Obozo forcing schools to give special treatment to disabled students

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
What facet of our lives will the feds take over next?. States need to put down their foot and say education is nowhere mentioned in the constitution and so, by the tenth amendment, ed is a state issue.!!

Disabled students must be given sports, says Education Dept. - U.S. News

Jan 25, 2013

The feds are ordering schools across the country to make "reasonable" changes to sports programs so that disabled students can play — or else create separate teams for them.
The new guidance from the Education Department issued Friday was hailed by advocates for the disabled but denounced by a conservative think-tank that said it could cost big bucks for cash-strapped schools.

The new order from the Education Department says athletics is also a civil right for the disabled and schools that don’t protect it could lose federal funding.
Under the latest rules, schools must tweak traditional programs to give qualified disabled students a shot at playing as long as they can do it without fundamentally changing the sport or giving anyone an advantage

• Banned
The disabled kids already have an opportunity to compete. They just can't do it. Like i don't have the ability to play in the NBA. Next obozo will force schools to have special athletic programs for short kids or fat kids!! KICK THE FEDS OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS. Fed involvement in schools is unconstitutional.

The left wants real "Armchair Quarterbacks"

Had to say that joke. Anyway, I can see how "Inclusion" could benefit all involved like that blind kid that plays nose tackle for some school. Once you get to highschool though, things have to change and while having some disabled kid on the team is great and all, you can't expect the kid to get playing time.

Nah, schools are not forced to. The schools must give equal access to sports to the disabled or form special special teams OR give up federal funds.

States can have autobahn.like highways - but if they do they don' t get Federal highway funding any more.

It' s simple for school sports: stop discriminating or do so only on state funding.

$$ is why the states do not 100% control education.

Regards from Rosie

• Banned
The new order from the Education Department says athletics is also a civil right for the disabled and schools that don’t protect it could lose federal funding

That's how the feds control us. They tax us and then say we'll give the money back if you do what we say!

• Banned
It' s simple for school sports: stop discriminating or do so only on state funding.

HAHAHA. More loony liberalism. No one is discriminating against the disabled. They are free to go out for sports like everyone else. They just don't have the ability others have.

The new order from the Education Department says athletics is also a civil right for the disabled and schools that don’t protect it could lose federal funding

That's how the feds control us. They tax us and then say we'll give the money back if you do what we say!

Try growing a Brain

• Banned

Try growing a Brain

HAHAHA. Yet another liberal makes a personal attack and thus admits he has no rebuttal.

I work with the disabled and find this thread despicable. What about handicap parking? Is that a communist policy that we should ban? What about ramps? I mean they have the opportunity to take the stairs right? If they can't then, well, they should have thought about that before deciding to be handicapped. Right?

Of all the things to be angry about in this world you pick this. I don't get it.

Imagine, the Federal Government intervening in local schools!

Next, they will have forced integration!

The battle has already been fought, guys. Since schools take Federal money, they have to accept certain standards. Remember the fifties? Little Rock? Selma?

I work with the disabled and find this thread despicable. What about handicap parking? Is that a communist policy that we should ban? What about ramps? I mean they have the opportunity to take the stairs right? If they can't then, well, they should have thought about that before deciding to be handicapped. Right?

Of all the things to be angry about in this world you pick this. I don't get it.

Eggs Ackley!

You don't understand the issue. Where does the constitution give the feds authority over education?

By the tenth amendment, education is a state issue.

I. Since schools take Federal money, they have to accept certain standards.

It's not federal money. It's money you paid in taxes and then the feds say "we'll give it back if you do what we say"!!!!! Real americans ( not commie libs) are sick of that.

Disabled students should have special consideration, but what do you mean by "discriminating"?

I believe he's talking about reverse discrimination against the 'abled?' Which is sooooo absolutely crazy to me that I don't think any possible rebuttal could change the guy's mind.

I'd like to point out that Hitler wouldn't have liked for them to play sports either.

You guys are hilarious.

If a disabled kid tries out for whatever sport and makes the team, that's great and good for him or her.

But,

Is Obama trying to force schools to put whatever disabled kid on the team no matter what?

Not angry, just a realist.

They don't belong on the football field, the wrestling mat, or the baseball field with other kids who are not challenged. They will get hurt and only silly people want to legislate their vision of "fairness".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back