Open carry versus concealed carry

One of the biggest problems with concealed carry in warmer states like Florida is a handgun, especially a full sized weapon, is hard to conceal under lighter clothes.
So rather than carrying a 1911 .45 auto I end up carrying a .38+P snub nosed revolver.
XD40 sub-compact for summer
XDM-10 under a coat.

Open carry is really only viable in rural environments, which is fine. CC is better in suburban/urban environments for many reasons.

Also for the record, friends don't let friends drive Glock.😎

Yeah, that's a good point.

I do see people open carry in towns and cities from time to time.

I've always thought it dangerous.

Get a conceal carry permit and go to town.

So... no, you -can't- tell us why you think -anyone- claimed they need a gun to mow the law.
The op created a fallacy by stating having a gun whilst mowing the lawn. In the same way, you state you need guns for self defence, another fallacy.

You run about with guns for one reason - You like guns.

I think conceal carry is best.
True – but not for the ridiculous reasons you note.

Concealed carry is best because in the event of an active shooter, others won’t expect you to ‘do something.’

One carries concealed for self-defense, not to ‘deter’ crime or ‘neutralize’ an active shooter.

In such an event conceal carry allows you to seek out safety with others.

The op created a fallacy by stating having a gun whilst mowing the lawn. In the same way, you state you need guns for self defence, another fallacy.

You run about with guns for one reason - You like guns.

We like forks too ... A lot less messy on the fingers ... :thup:
Of Course, you can get by not using them if you're eating fried chicken.

We like forks too ... A lot less messy on the fingers ... :thup:
Of Course, you can get by not using them if you're eating fried chicken.

Everytime a gun nut comes up with a scenario on the need for a gun, or a gun concealed or open carry, it's always a fallacy. Just on this occasion, M14 confirmed this, yet they feel still lofty.

Everytime a gun nut comes up with a scenario on the need for a gun, or a gun concealed or open carry, it's always a fallacy. Just on this occasion, M14 confirmed this, yet they feel still lofty.

Pfft ... The truth of the matter is that the powers that be will never relinquish their access to firearms.
And because of that ... It really doesn't matter.

They could make it so only law enforcement officers can own firearms ...
And the next day I would be a Reserve Deputy for the Sheriff's Department.

I might actually have to do a patrol at some point.
Then I could cruise the interstate looking for people using those crossovers marked "Authorized Vehicles Only".
Pull up behind them, turn the lights on, and say over the loudspeaker ... "You are now Authorized, go on and get out of here".

Pfft ... The truth of the matter is that the powers that be will never relinquish their access to firearms.
And because of that ... It really doesn't matter.

They could make it so only law enforcement officers can own firearms ...
And the next day I would be a Reserve Deputy for the Sheriff's Department.

I might actually have to do a patrol at some point.
Then I could cruise the interstate looking for people using those crossovers marked "Authorized Vehicles Only".
Pull up behind them, turn the lights on, and say over the loudspeaker ... "You are now Authorized, go on and get out of here".

Here's a video, I know you won't watch it, but on the off chance you do, did you realise that Brits own these guns.

Yes, Uzi's are legal. If you pass the back ground check and part of a gun club, you can own an Uzi.

Here's a video, I know you won't watch it, but on the off chance you do, did you realise that Brits own these guns.

Yes, Uzi's are legal. If you pass the back ground check and part of a gun club, you can own an Uzi.

It explains the difference between a Privilege and a Right.
Other than that ... I don't particularly care what Rights or Privileges the Brits have.

Not trying to be offensive ... It was kind of a polite "So What".

It explains the difference between a Privilege and a Right.
Other than that ... I don't particularly care what Rights or Privileges the Brits have.

Not trying to be offensive ... It was kind of a polite "So What".

Try again, try and watch it. After that, think about your gun posts.

Yeah if the cops decide you have a NEED for it, don't object to you having it and if you keep it locked up at the club. You don't have rights; you have privileges that her majesties' government can revoke at will.
You might remember that little unpleasantness between 1939 and 1945 when the Local Defense Volunteers were armed with PIKES and a few double-barreled shotguns because your government didn't allow you weapons to defend it and yourself. Private American citizens had to send gifts of our privately owned firearms so you could defend your country against Operation Sealion.

Yeah if the cops decide you have a NEED for it, don't object to you having it and if you keep it locked up at the club. You don't have rights; you have privileges that her majesties' government can revoke at will.
You might remember that little unpleasantness between 1939 and 1945 when the Local Defense Volunteers were armed with PIKES and a few double-barreled shotguns because your government didn't allow you weapons to defend it and yourself. Private American citizens had to send gifts of our privately owned firearms so you could defend your country against Operation Sealion.
Did you watch the video.

Try again, try and watch it. After that, think about your gun posts.

I don't need to watch it again ... It talks about all things the government allows the Brits to have.

I am not scared to death of firearms ... It's not that freaking hard to respect them.
My government trusted me enough to put some pretty freaking awesome firearms in my hands and trained me how to use them.
They know what I own and what I can do with them.

Plus ... It's a Right not a Privilege here.

I don't need to watch it again ... It talks about all things the government allows the Brits to have.

I am not scared to death of firearms ... It's not that freaking hard to respect them.
My government trusted me enough to put some pretty freaking awesome firearms in my hands and trained me how to use them.
They know what I own and what I can do with them.

Plus ... It's a Right not a Privilege here.

You didn't watch it, American gun nuts won't.

If your background and reason checks out, your licence application is accepted. If you watch the video, you will be surprised at what guns the UK public own.

But there's a difference. You guys are rights mad and kill more in one day than the UK kills in a year, yet, look at the guns we own. There's a big difference between America and the UK on guns, you exercise a right to guns, Brits exercise responsibility towards guns.

And you feel you are free because you have a right to a gun, but you don't have the right to a cross a road where you want to. You need to talk less and think more.

You didn't watch it, American gun nuts won't.

If your background and reason checks out, your licence application is accepted. If you watch the video, you will be surprised at what guns the UK public own.

But there's a difference. You guys are rights mad and kill more in one day than the UK kills in a year, yet, look at the guns we own. There's a big difference between America and the UK on guns, you exercise a right to guns, Brits exercise responsibility towards guns.

And you feel you are free because you have a right to a gun, but you don't have the right to a cross a road where you want to. You need to talk less and think more.

We aren't asking for permission ... :thup:

There is no Federal statute that restricts the age of an individual in regard to who can possess and carry a longarm and ammunition.
Do you know why ... Because In America, you are Born With That Right.

We aren't asking for permission ... :thup:

There is no Federal statute that restricts the age of an individual in regard to who can possess and carry a longarm and ammunition.
Do you know why ... Because In America, you are Born With That Right.

And you can't cross a road. How about asking your leaders for that right.

Road crossing regulations. Embarrassing.

For goodness sakes, you are having trouble crossing the damn road ... That would be kind of embarrassing.
Seems as though y'all cannot do much of anything without getting permission.

Try not to wander too far away from your Nanny or you may forget to breathe ... :thup:

Forum List

Back