As Promised, Obama Energy Policy Bankrupts New Coal Plant

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012

—Andy

From Vic in the morning thread comes this piece:

“Chase Power … has opted to suspend efforts to further permit the facility and is seeking alternative investors as part of a plan of dissolution for the parent company,” Chase CEO Dave Freysinger told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.
Freysinger made it very clear who was responsible for the projects death. “The (Las Brisas Energy Center) is a victim of EPA’s concerted effort to stifle solid-fuel energy facilities in the U.S., including EPA’s carbon-permitting requirements and EPA’s New Source Performance Standards for new power plants,” he said.

“These costly rules exceeded the bounds of EPA authority, incur tremendous costs, and produce no real benefits related to climate change,” Freysinger commented

As a reminder, the executive branch, Obama's EPA, took these actions unilaterally after congress wouldn't cut the economy's throat by passing cap & trade. Who could have possibly predicted the outcome of such a policy?

TFG, that's who.

The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a (sic) ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.
So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can.

It's just that it will bankrupt them.

And bankrupt them it did. Well done, low-info voters.

Continue reading
www.ace.mu.nu

Provided for when the liberal left denies he said it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-aLcbr63ME]OBAMA WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY Biden: No Coal !!! - YouTube[/ame]

—Andy

“Chase Power … has opted to suspend efforts to further permit the facility and is seeking alternative investors as part of a plan of dissolution for the parent company,” Chase CEO Dave Freysinger told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.
Freysinger made it very clear who was responsible for the projects death. “The (Las Brisas Energy Center) is a victim of EPA’s concerted effort to stifle solid-fuel energy facilities in the U.S., including EPA’s carbon-permitting requirements and EPA’s New Source Performance Standards for new power plants,” he said.

“These costly rules exceeded the bounds of EPA authority, incur tremendous costs, and produce no real benefits related to climate change,” Freysinger commented

As a reminder, the executive branch, Obama's EPA, took these actions unilaterally after congress wouldn't cut the economy's throat by passing cap & trade. Who could have possibly predicted the outcome of such a policy?

TFG, that's who.

The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a (sic) ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.

Continue reading
www.ace.mu.nu

Why is it too much to convert a boiler to natural gas and produce electricity at half the fuel costs?

—Andy

TFG, that's who.

Continue reading
www.ace.mu.nu

Why is it too much to convert a boiler to natural gas and produce electricity at half the fuel costs?

Burning Debate: Coal Vs. Natural Gas - Which Offers More Near-Term Upside? - Seeking Alpha

Business is business, Adolph.

827.gif

Energy policy or piss poor business management, failure to invest in new technologies?

You know, failure to see the coming storm.

Energy policy or piss poor business management, failure to invest in new technologies?

You know, failure to see the coming storm.

Modern coal plants are new technology, moron. The government made those plants uneconomical, and nothing else.

Forum List

Back