OK USMB Democrats.....Choose your poison

Which Republican do you most want to run against?

• Total voters
I choose Cruz whom I believe would be an absolute disaster for the country ... because his ANTI-ABORTION stance would make most women in America vote against him.

They will not accept that ' no abortion for any reason ... not even in case of rape or incest or to save the life of the mother '.

He believes if a woman is raped she should be forced to give birth to the baby even if it is going to kill her.

Yeah ... give us Cruz Republicans.

That argument would make sense ... if the President had any say over abortion ...
========
He does have some say.

He can sign or veto any bill changing the abortion laws in the country.

With a right wing Congress in both Houses, it is not unreasonable to expect that the first bill that would cross his desk if Cruz won would be a bill ending all abortions.

A Republican would sign it.

A Democrat would VETO it.

Of course the solid Republican Congress could and likely would override his veto but Dems < MIGHT > be able to stop it.

But the President does have some power over abortion.

Republicans could pass it and he could veto it, so he has that much power.

What bill? What are you talking about? I'm the one in Amsterdam right now, you're the one who's stoned. Be a bit more specific. What President has had a say over abortion?
========
I am NOT stoned --- but I will be soon :)
In about an hour I will leave the computer room and turn on TV and light up a doobie === LEGALLY === because I live in a state where I can.

We are talking about what power a FUTURE or CURRENT President would have over abortion and I explained that they can VETO bills that outlaw abortion.

THAT'S POWER OVER ABORTION.

A President < might > even be able to use an Executive Order to some branch of the Health Department to rewrite some regulations in order to stop abortion.
Google "Roe v. Wade." Congress can't outlaw abortion. The President has little say over abortion
========
Are you an American?

Of course Congress can outlaw abortion.

Why the hell do you think the Republicans running for Congress beat that drum?

The Supreme Court legalized it --- under the existing laws.

But Congress can pass new laws outlawing ANYTHING and then it goes through the court system as people opposed to the new laws file lawsuits.

Eventually it comes to the Supreme Court AGAIN.

How do you think the Supreme Court ever ruled in the first place.

Congress had passed laws that restricted abortions and people sued and it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

And the Supreme Court said the law was unconstitutional.

THE SUPREME COURT OVERTURNED LAW PASSED BY CONGRESS. ( as well as state laws )

You didn't even mention the #1 motivation of pre-government school educations. Any idea what that was?
========
RELIGION

A pat on the back for you. Yes, the #1 reason for education was so children could read the bible. Funny how you lectured me on the history of edcuation and until I pointed out you didn't come up with the #1 reason, you didn't come up with the #1 reason.

There was nothing more important to them than their children being able to read the bible for themselves. Turns out they did care about education Oops...
========
But that wasn't education for the masses.
Only people in that " church " got any education.
Religion was a secondary reason, in my opinion.
Getting educated workers to operate their factories was the #1 reason for PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
The schools you refer to were CHURCH schools ---- NOT public schools.

You really don't know any history. Communities all went to church and all the children were in the schools
========
You've been watching too many re-runs of Little House On The Prairie.

You haven't been reading enough history. You didn't even know reading the bible was the main driver of the origin of schools

That argument would make sense ... if the President had any say over abortion ...
========
He does have some say.

He can sign or veto any bill changing the abortion laws in the country.

With a right wing Congress in both Houses, it is not unreasonable to expect that the first bill that would cross his desk if Cruz won would be a bill ending all abortions.

A Republican would sign it.

A Democrat would VETO it.

Of course the solid Republican Congress could and likely would override his veto but Dems < MIGHT > be able to stop it.

But the President does have some power over abortion.

Republicans could pass it and he could veto it, so he has that much power.

What bill? What are you talking about? I'm the one in Amsterdam right now, you're the one who's stoned. Be a bit more specific. What President has had a say over abortion?
========
I am NOT stoned --- but I will be soon :)
In about an hour I will leave the computer room and turn on TV and light up a doobie === LEGALLY === because I live in a state where I can.

We are talking about what power a FUTURE or CURRENT President would have over abortion and I explained that they can VETO bills that outlaw abortion.

THAT'S POWER OVER ABORTION.

A President < might > even be able to use an Executive Order to some branch of the Health Department to rewrite some regulations in order to stop abortion.
Google "Roe v. Wade." Congress can't outlaw abortion. The President has little say over abortion
========
Are you an American?

Of course Congress can outlaw abortion.

Why the hell do you think the Republicans running for Congress beat that drum?

The Supreme Court legalized it --- under the existing laws.

But Congress can pass new laws outlawing ANYTHING and then it goes through the court system as people opposed to the new laws file lawsuits.

Eventually it comes to the Supreme Court AGAIN.

How do you think the Supreme Court ever ruled in the first place.

Congress had passed laws that restricted abortions and people sued and it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

And the Supreme Court said the law was unconstitutional.

THE SUPREME COURT OVERTURNED LAW PASSED BY CONGRESS. ( as well as state laws )

Winston Churchill: I can explain it to you, I cannot comprehend it for you

Forum List

Back