Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
If this display is still not enough to convince people it's time to elect a third party then I officially give up on America
We did. Cant help it if you dont like our 3rd party candidate. Hes still your president though

While I tend to be more pragmatic and moderate in my conservatism than you (and all Trump supporters for that matter), I absolutely agree with you. Despite his labeling himself a Republican, he is not. He is, most definitely, a party unto himself. Call him a Trumplican, a Donaldcrat, whatever, but he is not a Republican. At least not as compared to the party I signed on to an 18. Sadly, it will take years, if not decades, for the real Republican party to wash the stains Trump leaves behind from their laundry...

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.
ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
Stand down and stand back
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

He has formerly condemned white supremacists.-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Proud Boys being used a white supremacist group is a left wing thing, without merit.
View attachment 394893
Proud Boy with wife and kids
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

"But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides."

It was a racist rally to unite the alt-right extremist groups of the Proud Boys, KKK, neo-nazis, and other assorted white supremacists...

... so who anong them are "very fine people?"

Thanks for proving what I said is accurate. Impeached Trump called members of the racist alt-right, "very fine people."

What that transcript says is that you cherrypicked the quote, you dishonest prick. Don't lie to me.

Whassamatter, fool, you don't like me using your source to prove I'm right?

Sure, calling me names proves you're right Faun. I read the transcript from top to bottom. Want me to prove YOU wrong with it? The very title of the page is "IN CONTEXT" in which the president was quoted. YOU only take at minimum five words out of an entire transcript and attempt to shape a false narrative around it.

Have a seat you worthless tool.

From the link I posted:

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

You're proving me right again. It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

"You're proving me right again."

How? Be more specific than pre-generated talking points.

It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

You seem to be forgetting that everything was peaceful until the commies showed up. I guess you think constitutional rights only apply to people you agree with. I didn't agree with most of the messaging, but they had every right to peaceably assemble and speak their peace. No on had a right to violently confront them. If you think otherwise, you're the problem.

So? Is that supposed to mean the radical right racists aren't racists?

In this country people have a right to be peaceful racist, just like you have a right to be a peaceful commie. When your side decides to breach the peace that makes you the problem. Own it commie.

I never said they didn't have a right to protest. Good job, con. You just earned the strawman award of the day. I'll take that as acknowledgment that even you know Impeached Trump called racists, "very fine people."

And you would be lying again.

Why aren’t they discussing foreign policy?

Did you actually expect Chris Wallace to choose to allow Trump to talk about his historic peace deal? No, it's FAR more important to the future of the nation that they gabble on about whether or not climate change is responsible for forest fires.

The topics for this debate were negotiated and made clear beforehand.

I'm sure that foreign policy will be a topic at one of the future debates.
Best thing to do is shut off the mike of the guy who is NOT speaking Take away the scumbag trumps whole game
Only scumbag here, traitor, is you. Muting the mike on both would have been prudent. Wallace lost control.
You fn idiot you israel before America nit wit Wallace lost control because the biggest asshole ever in our WH wouldn't shut his stinkin lying mouth
It was an open debate after the 2:00 rule. They agreed with it.

Let’s look at what Trump actually said, shall we?
Chris Wallace: (41:33)
You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland.

President Donald J. Trump: (41:57)
Sure, I’m willing to do that.

Chris Wallace: (41:59)
Are you prepared specifically to do it.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:00)
I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing.

Chris Wallace: (42:04)
But what are you saying?

President Donald J. Trump: (42:06)
I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace.
Now, just because he didn't utter the words he had previously, they want to say he didn’t condemn them. Who gets to choose? Why must he continually be asked to condemn once he already has?
His previous comments-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
And the question not asked, mr VP do you condemn antifa violence? I want to know why
Um, Biden has been denouncing violence from anyone and everyone over and over, including Antifa.

I like how Biden said it was Trump’s recession. What a disingenuous piece of shit.

He is the president. Where does the buck stop?

How has the US economy done in the COVID-19 environment when compared
to other industrialized nations?

The buck stops with the people who are responsible for the action that led to the result. In a sense, the buck stops with the President simply because he's going to have to deal with the fallout; but in actuality, the President has far less direct control over the economy than most ignoramuses on the street assume. And that's in normal times. In THESE times, when elected officials are shutting down their local economies entirely, Trump can't be said to have ANY control over that, because this is not a monarchy.

If you're so eager to say, "This is Trump's fault! He made the economy bad, and it's his job to fix it!" then please explain to me HOW he made it bad, and WHAT you think he personally is supposed to do to fix it.

You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland.

I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing.

But what are you saying?

