and ammo.
You Brits never learn ... :thup:

They do tend to put crosswalks and enforce jaywalking laws in places where Progressives like you live.
They have to protect the vote I guess ... Because you people will walk out in front of car if someone doesn't stop you.

Rights and privileges are only brought up by gun nuts because you don't have a valid arguement. Having a gun for defence is a fallacy, at best. Just like in any country, you have a gun because you simply like guns. A farmer may need a gun to control vermin, same as a gamekeeper, that's about it. Everyone has a gun for leisure.

What you guys need to talk about is responsibilities. Whichever founding father bolted on the 2nd amendment fucking screwed your country up. Gun nuts ever since.

But that's where you guys are at. You need guns because you have too many nut jobs with guns. So you have to protect yourself from guns. What a dreadful state of affairs.

But at least you're free (whatever that means)

You know, it's kind of funny when you say we are full of fallacies on the UK.
Seriously ... The UK doesn't tend to come up in conversations at all ... It's kind of like we don't care what you do.

You know ... The fighting part in our Revolution all started when you sorry bastards were on your way to Concord to confiscate guns and ammo.
You Brits never learn ... :thup:

That's why, one American guy pedals a fallacy and the sheep follow.

You need to go back to school and learn about American independence. If you took the time to learn at school, it was about trade and taxation, guns were never mentioned. And as Americans were getting beat, the French stepped in to help you guys. How do I know? When I was in Paris, I took a photo of a French general statue and read up on him when I got home. So stop lying you slimy weasel. You surely can't be that thick over your own history.

IMG_20190727_134554.jpgIMG_20190727_134604.jpg

That's why, one American guy pedals a fallacy and the sheep follow.

You need to go back to school and learn about American independence. If you took the time to learn at school, it was about trade and taxation, guns were never mentioned. And as Americans were getting beat, the French stepped in to help you guys. How do I know? When I was in Paris, I took a photo of a French general statue and read up on him when I got home. So stop lying you slimy weasel. You surely can't be that thick over your own history.

View attachment 590680View attachment 590681

You need to learn to read ... I posted that the fighting part of our Revolution started (at the North Bridge outside of Lexington for better reference)
when the British Regulars were met by the Minutemen while on their way to Concord to confiscate guns and ammo.

If you really want me to ... I can give you an account of the skirmish in detail, to include the dead,
and what the British ran into during their retreat back to Boston that day.

You need to learn to read ... I posted that the fighting part of our Revolution started (at the North Bridge outside of Lexington for better reference)
when the British Regulars were met by the Minutemen while on their way to Concord to confiscate guns and ammo.

If you really want me to ... I can give you an account of the skirmish in detail, to include the dead,
and what the British ran into during their retreat back to Boston that day.

There's no need, I'm used to all the fallacies you guys come out with to beef up your history, to sound macho, to rely on the other guy not knowing. Sorry cupcake, you've come unstuck this time.

Back to grass cutting for you clutching your holster. Get mowing boy.

There's no need, I'm used to all the fallacies you guys come out with to beef up your history, to sound macho, to rely on the other guy not knowing. Sorry cupcake, you've come unstuck this time.

Back to grass cutting for you clutching your holster. Get mowing boy.

I mean if you cannot handle the history, that's not my problem ... And I have no desire to sound macho.

I don't care if your insecure ass needs to tell yourself the moon is made of cheese.
You seem to be the person that is a bit over-emotionally attached to your views.

And ... It's the middle of winter and I don't need to mow dumbass

The op created a fallacy by stating having a gun whilst mowing the lawn
No. He created a scenario, for the sake of argument.
So... you -still- can't tell us why you think -anyone- claimed they need a gun to mow the law.
That's just what you -want- someone to have said, because you know you can manage, sometimes, to beat down a straw man.

Thank you for demonstrating you do not what a fallacy is.

