Open carry versus concealed carry

I might award the #1 place back to you. 2A is quite out of the question as I suspect he has some mental illness problems to deal with.
Beware of up and coming gungoons!
You'll have to compete with this one's preference to not carrying his gun only in the shower! That's dedication to the cause!!
Thank you for proving me correct. As usual.

Didn't you tell us all that you're an expert on this topic? Apparently you're not even close and you don't even know how to use the google. According to the FBI, in 2019 the firearms rate was 72.3 percent of murders by firearms. Just in case it's not clear, 72.3 is less than 91. So with our fairly wide open access to guns and ammunition, compared to El Salvador with very tightly controlled access and adherence to the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, fewer of our murders are with guns. Gun laws only apply to the law-abiding, whether in the United States or in El Salvador.
Now you have a % for us. And now you can try to find the number the % represents.

Can you answer the question 14Shooter couldn't answer? If the number of guns isn't the reason for Canada's much lower gun murder stats, then what is the reason?

If you can answer that then all bets are off on 14Shooter ever taking your place at #1.
As he would say, he's tucked tail and ran away from that question!
By the way, if I were to get murdered, I'd prefer to be shot in the head than to be beaten to death, poisoned, electrocuted, drowned, injected with drugs, burned to death, strangled, asphyxiated, hacked to death, or blown up. Rather than tortured or murdered by a slow way, I'd rather go fast and painless.
Hopefully the killer you're contemplating will take your preference into consideration?

I did a study on the gun violence that was rampant in the late 1980's, using actual case histories. My findings were that gun violence was not a problem for the general population. Neither is it today. It's a liberal/media thing.

I did a study on the gun violence that was rampant in the late 1980's, using actual case histories. My findings were that gun violence was not a problem for the general population. Neither is it today. It's a liberal/media thing.
You've failed to answer the question and that places you no better than 14Shooter.
And fwiw, you're also failing to answer the question on the % of what?

Can you answer the question 14Shooter couldn't answer? If the number of guns isn't the reason for Canada's much lower gun murder stats, then what is the reason
^^^^^
This is how someone who knows they cannot prove their claim tries instead to get someone to disprove it.
When you call him on it, you'll get told you had your chance, and then he'll tuck his tail and run away.
As always.

You can't start an argument about such an important issue without defining the topic. What is the legal definition of "open carry" and what is the legal definition of "concealed". Is a handgun in the glove compartment defined as open carry or is it concealed? What about the environment? A rancher with a gun on his hip vs a rancher with a gun in his pocket? How about a hunter with a handgun as well as a rifle. Is he violating the law because the handgun is in his pocket? The laws vary from state to state.

You've failed to answer the question and that places you no better than 14Shooter.
And fwiw, you're also failing to answer the question on the % of what?
This is interesting, and shows that gun violence must be studied very carefully. Wrong conclusions can result from cursory perusal of statistics.

Now you have a % for us. And now you can try to find the number the % represents.

Can you answer the question 14Shooter couldn't answer? If the number of guns isn't the reason for Canada's much lower gun murder stats, then what is the reason?

If you can answer that then all bets are off on 14Shooter ever taking your place at #1.
As he would say, he's tucked tail and ran away from that question!

Hopefully the killer you're contemplating will take your preference into consideration?

Do you really think I want, care about, or need your confirmation of my views? You really are an idiot. You still fail completely in demonstrating any of this superior knowledge you claim to hold on the topic of guns.

I'm not playing your game, running down your little research assignments. I did one because it was to back up the point I made about El Salvador's 91%. You take that for what it's worth to you. But if there's other points you think you want me to know, you do your own research and make any point, supported by links and data, and post it.

You can't start an argument about such an important issue without defining the topic. What is the legal definition of "open carry" and what is the legal definition of "concealed". Is a handgun in the glove compartment defined as open carry or is it concealed? What about the environment? A rancher with a gun on his hip vs a rancher with a gun in his pocket? How about a hunter with a handgun as well as a rifle. Is he violating the law because the handgun is in his pocket? The laws vary from state to state.
The terms are legally defined in all 50 states. They're likely all very similar, written by the same brain trusts. But if you want to do the google searches and post the definitions, feel free. Otherwise, everyone on both sides pretty much knows the practical difference between open carry and concealed carry.

Do you really think I want, care about, or need your confirmation of my views? You really are an idiot. You still fail completely in demonstrating any of this superior knowledge you claim to hold on the topic of guns.

I'm not playing your game, running down your little research assignments. I did one because it was to back up the point I made about El Salvador's 91%. You take that for what it's worth to you. But if there's other points you think you want me to know, you do your own research and make any point, supported by links and data, and post it.
Then I asked you what the 91% represented and what it represented in America.

For example, 91% of 100 is 91, while 91% of the thousands of shooting in the US in a year = ??

You introduced the 91%, you can bury it now if you like. I never did see any reason why it would be important.

The homeowner death statistics don't bear that out. Home burglaries in Canada most often by far don't end in death.
My point is that murder only occurs when the resident is at home at the time of the burglary.

My point is that murder only occurs when the resident is at home at the time of the burglary.
And tries to prevent the burglary with a gun?
In Canada the gun is missing and mostly because hardly anybody own handguns and the other guns are locked away in a safe place.

And tries to prevent the burglary with a gun?
In Canada the gun is missing and mostly because hardly anybody own handguns and the other guns are locked away in a safe place.
I was actually talking about America, not Canada. Your burglars are clearly nicer than ours.

I was actually talking about America, not Canada. Your burglars are clearly nicer than ours.
I was aware of you talking about America. No, our burglar's aren't nicer. They may be fewer but the important difference is that Canadians are less likely to start a gunfight with a burglar and so there are less murdered homeowners.

I'm afraid that's completely contrary to US pro-gun logic.

I was aware of you talking about America. No, our burglar's aren't nicer. They may be fewer but the important difference is that Canadians are less likely to start a gunfight with a burglar and so there are less murdered homeowners.
This can only be true if you can demonstrate your claim...
...the important difference is that Canadians are less likely to start a gunfight with a burglar and so there are less murdered homeowners....
...to be true.
And you know you cannot.
So much for that.

You missed my point. Burglars kill homeowners because they don't want to be identified, or because they intended to kill them, not because the homeowner starts a gunfight. Many young hoodlems use robbery as a means to kill someone. The robbery is secondary.

Forum List

Back