Obozo forcing schools to give special treatment to disabled students

Disabled students should have special consideration, but what do you mean by "discriminating"?

I mean by eliminating them from sports participation altogether. That is saying you must be able bodied or sports are closed to you.

There are now beeping baseballs, softballs and tennis balls. Blind kids can hear to play. Most schools could not be bothered to make accommodations. Banning kids that you don' t have to is discrimination.

One of my favorite memories is taking a blind class rollerskating. The kids were awesome and their teacher was the best teacher I have ever seen. Hats off to Mrs. Bingham.

Regards from Rosie

Show me one school district that has "banned" disabled students from participating in sports. Has the 'able-boded' kid who just isn't good enough to make the team been "banned" or "discriminated against"? I'm all for making accomodations to allow disabled students to participate, but competition is still competition, and talk of "discrimination" is self-defeating hyperbole.

What they're talking about is what most schools already do with disabled students. They're given support and encouragement, allowed to suit up, come to practice, and participate in game/meets when safe to do so.

If modifications can be made within a safe reasonable manner so the student can participate, then great!!

Seriously, the far-righties have a problem with his because...?? Who knows??

I've seen one-armed pitchers strike out the side.

I've seen wrestlers with no legs pin someone.

I've seen autistic kids walk out with the team captains for the coin toss.

There is nothing more humbling or inspiring than seeing a person with disabilities excel.

What a great thing for young athletes to invite a mentally challenged person out to practice and spend five-minutes showing them how to throw shot-put, dive in a poor, or swing a bat. These experiences are almost more important for the non-disabled students. You stop taking the little things for granted.

I can hardly wait for the lawsuits from parents whose disabled child was injured further in football. This has got to be a moronic leftie move.

I mean by eliminating them from sports participation altogether. That is saying you must be able bodied or sports are closed to you.

There are now beeping baseballs, softballs and tennis balls. Blind kids can hear to play. Most schools could not be bothered to make accommodations. Banning kids that you don' t have to is discrimination.

One of my favorite memories is taking a blind class rollerskating. The kids were awesome and their teacher was the best teacher I have ever seen. Hats off to Mrs. Bingham.

Regards from Rosie

Show me one school district that has "banned" disabled students from participating in sports. Has the 'able-boded' kid who just isn't good enough to make the team been "banned" or "discriminated against"? I'm all for making accomodations to allow disabled students to participate, but competition is still competition, and talk of "discrimination" is self-defeating hyperbole.

What they're talking about is what most schools already do with disabled students. They're given support and encouragement, allowed to suit up, come to practice, and participate in game/meets when safe to do so.

If modifications can be made within a safe reasonable manner so the student can participate, then great!!

There is nothing more humbling or inspiring than seeing a person with disabilities excel.

What a great thing for young athletes to invite a mentally challenged person out to practice and spend five-minutes showing them how to throw shot-put, dive in a poor, or swing a bat. These experiences are almost more important for the non-disabled students. You stop taking the little things for granted.

Hey moron, try to understand that the kids you speak of adapted to the sport, NOT the sport to the kid. I happen to know a gifted one-armed athlete. His Mom works with me. The kid would never ask that the sports he loves be changed for him.

Last edited:
I work with the disabled and find this thread despicable. What about handicap parking? Is that a communist policy that we should ban? What about ramps? I mean they have the opportunity to take the stairs right? If they can't then, well, they should have thought about that before deciding to be handicapped. Right?

Of all the things to be angry about in this world you pick this. I don't get it.

Don't take this personal. If it were offered by bush, they would have loved it.

They don't belong on the football field, the wrestling mat, or the baseball field with other kids who are not challenged. They will get hurt and only silly people want to legislate their vision of "fairness".

Football Field:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQeNop7Y-c]Zach Beckman Scores a Touchdown - YouTube[/ame]

The Wrestling Mat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmicID3JwsE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmicID3JwsE[/ame]

The Baseball Field:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vKsEtpKwOA]Nike: Find Your Greatness. ? Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

Basketball Court:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fw1CcxCUgg]Jason McElwain Autistic Basketball Player - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTPw8sPORPU]Brad Hennefer Varsity Golf and Basketball (Down Syndrome) - YouTube[/ame]

Hey moron, try to understand that the kids you speak of adapted to the sport, NOT the sport to the kid. I happen to know a gifted one-armed athlete. His Mom works with me. The kid would never ask that the sports he loves be changed for him.