That silly nitwit posted an article the other day that proved the point he was trying to make was incorrect ...
and was too stubborn to realize that reading the article before he posted it might have been a good idea.

Rights and privileges are only brought up by gun nuts because you don't have a valid arguement.
Rights, by their very nature, are a valid argument.
Having a gun for defence is a fallacy, at best.
In the US, guns are used in self-defense at least 10x more often than to commit murder.
Where's the fallacy?
Just like in any country, you have a gun because you simply like guns. A farmer may need a gun to control vermin, same as a gamekeeper, that's about it. Everyone has a gun for leisure.
A statement you cannot demonstrate to be true.
And even if you did: Rights, by their very nature, are a valid argumen
Whichever founding father bolted on the 2nd amendment fucking screwed your country up.
A statement you cannot demonstrate to be true.
And even if you did: Rights, by their very nature, are a valid argument.

It should be up to the owner of the firearm as to how they choose to carry it with them. I prefer conceal carry when I choose to carry something. Mostly I am happy I live where I seldom feel the need.

I think conceal carry is best.

Say you and your neighbor don't like each other. One day you're out mowing the lawn with your Glock 19 9mm on your hip.

Your neighbor walks up, pulls a gun and shoots you dead. He then takes a handkerchief and removes your gun from your holster and lays it next to you.

Perfect murder?

Or you could have people saying he was open carrying, I believed he was going to shoot me. And they get off because of self-defense, even though the conflict was 100% their fault.

A third problem happens when suicidal kooks who want to die come up to you and threaten you, hoping you'll use your open carry gun to shoot them dead.

When you conceal carry, you avoid all these problems. Others can't see that you're armed.

I think you need help.

the rest of the answer?

Carry any way you want….there should be
No law as far as mandating one or the other.

No gun is always better than a hidden gun or a visible gun. Allow the burglar to take what he needs and save the lives of a wife and children.

In 99.9% of home burglaries the intention isn't to commit murder.

In Britain torture of the victims is common. The criminals know the victims can’t fight back and they know the police aren’t likely to show up…..so boiling water, hot water and beatings are common. Don’t forget the casual rape and sexual assault.

The homeowner death statistics don't bear that out. Home burglaries in Canada most often by far don't end in death.

No guns or fewer guns is always preferable to more guns from my perspective as a Canadian. I appreciate that most Americans don't agree. My relatives living in America don't all agree with me either, but some do.

Yor social welfare state hasn’t reached the point of creating fatherless homes….fatherless boys become the sociopaths who commit violent crimes.

In the U.S., our Great Society welfare plan destroyed inner city families and now we have generations of young males raised in single mother homes…..these boys are the ones committing almost all of our violence……left wing policies in Canada are creating that same situation

Yor social welfare state hasn’t reached the point of creating fatherless homes….fatherless boys become the sociopaths who commit violent crimes.
We do have lots of fatherless homes too, but our government provides for those mothers and children in ways that you would know aren't available in America. You've analzyed the difference correctly by mentioning social welfare.
In the U.S., our Great Society welfare plan destroyed inner city families and now we have generations of young males raised in single mother homes….
I can't disagree on that. You've being very honest and frank about the issue.
.these boys are the ones committing almost all of our violence……
Those children would certainly be responsible for a large part of the violence.
left wing policies in Canada are creating that same situation
On that I have to disagree. Canada's similar problem is growing as is the problem in many countries. But you can't say that lack of social policies in America has caused the problems you're referring to and then say that social welfare in Canada has caused the same problems. That's a direct contradiction, in that social welfare is a leftist ideology. Or at least more leftist.

You're being completely honest about the situation in America and that's appreciated.

Do you now want to tie this into the gun debate and suggest that it has something to do with the number of shootings and hence, a need for more good guys with guns. I think we might be able to find some common ground on some issues related to America's guns.

Be aware that you'll be talking to somebody who has extensive knowledge on the topics related to guns.

Forum List

Back