Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy - GOP Lt Gov

.......a lot of old people know they are in the twilight years and they are going to die soon
So then you agree with the lieutenant governor of Texas. Is that what you’re saying?

The problem is the choice betwixt liberty and safety in not in the hands of the public

~S~

unnamed.jpg

I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country, like me, I have six grandchildren, that what we all care about and what we love more than anything are those children. And I want to live smart and see through this, but I don’t want the whole country to be sacrificed
Don't start trying to weasel out on me Deanie boy.
I was quoting directly from the article you posted.
Deal with it like a man, or woman, or whatever you identify as now. ... :cool:

Last edited:
No the numbers are not being fixed. Unless the governor of Florida is hiding the numbers or some of the other red states where the governors are keeping the public from knowing how many are actually dying.

Yes, they are...they are adding people who have died during the pandemic, that are unrelated to Covid-19. If someone dies from a natural cause during the pandemic, they would simply add that to the status. Because, since it occurred during the pandemic, it should be calculated into the "Numbers of Covid-19 deaths".

Do some research and you will see.
Actually, the way it works is that they look at the overall death spikes.

The thing with the coronavirus is that if you already have some irregular heart rhythm or something like that the coronavirus can cause you to have a heart attack and it looks exactly like a heart attack but it’s brought on by the coronavirus even though there’s an underlying cause.

You were living fine with the underlying cause until the coronavirus triggered it.
The same thing with many types of organ failure.

So if there’s a death spike with a lot of people dying and you find some people with the coronavirus, then what about the rest of the death spike? What’s killing all those other people?

Are you understanding what I’m saying?

This is why testing is so important. Even testing cadavers.

I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country, like me, I have six grandchildren, that what we all care about and what we love more than anything are those children. And I want to live smart and see through this, but I don’t want the whole country to be sacrificed
Don't start trying to weasel out on me Deanie boy.
I was quoting directly from the article you posted.
Deal with it like a man, or women, or whatever you identify as now. ... :cool:
I give up you win. You already know everything you’ll ever know in your entire life and there’s nothing you will learn beyond that.

Patrick went on Fox News on Monday evening to defend comments he made last month where he said he would rather die from the widely spreading coronavirus than see the economy destroyed for his children and grandchildren.
Deanie boy, Mr Patrick said that "He" would rather die. The man was talking about himself and not anyone else.
You really need to get a grip on reality. ... :cuckoo:

DerpsterDean get a grip on reality?:auiqs.jpg:
You should write the lieutenant governor of Texas. Not me. Unless you’re saying you agree with him. Is that what you’re saying?

Yep.
I mean it's an easy enough problem to solve. The elderly and infirm stay home. The healthy get back to work.
Thats pretty much how it worked before all this virus bullshit.

If I was 80 and my grandchildren's lives were in danger because they had no money and lost their home I'd take a bullet for em.

You liberals are such shallow thinkers.

It seems a rather bloodthirsty message to me.
What about you guys? Are you willing to sacrifice grandparents or older people if you think it will save the US economy?

You know it won’t stop with the elderly. What about a six-year-old undergoing cancer treatment?

or the obese?

Or the pre-diabetic?

Or hypertension?

do Republicans feel we should just go ahead and make it a clean sweep and start over with a healthier country?

Before you jump to conclusions about who is most vulnerable, you also have the problem of the after effects of the virus. Such as decreased lung function / long term lung damage. Which may make coronavirus patients more susceptible to other flu strains, pneumonia or other diseases in the future.

It's not always true, "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger."

I see no need for anyone to die from this virus and I ain't dying to help an economy that will be just fine even if many decide not to go out into it.

No the numbers are not being fixed. Unless the governor of Florida is hiding the numbers or some of the other red states where the governors are keeping the public from knowing how many are actually dying.

Yes, they are...they are adding people who have died during the pandemic, that are unrelated to Covid-19. If someone dies from a natural cause during the pandemic, they would simply add that to the status. Because, since it occurred during the pandemic, it should be calculated into the "Numbers of Covid-19 deaths".

Do some research and you will see.
Actually, the way it works is that they look at the overall death spikes.

The thing with the coronavirus is that if you already have some irregular heart rhythm or something like that the coronavirus can cause you to have a heart attack and it looks exactly like a heart attack but it’s brought on by the coronavirus even though there’s an underlying cause.

You were living fine with the underlying cause until the coronavirus triggered it.
The same thing with many types of organ failure.

So if there’s a death spike with a lot of people dying and you find some people with the coronavirus, then what about the rest of the death spike? What’s killing all those other people?

Are you understanding what I’m saying?

This is why testing is so important. Even testing cadavers.
...no, they were not living fine!!
...and--obesity has gotten worse from where it was decades ago---so, diseases like C19 were not going to kill as many--because of underlying conditions ...look at Japan.....their obesity is a lot less than the US's .....so C19 is less deadly than the regular flu

I mean it's an easy enough problem to solve. The elderly and infirm stay home. The healthy get back to work.

Do you mean like the way the elderly stayed locked up in their nursing homes?

How did that work out?

Patrick went on Fox News on Monday evening to defend comments he made last month where he said he would rather die from the widely spreading coronavirus than see the economy destroyed for his children and grandchildren.
Deanie boy, Mr Patrick said that "He" would rather die. The man was talking about himself and not anyone else.

You should write the lieutenant governor of Texas. Not me. Unless you’re saying you agree with him. Is that what you’re saying?

Yep.

If I was 80 and my grandchildren's lives were in danger because they had no money and lost their home I'd take a bullet for em.

So what if a couple of those grandchildren have underlying medical issues that no one’s discovered yet? Just let them die? Weed out the weak ones?

I understand your position. But me personally, I think it’s sick. But that’s just me personally.

One thing this proves that Republicans really are the party of “let them die” , that really is their healthcare plan.

I give up you win. You already know everything you’ll ever know in your entire life and there’s nothing you will learn beyond that.
I won because your argument was based on lies. ... :cool:
You mean it was based on direct quotes from the lieutenant governor of Texas.
I even provided links. Something you never do.

It seems a rather bloodthirsty message to me.
What about you guys? Are you willing to sacrifice grandparents or older people if you think it will save the US economy?

You know it won’t stop with the elderly. What about a six-year-old undergoing cancer treatment?

or the obese?

Or the pre-diabetic?

Or hypertension?

do Republicans feel we should just go ahead and make it a clean sweep and start over with a healthier country?

Before you jump to conclusions about who is most vulnerable, you also have the problem of the after effects of the virus. Such as decreased lung function / long term lung damage. Which may make coronavirus patients more susceptible to other flu strains, pneumonia or other diseases in the future.

It's not always true, "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
If polio doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?

Do you mean like the way the elderly stayed locked up in their nursing homes?

How did that work out?

You'd have to ask Cuomo about that because he was the only one dumb enough to go that route.

Yep.

So what if a couple of those grandchildren have underlying medical issues that no one’s discovered yet? Just let them die? Weed out the weak ones?

I understand your position. But me personally, I think it’s sick. But that’s just me personally.

One thing this proves that Republicans really are the party of “let them die” , that really is their healthcare plan.

So you'd rather see the destruction of the U.S. based on what if's and maybes?

Forum List

Back