Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Trump lost badly...
He looked like he had no plan... Biden was talking policies, trump ended up insulting Biden's dead son...
Americans love Trump because he speaks his mind. Libs still whine about what Trump said about McCain, but it hasn't hurt Trump at all.

According to live polls, negative ratings for both candidates were roughly the same.

i.e. no one "won" the debate.

But that's bad for Trump because he's losing in swing states

Agree

Most voters have their minds made up. Nobody will change their view.

But damn.....this thing was scary

It was an abject embarrassment...

I don't care who you are voting for, neither candidate has any reason to be proud of what transpired and Wallace should be banned from moderating anything ever again. Not even a middle school debate.

I will give Biden credit for holding his own. I expected much worse from him. He flubbed a few times but thats to be expected when the stakes are this high.

Wallace is a TERRIBLE moderator. CONSTANTLY interupting the president while BOTH men are arguing. Let them have it out. Let America see where we are and what we've come to. Stop interrupting. He let Biden berate Trump over and over with insults right from the top and does nothing but stop Trump from responding.

Trump FAILED to take command and put Wallace in his place. Newt Gingrich would have DESTROYED both Biden & Wallace.

Terrible debate by ALL involved. No minds were changed tonight.

The thing was, Biden acted like a gentleman who was concerned about the American People.

Trump acted like a petulant child, who spent more time arguing with the moderator than espousing his positions.

And Wallace was probably the most friendly moderator he was going to get.

First time CNN didn't put up "fake news"

That debate was horrible. I'm not sure there will be any more. I hope not. That was more than enough of both candidates.
Pence v Harris won't be as entertaining, but I wonder if either Trump or Biden can afford to back out of further episodes?:oops:

Biden clearly said that "HIS" new green deal wasn't that of AOC. His was Bidens new green deal.

Don't let the title fool you.
Surely you can provide a link to "Biden's Green New Deal" that is separate from the original Green New Deal, right?
Are you accusing Fox of editing the debate?
Go to Bidens website, he has his plans there for you to read. I can only translate or mis-translate. You need to see it for yourself. But the short form is his would only cost $2=4 trillion over 10 years, and create 4 million jobs in the process.

63B260AF-8DDA-4073-9283-56967124BA01.jpeg

It wasn't good, it wasn't helped by Wallace, what a horrible, almost far-left moderator.

All of that and China isn't raised? Are you kidding me? Trump needs to demand questions about the #1 National Security risk to America and the West. I am shocked at the questions. Or maybe I'm not, I'm not too sure.

Trump didn't do enough focus on jobs, especially for minorities. Home ownership, increased income for citizens. These don't interest China First Wallace I suppose. Go to the Fox site and read the comments, Wallace is being destroyed.

Trump is right, the election is already rigged.
It is, but it still might be enough of a dominating win for Trump.

I hope so, because otherwise, get ready for war.
Trump lost badly...

He looked like he had no plan... Biden was talking policies, trump ended up insulting Biden's dead son...

When did Trump insult Biden’s dead son? What were you watching? Trump was talking about HUNTER, NOT BEAU.

Biden was talking about Beau at the time... Trump was just overreaching...

The debate was awful... Wallace was not at fault...

Trump was filled with false statements...

This thread will be unlocked and un-stickied at 5PM Eastern Tuesday for the debate.. DO NOT CREATE OTHER THREADS until 1PM Eastern Wednesday morning.. We do this to put everyone's comments in ONE thread rather than 20 or 40 of them.

Other threads will be closed -- not merged. We're posting floating Announcements in Announcements, Politics, Current Events.. Help us out by BUMPING those and using them for PRE-DEBATE predictions, hype, bets and general hyper-ventilation..

Regular Zone2 rules apply in here.. Don't get reported and potentially TOSSED OUT..

There's a popcorn GLUT because of Covid shutting down the movie theaters so help out the farmers and buy some extra.

This told me the Orange Virus could lose. Bigly

Again, Bidens green new deal is not AOC's green new deal.

Same name, completely different plan.
Link it. I'd love to see the differences between the two plans.
Maybe he shouldn't have plagiarized the name if he wanted to put out a separate plan.
He's never been known to plagiarize things before, right?

The thing was, Biden acted like a gentleman who was concerned about the American People.
Trump acted like a petulant child, who spent more time arguing with the moderator than espousing his positions.
And Wallace was probably the most friendly moderator he was going to get.
Trump is the one who cares about real Americans, Biden only cares about the people who came here from shit hole countries.

Forum List

Back