Oil discoveries dispel "Peak Oil" as myth

Whatever. producing oil consumes the lowest percentage of the end product. Ethanol is probably the worst of the fuels that burn. It may even be negative.
Alcohol burning engines are more fuel efficient than gasoline and diesel burning engines.

The problem being the production of the alcohol. Very oil intensive and in the long run you expend more oil then you save. As a cost comparison regular Jet fuel is 5.21 a gallon as of Monday when i bought some. Bio Jet fuel on the other hand is around three bucks more a gallon. And that is a blend, if you use pure bio jetfuel it runs 26 bucks a gallon. Feel free to show me where the savings are.
Alcohol is a superior fuel for spark ignition internal combustion but only if the engine is optimized to run on pure alcohol. I probably should have clarified what type of engines.

I know what you were talking about, but the fact remains that producing alcohol requires the expenditure of shitloads of oil. Which means the net result is less efficiency.

It burns up pistons..I know my dad and I used to race these boats..

From my experience, methanol does not burn up pistons because that would mean deterioration from the middle. Instead, what I found was that there was more side wear from methanol fuel, especially near the top of the piston. To me that would indicate that methanol was breaking down lubricants more quickly?

Alcohol burning engines are more fuel efficient than gasoline and diesel burning engines.

The problem being the production of the alcohol. Very oil intensive and in the long run you expend more oil then you save. As a cost comparison regular Jet fuel is 5.21 a gallon as of Monday when i bought some. Bio Jet fuel on the other hand is around three bucks more a gallon. And that is a blend, if you use pure bio jetfuel it runs 26 bucks a gallon. Feel free to show me where the savings are.
Alcohol is a superior fuel for spark ignition internal combustion but only if the engine is optimized to run on pure alcohol. I probably should have clarified what type of engines.

I know what you were talking about, but the fact remains that producing alcohol requires the expenditure of shitloads of oil. Which means the net result is less efficiency.

From my experience, methanol does not burn up pistons because that would mean deterioration from the middle. Instead, what I found was that there was more side wear from methanol fuel, especially near the top of the piston. To me that would indicate that methanol was breaking down lubricants more quickly?

Methanol or Ethanol? One thing Ethanol does is eat away all the plastic components of the engine.

Try adding nitro to methanol and see what happens..

I found out mostly to lean, jets wrong in the carb.

This is an interesting discussion ( but I am kind of breaking the rules here)

Burned piston in Alky engine - Speed Talk

It's not a problem with the engine, it's a problem with the fuel system that needs to be found or it'll do it again.

I had a customer burn about 6 pistons in a methanol engine after about 4 laps of the 1st race after I rebuilt the engine. We went through the fuel system and found SAND in the fuel pump! It had coarse brown sand in there and it was holding some but not all of the valves in the pump open. This caused the fuel volume to just not be adequate. Of course it didn't just quit pumping all together and quit running. No, it instead simply leaned out and damaged the engine!

Whatever. producing oil consumes the lowest percentage of the end product. Ethanol is probably the worst of the fuels that burn. It may even be negative.

How much energy is used to create hemp oil?

Not much I think? I think it is just cold pressed from the seeds?

Since it is becoming legal to grow in the US I was thinking about at least 5 acres worth for a little experimenting on uses and processing.

Since it is becoming legal to grow in the US I was thinking about at least 5 acres worth for a little experimenting on uses and processing.

But there is a lot to learn since there is cold pressed hemp seed oil which contains no THC, cannabis oil that is an extraction turned into an infusion, with lots of THC, and CBD oil which is extracted from hemp flowers, has no THC, and is turned into an infusion.

Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil: The Need For Clarity

It is only when one makes alcohol from corn that it has such high energy and water consumption problems. If you use sugar cane, sugar beets, or algae, then it becomes far more efficient.
But ultimately alcohol does have lower energy content than bio diesel, so I like bio diesel better.
All you have to do is cold press seeds or pods like palm oil.
You can even run a diesel on chicken fat.

And it is still less efficient than just running regular diesel. That's the point. When you have to use fuel to make fuel, you are ALWAYS going to be chasing your tail.

Hemp produces 511 gallons of oil per acre. You do the calculations.

That is correct.

Most of the oil we produce goes right back into producing oil. The EROEI for Oil keeps falling! The Permian will be utilizing over 2 million truckloads to deliver fracking sand, or nearly 50% of Walmart’s supply chain: Plus over 1.5 gallons of fresh water to pump out each gallon of oil.
Utter horseshit. Oil has the lowest EROEI of any energy source.
You are an IDIOT!!! Low EROEI is very, very BAD!!!
Whatever. producing oil consumes the lowest percentage of the end product.
More Lies! - US Oil Imports are RISING because US burns more oil while extracting more oil! We are now MORE dependent on foreign oil!
Crude Imports.jpg

More Lies! - US Oil Imports are RISING because US burns more oil while extracting more oil! We are now MORE dependent on foreign oil!

And at the same time oil is finite, meaning the total amount is fixed while we continue to burn more and more.

When you are driving your car and your gas gauge continues to drop there is a point where you either stop at a gas station and get more or you run out leaving you stranded at the road side.

People say what's the hurry, we have plenty of oil and that's true; for YOU.,.,.,.,.,but not your children. If you have no children and could care less for the next generation; then you be you.

The rest of us do care and that is why we spend some of our time trying to wake up the rest of us BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !!!

And at the same time oil is finite, meaning the total amount is fixed while we continue to burn more and more.

When you are driving your car and your gas gauge continues to drop there is a point where you either stop at a gas station and get more or you run out leaving you stranded at the road side.

People say what's the hurry, we have plenty of oil and that's true; for YOU.,.,.,.,.,but not your children. If you have no children and could care less for the next generation; then you be you.

The rest of us do care and that is why we spend some of our time trying to wake up the rest of us BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !!!
Actually, it's true for our great great grand children, and fusion power will be perfected long before that.

Actually, it's true for our great great grand children, and fusion power will be perfected long before that.

No my friend, in your grandchildren's time.
:)-
Even if true, fusion power will be perfected long before that. It may be perfected in the next 10 years. They are making great strides.

More likely the next 100 years.
It isn't going to take that long.

Even if true, fusion power will be perfected long before that. It may be perfected in the next 10 years. They are making great strides.

Sure. What's the closest they've come to break-even?
How many billions did they spend?

They have come pretty close, actually. The ITER installation is supposed to produce above break-even.

I hope you are right.
We have nuclear powered submarines today. This same power could provide the electricity for our cities and that electric power could charge electric cars.
I believe this is coming.
It will either be a result of--
an economic meltdown and restart
or
planned smooth transition
in my opinion :)-

They have come pretty close, actually. The ITER installation is supposed to produce above break-even.

They have come pretty close, actually.

How close, actually? For how many billions?

Forum List

Back