One Hit Wonders

On Hit Wonders are often considered to be something like this:

It was his only #1 hit but he's made an amazing living out of it with all sorts of stuff to include his massively popular restaurant in Vegas.

I have no idea how he's done outside of the USA

See, I disagree that Buffett is a "one hit wonder" simply because he only had one #1. He has a huge fan base and a string of songs that were popular but not #1. If you are going by the #1 standard, there are some very popular groups and artists who are NO hit wonders. Some of the most popular songs you know were never #1.

What about Cheeseburger in Paradise? I thought that was also a hit by Mr. Jimmy Buffett??

So was 'Come Monday', 'Volcano', 'Fins', etc.

Not familiar with those (that I know of), but I do know Cheeseburger in Paradise. I think everyone knows that song!

Not familiar with those (that I know of), but I do know Cheeseburger in Paradise. I think everyone knows that song!

You know "Come Monday" ...it'll be alright, come Monday, I'll be holding you tight... I spent 4 lonely days in a brown LA haze and I just want you back by my side...

Oh yeah, I've heard that one before. Not often enough that I would have remembered it though.

Only Top 40 hit!

Grateful Dead- Touch of Grey

That's a great Grateful Dead song and video. Here's an image that could be titled dancing Grateful Dead (or grateful dancing dead)

2016-02-04_07-06-28.jpg

Here is a great one hit wonder. I LOVE this song so much. :) It's gorgeous, and I included a little bit of information about it too. You're welcome! :D

"Maria Maria" is a song by Santana featuring The Product G&B.[1] It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100on April 8, 2000, and stayed there for ten weeks.[2] At the 2000 Grammy Awards, the song won the Grammy for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal. Despite other lead singers from the album receiving awards, The Product G&B did not receive a Grammy.[3] Marc Anthony also sang on a version of the song.

In 2008, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Hot 100 chart, Billboard compiled its list of the top 100 songs since the inception of the chart in various categories. "Maria Maria" came in at No. 96 on the list of the Billboard All-Time Hot 100 Top Songs,[4] and No. 2 on the list of Top Billboard Hot 100 Latin Songs of All Time.[5] Later, it was named the 14th most successful song from 2000 to 2009, on the Billboard Hot 100 Songs of the Decade.[6]

Carlos Santana has collaborated with Chef Roberto Santibañez to open five restaurants named Maria Maria, after the song. The majority are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, other locations include Arizona and Texas.

I think Carlos Santana has had several hit songs. Evil Ways? Black Magic Woman? Oye Como Va? I know most of what he does is collaborative with other artists... so, maybe, technically? lol

My favorite was his collaboration with Rob Thomas, Smooth.

I think Carlos Santana has had several hit songs. Evil Ways? Black Magic Woman? Oye Como Va? I know most of what he does is collaborative with other artists... so, maybe, technically? lol

Not Santana, the Product G are the one-hit wonders there. That is their only hit song. ;) I love Carlos Santana. I know he is NOT a one-hit wonder. Lol.

Not Santana, the Product G are the one-hit wonders there. That is their only hit song. ;) I love Carlos Santana. I know he is NOT a one-hit wonder. Lol.

Ahh... Okay, got it. But is it a Santana song featuring Product G?

Ahh... Okay, got it. But is it a Santana song featuring Product G?

You are TOO nit-picky!

Forum List

Back