One Hit Wonders

Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches! Peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown. If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches every day!

Sounds like they were inspired by John Prine's Spanish Pipedream.
Blow up your T.V. throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own

LOVE ME SOME JOHN PRINE!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT]

Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches! Peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown. If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches every day! :)

Actually here is their biggest hit I believe.

What about if they are like a "one-album hit wonder?" :D There were some good bands in the 90s and 2000s that made an album and then seemed to kind of just disappear. I liked these guys a lot, but these are the only two "hits" that they had as far as I know.

I think we're now getting into what defines a "hit" and what constitutes a "one hit wonder."

Lisa Loeb was mentioned earlier... she had one song that hit #1 in the US but several that peaked fairly high and reached #1 in Canada. I wouldn't call here a "one hit wonder" but I guess she could be if you go by #1 in the US. However, Uncle Kracker.... was anything he did ever #1? Or several others mentioned here? Sure, they had popular songs... were they hits? Arguably they were... but really... what makes a "one hit wonder" and how do you rectify it with artists such as the aforementioned John Prine, Townes Van Zandt or Gram Parsons... or even the Grateful Dead? Some of the greatest songwriters of all time never had a hit song.

People can generally only speak to what takes place in their own country or their own neck of the woods. There are many that have huge hits in Britain that hardly chart over here. See Suzi Quatro.

Forum List

Back