Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.

Agreed. To be proud of either candidates performance? Wow. That's warped. Wallace should have been alot more nasty when a candidate interrupted.

Yea, what happened to Chris Wallace being “invisible” like he promised? He didn’t let them duke it out, he kept trying to interrupt and correct President Trump.
Chris Wallace is the moderator. He's supposed to serve a controlling role.

According to live polls, negative ratings for both candidates were roughly the same.

i.e. no one "won" the debate.

But that's bad for Trump because he's losing in swing states

Agree

Most voters have their minds made up. Nobody will change their view.

But damn.....this thing was scary

It was an abject embarrassment...

I don't care who you are voting for, neither candidate has any reason to be proud of what transpired and Wallace should be banned from moderating anything ever again. Not even a middle school debate.

Can you imagine people in other countries watching that horror show?

1601434864019.png

The child and the adult

ROUND 1: MAYHEM

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not watching any of the post debate spin I have no interest in seeing anyone from either side try and defend this.
I'm surfing. I want to see who if anyone is going to be honest. So far Perino is the only one
I saw on Facebook where someone posted some of her comments the one that rings very true is both men should be glad most voters have already made up their mind.

Trump is right, the election is already rigged.
It is, but it still might be enough of a dominating win for Trump.

I hope so, because otherwise, get ready for war.
Trump lost badly...

He looked like he had no plan... Biden was talking policies, trump ended up insulting Biden's dead son...

When did Trump insult Biden’s dead son? What were you watching? Trump was talking about HUNTER, NOT BEAU.

Biden was talking about Beau at the time... Trump was just overreaching...

The debate was awful... Wallace was not at fault...

Trump was filled with false statements...
How is Russian collusion with Biden an overreach? Are we forgetting the last 3 years of the Trump Russia Hoax?

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.

Biden punted

Where is it give us some names of these people
Will you shut up and let adults speak? Jeezuz

Biden punted

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
“Don’t ever use the word ‘smart’ with me Joe, you graduated bottom of your class”.
:laughing0301:
Joe sure knows how to push Trumps buttons.
And Trump fell for it hook line and sinker. Independents will see how out of control the president was.

• Thanks
I really thought Trump would demolish Biden. I’m glad he did not. The moderator was obviously tough on Trump, but Trump did interrupt constantly. Not a great win for Biden. But a bad night for Trump.

• Thanks
trump lost the debate. Name an idea he presented.
You're allowed your opinion. Care to answer any of the questions I've posed?
No. Because I am not going to discuss trumps talking points. trump lost the debate, he presented no ideas. He doesn't have a climate plan. He could not condemn white supremacists. trump stood up for 90 minutes lying and I won't be answering questions about trumps lies.

Nobody was a lion in this debate
Trump was a lion

A lion? Only if the lion is rabid, and lashing out insanely like a maniac. Trump was completely incapable of controlling himself. His face was red and sweaty, and he looked like he was ready to pop a vein.

If Donald Trump thought his help his re-election chances, as usual, he was utterly and completely wrong.

Best of all was Trump's refusal to condemn the Proud Bois. When asked to tell them to "stand down and stay home", Trump told the white supremacists to "stand back and stand by".

Angry, defensive, bullying, lying, showering hate on Democrats. Threatening the Constitution and the Republic.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back