Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy - GOP Lt Gov

Do you mean like the way the elderly stayed locked up in their nursing homes?

How did that work out?

You'd have to ask Cuomo about that because he was the only one dumb enough to go that route.

Maybe you should look at the statistics before saying it was a bad policy.

In New York, nursing home deaths are only 15% of coronavirus deaths.

In other states 50% of their coronavirus deaths are in nursing homes.

Which is bigger? 15% or 50%

How did that work out?

You'd have to ask Cuomo about that because he was the only one dumb enough to go that route.

The coronavirus is winding down in New York. But it’s just starting to take off in the Midwest, the deep South, and Appalachia. We’re going to see a prairie fire you couldn’t imagine over the next couple of months.

May 22nd new cases
New York - 1696
North Carolina - 1598

Note NY numbers are going down. Plus New York has twice as many people.

At this point 5800 have died in NY nursing homes.
How about you show the research and prove the 50% number with,I dont know,a link or something?
He's the one getting a rash of shit for it andI find it hard to believe the leftwing media wouldnt be all over these 50% numbers if they were true.

Read a damn newspaper.

One-Third of All U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Are Nursing Home ...
www.nytimes.com › interactive › 2020/05/09 › coronavir...

May 9, 2020 - In at least 14 states, more than half of coronavirus deaths are tied to long-term care ... Nursing home populations are at a high risk of being infected by — and ... account for more than a third of the country's pandemic fatalities.

How did that work out?

How did that work out?

The coronavirus is winding down in New York. But it’s just starting to take off in the Midwest, the deep South, and Appalachia. We’re going to see a prairie fire you couldn’t imagine over the next couple of months.

May 22nd new cases
New York - 1696
North Carolina - 1598

Note NY numbers are going down. Plus New York has twice as many people.

Just as I thought.
You have no numbers.

Republicans believe the states should run your lives, while the democrats want the federal government to do that.
I see towns in Kentucky that have almost no regulations, I see small towns all
Across red states like this, gun owning, hard working Americans.
I’m not saying republicans are doing everything good, but they are a vessel to use to deregulation.
Do you know the difference between a town and a state?

Apparently not.

Patrick, a Texas Republican, praised the president’s focus on the economy on Monday and said that it had “lifted” his heart.

——

It seems a rather bloodthirsty message to me.
What about you guys? Are you willing to sacrifice grandparents or older people if you think it will save the US economy?

You know it won’t stop with the elderly. What about a six-year-old undergoing cancer treatment?

or the obese?

Or the pre-diabetic?

Or hypertension?

do Republicans feel we should just go ahead and make it a clean sweep and start over with a healthier country?

What if it mutates and suddenly begins to affect everyone? Then what? End it showing this kind of disregard for peoples lives help or hurt politically?

Well it does appear he did say it as reported by FOX. Granted it still his opinion but it does show that the republican state is prioritizing death in favor of economics. Are we at war or something where men are fighting for their country. Instead he assumes that the elderly would sacrifice themselves for the economy. It really does counter the right to life argument. Assuming that people would sacrifice their grandparents and parents, it is barbaric.

Senilicide, well I guess it is still being practice 100 of years later by the enlightened new generation. Guess it depends on whether you believe in all for one or the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.

The US survive the great depression, we survive the great recession, we survive may pandemics. We will survive this and there is no need to have the elderly walk the plank for expediency or the lack of compassion.

At this point 5800 have died in NY nursing homes.
How about you show the research and prove the 50% number with,I dont know,a link or something?
He's the one getting a rash of shit for it andI find it hard to believe the leftwing media wouldnt be all over these 50% numbers if they were true.

Read a damn newspaper.
One-Third of All U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Are Nursing Home ...
www.nytimes.com › interactive › 2020/05/09 › coronavir...

May 9, 2020 - In at least 14 states, more than half of coronavirus deaths are tied to long-term care ... Nursing home populations are at a high risk of being infected by — and ... account for more than a third of the country's pandemic fatalities.

You've missed the whole point.
Who put the elderly covide patients into nursing when advised against it?

Republicans believe the states should run your lives, while the democrats want the federal government to do that.
I’m not saying republicans are doing everything good, but they are a vessel to use to deregulation.

Apparently not.
Do you have fcuking something to say to my post? Take you halftruths and shove them libertarian,, you guys can never accept reality.

Just as I thought.
You have no numbers.
That's the second time you made a claim, where I answered in the next post.

If you can tell time you hadnt answered the question.
So tell me. Why is Cuomo the only one catching a rash of shit for placing covide patients INTO old folks homes.

You missed that New Yorks percentage of nursing home coronavirus deaths vs total deaths, is 1/3rd the rest of the country.

Apparently not.
Do you have fcuking something to say to my post? Take you halftruths and shove them libertarian,, you guys can never accept reality.
s

You tried to comment on my post about state vs federal, by changing the subject to TOWNS.

Apparently not.
s

You tried to comment on my post about state vs federal, by changing the subject to TOWNS.
Yes these towns are in red states.. The problem with you libertarians is you think too much and you are absolutely clueless on what you’re thinking about, and you expect us all to believe what you have to say is actually legit. Lol

So tell me. Why is Cuomo the only one catching a rash of shit for placing covide patients INTO old folks homes.

Because Trump thinks they may draft him for the democratic primary over Biden. And Trump knows that Cuomo's daily coronavirus briefs has twice the respect that his does.

Cuomo would be an unstoppable candidate. Hence all the attempts to pull a "Hillary" on him.

Because Trump thinks they may draft him for the democratic primary over Biden. And Trump knows that Cuomo's daily coronavirus briefs has twice the respect that his does.

Cuomo would be an unstoppable candidate. Hence all the attempts to pull a "Hillary" on him.
Coumo Lol democrat party is over, Who would Cuomo beg for welfare if he became president? Who would he blame with not trump for all his failures, do you know how deep in the red New York is the man can’t balance a budget, lol He just killed 5000 elderly in two weeks! Why do you like no good result candidate?

You missed that New Yorks percentage of nursing home coronavirus deaths vs total deaths, is 1/3rd the rest of the country.

Hmmm....so ABC is lying to cover for Trump?
NY has the highest death toll in nursing homes in America.

"Cuomo has often seemed dismissive and resigned to defeat when asked about his state leading the nation in nursing home deaths."

Yes these towns are in red states.. The problem with you libertarians is you think too much and you are absolutely clueless on what you’re thinking about, and you expect us all to believe what you have to say is actually legit. Lol
I never said anything about towns.
I compared states to federal.

New York also has the highest death doll OUTSIDE of nursing homes in America, no one is arguing that New York has big numbers.

BUT.....

I'm comparing nursing homes as a percentage of the total, and New York is 1/3rd the rest of the nation.

I never said anything about towns.
I compared states to federal.
Are these towns in red states? Yes or no??? Put your thinking cap on lol

New York also has the highest death doll OUTSIDE of nursing homes in America, no one is arguing that New York has big numbers.

BUT.....

I'm comparing nursing homes as a percentage of the total, and New York is 1/3rd the rest of the nation.

No buts about it.
It didnt have to end that way.

Forum List

Back