Now, just because he didn't utter the words he had previously, they want to say he didn’t condemn them. Who gets to choose? Why must he continually be asked to condemn once he already has?
His previous comments-

And the question not asked, mr VP do you condemn antifa violence? I want to know why
Um, Biden has been denouncing violence from anyone and everyone over and over, including Antifa.
Post it. So had Trump but he was asked again. So I’m asking why Biden wasn’t asked again?

You fn idiot you israel before America nit wit Wallace lost control because the biggest asshole ever in our WH wouldn't shut his stinkin lying mouth
You should never post drunk. With your age and intellect perhaps you shouldn't post sober either.
Meat going to have my first of the day And since the market did well I just might have 2 Even the market appreciates how Trump made a BIGGER AH of himself last night

I like how Biden said it was Trump’s recession. What a disingenuous piece of shit.

He is the president. Where does the buck stop?

How has the US economy done in the COVID-19 environment when compared
to other industrialized nations?

The buck stops with the people who are responsible for the action that led to the result. In a sense, the buck stops with the President simply because he's going to have to deal with the fallout; but in actuality, the President has far less direct control over the economy than most ignoramuses on the street assume. And that's in normal times. In THESE times, when elected officials are shutting down their local economies entirely, Trump can't be said to have ANY control over that, because this is not a monarchy.

If you're so eager to say, "This is Trump's fault! He made the economy bad, and it's his job to fix it!" then please explain to me HOW he made it bad, and WHAT you think he personally is supposed to do to fix it.
Better yet, Why doesn’t trump just say the country’s open and the Democrat governors have to obey him if that’s what they want. If it’s his problem, then that’s his solution.!

Can’t say it’s on him and then say he can’t open it! That’s hypocritical

Why aren’t they discussing foreign policy?

Did you actually expect Chris Wallace to choose to allow Trump to talk about his historic peace deal? No, it's FAR more important to the future of the nation that they gabble on about whether or not climate change is responsible for forest fires.

The topics for this debate were negotiated and made clear beforehand.

I'm sure that foreign policy will be a topic at one of the future debates.
Best thing to do is shut off the mike of the guy who is NOT speaking Take away the scumbag trumps whole game
Only scumbag here, traitor, is you. Muting the mike on both would have been prudent. Wallace lost control.
Israel is our dear ally. Too bad you don;t know what that is. Traitor

You should never post drunk. With your age and intellect perhaps you shouldn't post sober either.
Meat going to have my first of the day And since the market did well I just might have 2 Even the market appreciates how Trump made a BIGGER AH of himself last night
They know he won

Biden handled the bit about his son taking money exactly like Trump does. He lied, called it completely fake news, called it a totally discredited lie. Very impressive. Very Trumpian.

Of course most of — but certainly not all of — those charges were exaggerations. Biden actually came out of it sounding almost classy, like a wounded father. Pretty surprising to me.

You forget there are suspicious activity reports from the banks that document the transactions.

It is true
What is true is:
  • Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden, had an investment deal 7 years ago that involved the Bank of China, but Trump’s $1.5 billion figure is most probably exaggerated. How much it’s exaggerated is unclear, given the lack of disclosures.
  • There is no evidence that either of the Bidens broke any laws, but experts in political ethics say that the elder Biden would have been better served if his son had never gotten involved with an investment entity linked to China.
  • Experts say it’s not unusual for the Chinese government and state-affiliated businesses to court prominent Americans or their family members. Ivanka Trump, for example, was granted potentially lucrative trademark protections by the Chinese government while she was serving as a White House official.
What has come out of RNC and Trump campaign are accusation lacking any proof. This started after the Senate republican investigation of both Biden's found no wrong doing.

Republicans need to very careful in going after Hunter Biden because that can turn very quicken into a discussion of the Ukraine, and Trump's recorded phone call admitting he would trade US support for dirt on Biden. This kind of discussion reminds Trump voters that they're going to be voting for an impeached president that senate republicans quickly dismissed all charges without any investigation or witnesses.

If you had to bet your life, would you bet Hunter got his money fairly and honestly? Yes or No?
What a stupid thing to say. Who on Earth would bet their life??
It is a figure of speech, captain literal.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted

ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

Proud Boys being used a white supremacist group is a left wing thing, without merit.
View attachment 394893
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

It was a racist rally to unite the alt-right extremist groups of the Proud Boys, KKK, neo-nazis, and other assorted white supremacists...

Thanks for proving what I said is accurate. Impeached Trump called members of the racist alt-right, "very fine people."

What that transcript says is that you cherrypicked the quote, you dishonest prick. Don't lie to me.

Sure, calling me names proves you're right Faun. I read the transcript from top to bottom. Want me to prove YOU wrong with it? The very title of the page is "IN CONTEXT" in which the president was quoted. YOU only take at minimum five words out of an entire transcript and attempt to shape a false narrative around it.

