Open carry versus concealed carry

No gun is always better than a hidden gun or a visible gun. Allow the burglar to take what he needs and save the lives of a wife and children.

In 99.9% of home burglaries the intention isn't to commit murder.
You must be a career criminal…

Out in the country you have to own some type of firearm because of the chances of wild animals or a intruder and the Police are not right around the corner either and it could be hours to days before you get help, so live in reality please!

You must be a career criminal…

Out in the country you have to own some type of firearm because of the chances of wild animals or a intruder and the Police are not right around the corner either and it could be hours to days before you get help, so live in reality please!
It happens that I do live out in the country where there are cougars and bears and haven't needed a gun for over 20 years. That's not saying that I either own a gun or don't own one. I live on Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada where we have more bears than any other place in the world. Maybe cougars too!

But lets try to stay with the topic of guns being used as protection against burglars.

I think conceal carry is best.

Say you and your neighbor don't like each other. One day you're out mowing the lawn with your Glock 19 9mm on your hip.

Your neighbor walks up, pulls a gun and shoots you dead. He then takes a handkerchief and removes your gun from your holster and lays it next to you.

Perfect murder?

Or you could have people saying he was open carrying, I believed he was going to shoot me. And they get off because of self-defense, even though the conflict was 100% their fault.

A third problem happens when suicidal kooks who want to die come up to you and threaten you, hoping you'll use your open carry gun to shoot them dead.

When you conceal carry, you avoid all these problems. Others can't see that you're armed.

It's a fucking alternative world over in America that you have to carry a gun to cut your grass.

It's a fucking alternative world over in America that you have to carry a gun to cut your grass.
I don't recall seeing anyone claim they -had- to carry a gun while mowing grass.
I -do- recall someone supposing, for the sake of argument, they -did- carry one, but that's not the same thing.

Maybe you made that up because you know can't meaningfully contribute anything to the topic?

It happens that I do live out in the country where there are cougars and bears and haven't needed a gun for over 20 years. That's not saying that I either own a gun or don't own one. I live on Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada where we have more bears than any other place in the world. Maybe cougars too!

But lets try to stay with the topic of guns being used as protection against burglars.

The op's topic is actually conceal vs open carry.

The op's topic is actually conceal vs open carry.
I don't think anybody is going to limit a gun topic, but if or when they do, I'll be happy to abide by the rules. Could that ever work on a gun toppic?

I don't imagine that any minds will be changed by something I say but I think a contribution from a Canadian is as useful as anything. Especially considering how Canadians are as well versed as any on the legitimate use of guns.

I don't think anybody is going to limit a gun topic, but if or when they do, I'll be happy to abide by the rules. Could that ever work on a gun toppic?

I don't imagine that any minds will be changed by something I say but I think a contribution from a Canadian is as useful as anything. Especially considering how Canadians are as well versed as any on the legitimate use of guns.

I never mind when a thread meanders some. It was you that suggested we stay on topic, but got the topic wrong.

I don't recall seeing anyone claim they -had- to carry a gun while mowing grass.
I -do- recall someone supposing, for the sake of argument, they -did- carry one, but that's not the same thing.

Maybe you made that up because you know can't meaningfully contribute anything to the topic?
Do you get sexual gratification trolling posters?

Now that you made yourself feel better - can you tell us why you think -anyone- claimed they need a gun to mow the lawn?
Do you get sexual gratification trolling posters?

No matter where I go, as soon as it's a gun issue, you are there trolling. Whether you're sitting at you laptop with your trolley's around your ankles, your house your choice, there's no need to troll me. So be off with you.

No matter where I go, as soon as it's a gun issue, you are there trolling. Whether you're sitting at you laptop with your trolley's around your ankles, your house your choice, there's no need to troll me. So be off with you.
This is an overly long-winded way to admit you cannot meaningfully defend your positions from my criticisms or present a sound rebuttal to mine, but it is good to see you've progressed to the point where such an admission is possible.
Well done. :clap:

Say you and your neighbor don't like each other. One day you're out mowing the lawn with your Glock 19 9mm on your hip.

Your neighbor walks up, pulls a gun and shoots you dead. He then takes a handkerchief and removes your gun from your holster and lays it next to you.

Perfect murder?

Or you could have people saying he was open carrying, I believed he was going to shoot me. And they get off because of self-defense, even though the conflict was 100% their fault.

A third problem happens when suicidal kooks who want to die come up to you and threaten you, hoping you'll use your open carry gun to shoot them dead.

When you conceal carry, you avoid all these problems. Others can't see that you're armed.

So, the main critic of reliable news sources spends his spare time thinking up the most ridiculous scenarios possible? Are you smoking hemp again??

Perfect murder?

Proper tactical training and situation awareness are far superior to an abundance of laws that try to save you.
What others think is their problem until they absolutely insist on making it yours to take care of.

Forum List

Back