Officials say Chicago police retiring at a rapid pace, raise concerns of staffing shortfalls

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Chicago police officers are retiring at a rapid pace, raising concerns the number of new hires won’t keep pace with the number leaving.

The trend started earlier this summer, with CPD officers retiring at more than double the normal rate. According to the City, 59 officers are retiring in August and another 51 in September, more than double the average of about 24 per month.

Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara said he noticed the rise in retirees right after unrest and rioting began in the city.

“I’m surprised they’re not higher to be honest with you,” Catanzara said. “It was pretty obvious right away, May 29 and 30 specifically.”

I'm not surprised. AND there will be all of that inexperience in one place. That has suck all over it.

Chicago police officers are retiring at a rapid pace,
Well gee whiz! Don't even think about touching their defined-benefit pension plans. Just raise property taxes and raise the rent to pay for even more blue-clad benevolent protectors of innocent street women and children of the district, and build more prisons to house the bad men who have to be picked up.

My mother's Irish family was Chicago police and fire fighters. They voted Democrat, like everyone in Chicago.

Xhicago LEOs should give Lightfoot 24 hrs notice that they will not be available this weekend.

A lot of the law enforcement folks retiring from Chicago PD are likely to be young enough that they can take their pensions and move to a civilized city and continue working somewhere they appreciate the police.

Should be a good match as it will save their new employer the expense of having to hire someone off the streets and put them through the police academy.

Chicago police officers are retiring at a rapid pace, raising concerns the number of new hires won’t keep pace with the number leaving.

The trend started earlier this summer, with CPD officers retiring at more than double the normal rate. According to the City, 59 officers are retiring in August and another 51 in September, more than double the average of about 24 per month.

Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara said he noticed the rise in retirees right after unrest and rioting began in the city.

“I’m surprised they’re not higher to be honest with you,” Catanzara said. “It was pretty obvious right away, May 29 and 30 specifically.”

I'm not surprised. AND there will be all of that inexperience in one place. That has suck all over it.
Not too surprised by this. Can you blame them?

Chicago has now become a sanctuary city for criminals and reprobates.

Enjoy America!

Not too surprised by this. Can you blame them?

Nope. Can't.

Forum List

Back