From the link I posted:

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

You're proving me right again. It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

They were people there to support their belief that statues should be left alone. Peaceful southern pride folks. They do exist.

Prove they were at that rally.... It was a racist rally by the alt-right. The event was created, sponsored, promoted, hosted and attended by racists from various racist groups.

I was not there. I am guessing that was the intel he received. I am a Jew, I know what they were chanting. I believe he should have been stronger in his denouncement.

You claim to be a Jew but here you are, claiming there were "very fine people" in that crowd.

Which ones were "very fine people?" Point them out...

I said he said there were other people there sans the white supremacists. If he is wrong then shame on him but the point is that he vilified the white supremacists there. His daughter and three grandchildren are Jewish. He is not an antisemite.

And I am Jewish, waste of life. Pay attention.

Great, quote him saying there were other people there...

Quote whom? Trump condemned the white supremacists and he said what is next George Washington? Guess what? George Washington was next. He was right. You're a snowflake. Poor waste of life, bested again.

View attachment 395138

He didn't condemn the KKK or the Proud Boys or the NPI or skinheads, etc... So that's who he meant are very fine people. Thanks for clearing that up.
thumbsup.gif

Trump can’t condemn white supremacist groups because although most conservatives might not condone the white supremacist message that white Americans are ‘superior,’ conservatives nonetheless support the nativist anti-immigrant theme advanced by white supremacists, the white grievance politics white supremacists groups also promote, and the wrongheaded notion that ‘white culture’ is ‘under attack,’ likewise fomented by white supremacist groups; for Trump to condemn white supremacists, therefore, is to risk alienating his base.

Wrong. It is an anti illegal theme. Immigrants are most welcome to come here LEGALLY.

Biden punted

face-palm-gif.278959
LOL

View attachment 394893
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

From the link I posted:

"You're proving me right again."

How? Be more specific than pre-generated talking points.

It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

You seem to be forgetting that everything was peaceful until the commies showed up. I guess you think constitutional rights only apply to people you agree with. I didn't agree with most of the messaging, but they had every right to peaceably assemble and speak their peace. No on had a right to violently confront them. If you think otherwise, you're the problem.

So? Is that supposed to mean the radical right racists aren't racists?

In this country people have a right to be peaceful racist, just like you have a right to be a peaceful commie. When your side decides to breach the peace that makes you the problem. Own it commie.

I never said they didn't have a right to protest. Good job, con. You just earned the strawman award of the day. I'll take that as acknowledgment that even you know Impeached Trump called racists, "very fine people."

Already proved you wrong there. Next....

1601498223648.png

Biden punted

face-palm-gif.278959
LOL

View attachment 394893
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

From the link I posted:

They were people there to support their belief that statues should be left alone. Peaceful southern pride folks. They do exist.

Prove they were at that rally.... It was a racist rally by the alt-right. The event was created, sponsored, promoted, hosted and attended by racists from various racist groups.

I was not there. I am guessing that was the intel he received. I am a Jew, I know what they were chanting. I believe he should have been stronger in his denouncement.

You claim to be a Jew but here you are, claiming there were "very fine people" in that crowd.

Which ones were "very fine people?" Point them out...

I said he said there were other people there sans the white supremacists. If he is wrong then shame on him but the point is that he vilified the white supremacists there. His daughter and three grandchildren are Jewish. He is not an antisemite.

And I am Jewish, waste of life. Pay attention.

Great, quote him saying there were other people there...

Quote whom? Trump condemned the white supremacists and he said what is next George Washington? Guess what? George Washington was next. He was right. You're a snowflake. Poor waste of life, bested again.

View attachment 395138

He didn't condemn the KKK or the Proud Boys or the NPI or skinheads, etc... So that's who he meant are very fine people. Thanks for clearing that up.
thumbsup.gif

Already posted it. Next...

Proud Boys arent an alt right group. Not sure what they are but they have African American members.

1601498361277.png

But what are you saying?

His previous comments-

Post it. So had Trump but he was asked again. So I’m asking why Biden wasn’t asked again?
Biden was asked during the debate and his response was all acts of violence should be prosecuted.

Biden said that Trump looks down his nose at Irish Catholics? Huh? What the fuck is he talking about?

Trump just nominated a Catholic to the Supreme Court you fucking lying asshole.

Hey, everyone else in his party gets in on the "Poor little victimized me" train. Biden was probably feeling left out.

But what are you saying?

His previous comments-

Biden was asked during the debate and his response was all acts of violence should be prosecuted.

And? Trump's said that a dozen times, and it doesn't stop you from trying to blame him for violence that's being caused by people who aren't remotely his supporters. Please explain to me why it's supposed to be a "Well, that's settled, and he's a perfect angel" moment for Biden.

Forum List

Back