Did you read the article idiot?

Reasonable???

Reasonable???

We already have reasonable, you want to move the goal posts. Kids taht are able to adapt to a sport can play. Period. It is already that way.

I work with the disabled and find this thread despicable. What about handicap parking? Is that a communist policy that we should ban? What about ramps? I mean they have the opportunity to take the stairs right? If they can't then, well, they should have thought about that before deciding to be handicapped. Right?

Of all the things to be angry about in this world you pick this. I don't get it.

Likewise. I have a wheelchair bound step daughter. Its not her fault she was born with CP.

The op can go fuck himself. Or junp in front of A SPEEDING car

Hazlmoron, did you bother to actually read the whole thing where schools MUST create sports teams, if playing the real sport is not reasonable? To the point of regional teams, which would have huge financial costs. How reasonable is that?

They don't belong on the football field, the wrestling mat, or the baseball field with other kids who are not challenged. They will get hurt and only silly people want to legislate their vision of "fairness".

Football Field:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQeNop7Y-c]Zach Beckman Scores a Touchdown - YouTube[/ame]

The Wrestling Mat:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmicID3JwsE]No Arms, No Legs, All Heart-Dustin Carter Documentary Teaser- - YouTube[/ame]

The Baseball Field:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vKsEtpKwOA]Nike: Find Your Greatness. ? Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

Basketball Court:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fw1CcxCUgg]Jason McElwain Autistic Basketball Player - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTPw8sPORPU]Brad Hennefer Varsity Golf and Basketball (Down Syndrome) - YouTube[/ame]

these ^ are not examples of equal treatment

Likewise. I have a wheelchair bound step daughter. Its not her fault she was born with CP.

You want sympathy for someone, yet seek the death of others. You have a problem.

Her school needs to provide the means for her and her chair to participate in sports or she is, beyond a doubt, being discriminated against.

I don't get what there is not to get about that.

Regards from Rosie

You want sympathy for someone, yet seek the death of others. You have a problem.

Yep, my problem is selfish self centered bastards that treat the truly handicapped as second class citizens. No one is demanding that these children be utilized as linebackers on a highschool football team. That is nothing more than a dumb strawman argument.
And if you can't find reason in this scenario and realize that these kids need to feel included in life then you too can join him on the highway :)

Her school needs to provide the means for her and her chair to participate in sports or she is, beyond a doubt, being discriminated against.

I don't get what there is not to get about that.

Regards from Rosie

They do. She enjoys it very much and its great therapy for her.

Go easy, just lightening the mood.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfDmxN3RBY4]Family Guy armless baseball player - YouTube[/ame]

Hazlmoron, did you bother to actually read the whole thing where schools MUST create sports teams, if playing the real sport is not reasonable? To the point of regional teams, which would have huge financial costs. How reasonable is that?

Reasonable cost has nothing to do with anything the government does.

Why should Special Education be any different?

In fact, why shouldn't Special Education take precedence over most other costs of government?

Yep, my problem is selfish self centered bastards that treat the truly handicapped as second class citizens. No one is demanding that these children be utilized as linebackers on a highschool football team. That is nothing more than a dumb strawman argument.
And if you can't find reason in this scenario and realize that these kids need to feel included in life then you too can join him on the highway :)

so how can those that tried out and didn't make the team be included?

do they have fewer rights?

Being included as the handicapped person to be pitied is far different than the handicapped person who overcomes and inspires. You are the self centered person who wants everyone else to bend to your needs here.

Being included as the handicapped person to be pitied is far different than the handicapped person who overcomes and inspires. You are the self centered person who wants everyone else to bend to your needs here.

the parents of special needs children are notorious for being unreasonably demanding and bullies.

Reasonable???

We already have reasonable, you want to move the goal posts. Kids taht are able to adapt to a sport can play. Period. It is already that way.

Show me how this is moving the goal posts -- what do you, in your little head, imaging this means:

"Under the latest rules, schools must tweak traditional programs to give qualified disabled students a shot at playing as long as they can do it without fundamentally changing the sport or giving anyone an advantage."

Forum List

Back