Open carry versus concealed carry

It's a fucking alternative world over in America that you have to carry a gun to cut your grass.

Uh yeah ... We have shit like bears, wild hogs, alligators, poisonous snakes, mountain lions and pumas.
Shot a wild hog while mowing the yard last season and three in the yard since then.

We have American tourists, Labourites, Welsh, Scottish and hedgehogs. Beat that.

There's probably enough room for them in my yard too ... Bring your own booze ... :thup:
(There's actually a Posted sign on the gate out by the main road and wouldn't suggest just showing up)

There's probably enough room for them in my yard too ... Bring your own booze ... :thup:
(There's actually a Posted sign on the gate out by the main road and wouldn't suggest just showing up)

You are welcome to the Welsh and Scottish. The more the better. Don't forget to bring sheep for the Welsh and teeth for the Scottish.

Another big problem, as I see it, is someone without a gun approaching you.

There might be dozens of people around, so you pay this one guy no mind.

He manhandles you and takes your gun away. And he runs off with it.

It happens to police from time to time, when criminals grab their guns away from the cops, so it could easily happen to a civilian too.

How about Otis Mayfield , you all try to get sensible with guns and have them locked away. Then when you go target practicing at the range, or hunting in the forest, or clay pigeon shooting, you take them with you, then lock them up when you get home.

Do you think that's possible. Most countries can do it, do you think Americans have the brain capacity to do that too?

It happens to police from time to time, when criminals grab their guns away from the cops, so it could easily happen to a civilian too.

Oh please ... Where do you live man?
Sounds like a Progressive shithole.

Around here we give the Sheriff's Department a hard time about having to use their shiny Urban Combat Vehicle
and call the SWAT team to round up someone's cows.

This is an overly long-winded way to admit you cannot meaningfully defend your positions from my criticisms or present a sound rebuttal to mine, but it is good to see you've progressed to the point where such an admission is possible.
Well done. :clap:
Did you know that with guns, the problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence. You're very confident with the gun issue.

How about Otis Mayfield , you all try to get sensible with guns and have them locked away. Then when you go target practicing at the range, or hunting in the forest, or clay pigeon shooting, you take them with you, then lock them up when you get home.

Do you think that's possible. Most countries can do it, do you think Americans have the brain capacity to do that too?

I am guessing you don't live in a place where firearms are very useful.
Where I live ... It's just another tool hanging on the wall and ready to use.

What you are saying would be like parking your truck in town and deciding to walk home.
Doesn't really make much sense at all.

Last edited:
This describes the vast, vast majority of gun owners in the US.
But, you're too overwhelmed by your anger and hatred for those whose criticism you cannot rebut and positions you cannot attack to see things as they are - instead, you see them as you need them to be for your statements to have any meaning.

....America is a dangerous gun culture, full of inhabitants that can't handle guns.
And thus, another example of your inability to see things as they are and how you, instead, see them as you need them to be for your statements to have any meaning.
You cannot demonstrate your statement to be true - and you don't care.

Does this happen often where you live?

It's hard to conceal carry my AR pistol.
One of the biggest problems with concealed carry in warmer states like Florida is a handgun, especially a full sized weapon, is hard to conceal under lighter clothes.

So rather than carrying a 1911 .45 auto I end up carrying a .38+P snub nosed revolver.

The reasons why Americans are afraid to mow the lawn without a gun.
The yard gun is different from the grocery store gun, the car gun, the toilet gun, the pillow gun, and the local bar gun or the work gun.

The reasons why Americans are afraid to mow the lawn without a gun.
The yard gun is different from the grocery store gun, the car gun, the toilet gun, the pillow gun, and the local bar gun or the work gun.

Well shit ... If you are going to break it down like that, you need to categorize your yard guns.
There's the porch gun, the deck gun, the too lazy to get a flyswatter gun, the never liked that rose bush anyway gun,
the way too many sweet gum balls on that tree gun, the oops it's still dove season gun ... And so on.

That isn't even couniting the take the screen off the back window, sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee, deer rifle.

Last edited:
Open carry is really only viable in rural environments, which is fine. CC is better in suburban/urban environments for many reasons.

Also for the record, friends don't let friends drive Glock.😎

Your neighbor walks up, pulls a gun and shoots you dead. He then takes a handkerchief and removes your gun from your holster and lays it next to you.

Call for Angela Lansbury!

Jessica.Fletcher.phone.jpg

Forum List

Back