Donald Trump Headlines The 153rd Annual NRA Meeting

He wasnt talking about criminals.

I'm pretty sure that he was.

I mean now, the second amendment is about self-defense. Do criminals and the mentally ill not have a right to self-defense?

Right is the key word here and rights can be taken away if they are abused or if there is a safety issue.

Because of my view of the Constitution, and while I am a Strict Constructionist, I am not an absolutist.

Due process can remove rights, and appearing before a judge is due process. My issue has always been Dems can't be trusted to impose the speedy part.
It avoids procedural due process. Which is a constitutional right.

How is someone a criminal, when they havent been convicted of anything?

We're obviously not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about taking weapons away from the criminals. What are you talking about?

We're obviously not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about taking weapons away from the criminals. What are you talking about?
Im talking about what trump said. He didnt say anything about criminals. Neither do red flag laws.

Why is it any of your business?
Because it is a damn safety issue.

You have already said, it is OK to both ban some people from owning guns and confiscating them from some people. I would also assume that means it is OK to ban particular guns, glad to see you are on board with an assault weapons ban.

Do you know the number one source of guns owned by criminals? Theft--FROM FAWKING CARS.

It avoids procedural due process. Which is a constitutional right.

You get the red flag order, which should be issued by a judge, not some functionary, and then you appear before the judge within 3-5 days.

I don't see the due process issue there.

What gun ban?
I am talking about trump wanting to take guns first, and then go to court.

Okay then where's the link to that article?

Because it is a damn safety issue.

You have already said, it is OK to both ban some people from owning guns and confiscating them from some people. I would also assume that means it is OK to ban particular guns, glad to see you are on board with an assault weapons ban.

Do you know the number one source of guns owned by criminals? Theft--FROM FAWKING CARS.

I don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

You get the red flag order, which should be issued by a judge, not some functionary, and then you appear before the judge within 3-5 days.

Based on what?

The Karen next door who reported you to the government because exercising your natural rights made them ascared?

Based on what?

The Karen next door who reported you to the government because exercising your natural rights made them ascared?

The law should include punishment for anyone filing a false report.

Again, that's why it has to go in front of a judge. Not the local police, not the town mayor, not the local buildings department. A judge. And a burden of proof has to be established before the order can go into effect.

Here's a little something the naysayers won't want to watch, lest they dare change their attitudes. :up:

Breaking News from Newsmax.com
Watch Trump Live at NRA! 3 pm ET today ( Saturday )— Live coverage begins of President Trump’s keynote address at the NRA annual meeting in Dallas, Texas, with speech start time expected at 3:30 pm ET. Watch on Newsmax and Newsmax2 streaming! Get Free Trial: NewsmaxPlus.com

Forum List

Back