Open carry versus concealed carry

In Britain torture of the victims is common. The criminals know the victims can’t fight back and they know the police aren’t likely to show up…..so boiling water, hot water and beatings are common.
I don't know any specifics on what sort of torture is happening in Britain but I suspect that could be happening.
Don’t forget the casual rape and sexual assault.
I'm not really sure what you are suggesting is happening in Britain concerning rape frequency or comparable brutality. I 'do' know that rape is a crime of violence against women.

We do have lots of fatherless homes too, but our government provides for those mothers and children in ways that you would know aren't available in America. You've analzyed the difference correctly by mentioning social welfare.

I can't disagree on that. You've being very honest and frank about the issue.

Those children would certainly be responsible for a large part of the violence.

On that I have to disagree. Canada's similar problem is growing as is the problem in many countries. But you can't say that lack of social policies in America has caused the problems you're referring to and then say that social welfare in Canada has caused the same problems. That's a direct contradiction, in that social welfare is a leftist ideology. Or at least more leftist.

You're being completely honest about the situation in America and that's appreciated.

Do you now want to tie this into the gun debate and suggest that it has something to do with the number of shootings and hence, a need for more good guys with guns. I think we might be able to find some common ground on some issues related to America's guns.

Be aware that you'll be talking to somebody who has extensive knowledge on the topics related to guns.

It isn't the money, you idiot....it is absent fathers......they create the breeding ground for gang members and other criminals, and the daughters who get pregnant at 15.......

1. Its a joke.
2. To make a Glock a pistol comparable to a Sig, Walther, etc. you have to rebuild it. Replace the sights, get a trigger job, etc. Its not Springfield bad but there are better options.

1. Why is Glock "a joke"? They're used worldwide by police and military, including tons of elite units, not to mention millions of civilians.
2. Comparable how? Reliability? Functionality?

I'm not trying to be combative, just honestly curious. I've owned and shot Glocks for 25+ years, as well as other makes, and unless you're just fundamentally against the brand for some personal reason (totally your right to be, btw), I don't see the problem.

1. Why is Glock "a joke"? They're used worldwide by police and military, including tons of elite units, not to mention millions of civilians.
Not Glocks are a joke, that it was a joke. Humor. :)
Interestingly was watching a video on not French forces squad TOEs, and it includes HKs, Glocks, and a genuine modern version of a knee mortar. Interesting.
2. Comparable how? Reliability? Functionality?
Accuracy delivered via better sights and trigger pull. Glocks are generally reasonably reliable, but they are late to the game on recent innovations.
I'm not trying to be combative, just honestly curious. I've owned and shot Glocks for 25+ years, as well as other makes, and unless you're just fundamentally against the brand for some personal reason (totally your right to be, btw), I don't see the problem.
No I don't have anything against Glocks. I just don't let friends drive them. ; P

It isn't the money, you idiot....it is absent fathers......they create the breeding ground for gang members and other criminals, and the daughters who get pregnant at 15.......
You're wrong if you think I disagree with that. Of course it's the absent fathers mostly. But I would suggest that spins off to lack of resources too. Do you think that's idiotic or do you think it's a rational conclusion?

You've initiated a very worthwhile discussion and so now I'm wondering if we have anyone else agreeing with the premises you've raised?

I would suggest there's lots of room to tie this into the gun issue.

If you're open carrying while mowing your lawn.

Your gun is in the holster.

Your neighbor sneaks up to you and shoots you dead.

He'll claim self-defense to the cops when the cops arrive, saying you were in the process of pulling your gun, which is a lie.

As long as there are no witnesses or cameras, I bet your neighbor will get off Scott free.

Even if your neighbor shoots you and leaves you a paraplegic, it would simply be your word against his. Your neighbor would get off Scott free.

Gun related topics are much more extensive than you would appreciate. The topic isn't to physical properties of guns, and types of guns best suited to the job.

I think that 2A has raised some good points that can relate to guns and the frequency of gun violence. Why not calm down and join in the discussion? It might not hurt to add your input to what is said between us.

If you're open carrying while mowing your lawn.

Your gun is in the holster.

Your neighbor sneaks up to you and shoots you dead.

He'll claim self-defense to the cops when the cops arrive, saying you were in the process of pulling your gun, which is a lie.

As long as there are no witnesses or cameras, I bet your neighbor will get off Scott free.

Even if your neighbor shoots you and leaves you a paraplegic, it would simply be your word against his. Your neighbor would get off Scott free.
Excellent point! You're saying precisely that the bad guy is enabled by a good guy with a gun. Enabled to commit murder in some cases and get away with it!

And so now, let's take it to the next level to determine if that is or has happened.

Not Glocks are a joke, that it was a joke. Humor. :)
Interestingly was watching a video on not French forces squad TOEs, and it includes HKs, Glocks, and a genuine modern version of a knee mortar. Interesting.

Accuracy delivered via better sights and trigger pull. Glocks are generally reasonably reliable, but they are late to the game on recent innovations.

No I don't have anything against Glocks. I just don't let friends drive them. ; P

Thanks for giving me a real answer.

I've run into a few old timers who hate on Glocks because "plastic guns aren't real guns" and they "have no safety".

Also, Glocks aren't expensive. This is expensive.
Alien-pistol-11-670x446.jpg

Had an M class shooter with one at a falling steel match a few month's back. so nice.

Last edited:
Glocks are very expensive.

A bad value.

But not bad guns, if you have the money to throw away.

Expensive compared to what? I just purchased a Glock 43, and the price was about the same as comparable guns from S&W, Ruger, Sig, etc.

Don't buy into the Hollywood bullshit that Glocks are made of porcelain or some shit like that, don't show up in metal detectors, and cost a fortune.

Expensive compared to what? I just purchased a Glock 43, and the price was about the same as comparable guns from S&W, Ruger, Sig, etc.

Don't buy into the Hollywood bullshit that Glocks are made of porcelain or some shit like that, don't show up in metal detectors, and cost a fortune.

You can tell me you bought your glock for $200, and I'd believe it. There are great deals out there.

Normally, you'd pay $500 for a glock, and about $380 for a Ruger or a S&W. Similar models.

Plus you'll have to buy mods for your glock to get it work like you want that come standard with the S&W.

My experience.

Your glock will shoot when you pull the trigger and that's all that's required.

Gun related topics are much more extensive than you would appreciate. The topic isn't to physical properties of guns, and types of guns best suited to the job.
I am -fully- appreciate of how broad and deep the gun issue is.
I also-fully- appreciative of the fact you have no intention of discussing the issue beyond the point where your position is effectively challenged, you are challenged to support your claims with something other than your opinion, and/or you are not allowed to take the conversation past a point you know you cannot defend.

If you think you are able to prove me wrong with regard to the above, then say so, and then I'll be happy to join your 'discussion'.

Last edited:
Excellent point! You're saying precisely that the bad guy is enabled by a good guy with a gun. Enabled to commit murder in some cases and get away with it!
Absolute nonsense.
There's no necessary relationship between the posession and use of firearms by the "good guys" and the possession and misuse of firerams by the "bad guys".
That is, the fact I have a gun in no way enables someone else to commit murder with a gun.

Forum List

Back