Obama's job growth were part-time jobs...partially due to Obamacare!

I don't know about PT jobs....

But I do know the economy took forever to get rolling under Obama.

It has been smoking hot since Trump took over.

Obama sucked.
That's because Trump was handed a growing economy as opposed to the dead one Obama revived.

Obama didn't revive anything.

He was the reason it took so long to revive.
BULLSHIT!

I said the same thing whenever the asswipe spoke about the economy.

He knew nothing about it and his left wing shit-for-brains help didn't either.

Conservatives fucked up the economy and they slowed growth during Obama.

Obama inherited a depression and had to stimulate the economy. Private businesses cannot stimulate the economy unless they are willing to provide huge pay raises.

Last edited:

Obama sucked.
That's because Trump was handed a growing economy as opposed to the dead one Obama revived.

new-logo-300x80.png

However, a new study by the Economic Policy Institute shows that it was GOP obstructionism, not any policy failure by the Obama administration, that is responsible for the slowing-down of economic recovery. According to the report, the stall can be directly attributed to:

‘The lackluster pace of recovery on Republican-led budget cuts in 2011 following the row over the US debt ceiling, the unwillingness of local officials to spend money when Republicans in Congress were advocating cuts in spending, and the refusal to expand Medicaid in 19 states.’

Prestigious Study PROVES That Republicans Hold Blame For Sluggish Economy (STATS)

Try again.

Quoting a Keynsian economist study does nothing for your case.

I worked for a company that kept a billion out of circulation because of Obama.

Fuck off.

What you said was wrong. That's the way it is.

Since you have no fucking clue what I said, I really don't think you are in a position to use the word wrong (other than to comment on the fact that your mother didn't chose to abort your sorry ass).

A Keynsian bullshit study means nothing.

Blaming not picking up medicaid. Even a dumbfuck like you should know better.

Obama sucked.

BULLSHIT!

I said the same thing whenever the asswipe spoke about the economy.

He knew nothing about it and his left wing shit-for-brains help didn't either.

Conservatives fucked up the economy and they slowed growth during Obama.

That is funny...that is all you can say.

The economy actually got rolling when he lost the house.

As I said, my company sat on about 1.2 billion on domestic investment until it was sure Obama would not totally destroy things. That's real.

Quoting a Keynsian economist study does nothing for your case.
Tramp IS a Keynsian!!!!!

Bullshit.
What do you think all of Tramp's deficit spending is??? CON$ervatism?

He does not toute velocity....one of the key horseshit features of Keynsian crap.

He is pushing for more revenue through an improved economy. That is not Keynsian. Keysnian thinks the government should spend more money. They are all about fucking private business.
BULLSHIT!
Tramp is borrowing money faster than any president in history without growing the economy enough to pay for it.

I can back up the OP with another article from investing.com WHILE OBAMA WAS STILL IN OFFICE:

Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

A study done by economists at Harvard and Princeton agree that 95% of Obamajobs were part time or short-term contract work.

And lets not forget Obama's "shovel ready jobs" that never existed and his "green jobs" deal that he shoved billions into and those companies all went under. Telling us to get used to 1% GDP? Obama ran on saying he could turn the economy around. Instead he presided over the slowest economic recovery in the history of our nation. But he was half-black, he had that going for him.Oh yea, remember Obama asking where the magic wand was that was going to bring all these manufacturing jobs back?

Well Obama I can tell you where the magic wand is. In the White House.
Lying deplorable human scum, you've already been schooled after telling this lie, so why do you repeat it??

Why Is The GOP Senate So Afraid To Call Witnesses??

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

So your proof that I'm wrong is a link to your own reply in another thread that provides absolutely no proof? Just your opinion? A bunch of made up numbers with absolutely no link to a source?

And you call me lying scum you stupid sack of shit.

Back up your bullshit or retract. Backing up your bullshit with more of your bullshit isn't considered backing up your bullshit, dumbfuck.
It's not opinion, dumbfuck. It ess already shown on this thread the study covered the years 2005-2015, not the Obama years, which spanned from 2009-2016. It was also shown on this thread that part time jobs skyrocketed in 2008 through the end of Bush's Great Recession. And of course, I had already informed you of that last time you tried telling this lie.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

So you still can't produce proof of your made up numbers but we produce multiple sources to show that Obama's jobs were part time work.

Time to retract your bullshit.

So you still can't produce proof of your made up numbers but we produce multiple sources to show that Obama's jobs were part time work.

Nobody has come close to offering any source to show most jobs under Obama were part time work.

The closest anyone has come is a study that did not cover just the Obama years and did not talk about part time jobs but "alternative" work arrangements, the majority of which are contract jobs that are full time and tend to pay better but not have benefits.

Oh, and that study has not been modified by the two men that did it as they found errors in their own work and have since come out and changed their original findings.

Nobody has come close to offering any source to show most jobs under Obama were part time work.

The closest anyone has come is a study that did not cover just the Obama years and did not talk about part time jobs but "alternative" work arrangements, the majority of which are contract jobs that are full time and tend to pay better but not have benefits.

Oh, and that study has not been modified by the two men that did it as they found errors in their own work and have since come out and changed their original findings.
If you read the OP, it appears to make a good case.

However this is a minor criticism of the fake progressive, compared to his overall record of failure. He campaigned as a big progressive in 2006 but once elected, proved to be yet another Wall Street owned corporatist warmonger.

If you read the OP, it appears to make a good case.

However this is a minor criticism of the fake progressive, compared to his overall record of failure. He campaigned as a big progressive in 2006 but once elected, proved to be yet another Wall Street owned corporatist warmonger.

The study quoted in the OP has been updated by its authors who admit to making errors in the first draft of their study. The numbers are far smaller than they initially reported and again it was not part time jobs alone they were talking about.

But I do agree with your assessment of Obama

I can back up the OP with another article from investing.com WHILE OBAMA WAS STILL IN OFFICE:

A study done by economists at Harvard and Princeton agree that 95% of Obamajobs were part time or short-term contract work.

And lets not forget Obama's "shovel ready jobs" that never existed and his "green jobs" deal that he shoved billions into and those companies all went under. Telling us to get used to 1% GDP? Obama ran on saying he could turn the economy around. Instead he presided over the slowest economic recovery in the history of our nation. But he was half-black, he had that going for him.Oh yea, remember Obama asking where the magic wand was that was going to bring all these manufacturing jobs back?

Lying deplorable human scum, you've already been schooled after telling this lie, so why do you repeat it??

So your proof that I'm wrong is a link to your own reply in another thread that provides absolutely no proof? Just your opinion? A bunch of made up numbers with absolutely no link to a source?

Back up your bullshit or retract. Backing up your bullshit with more of your bullshit isn't considered backing up your bullshit, dumbfuck.
It's not opinion, dumbfuck. It ess already shown on this thread the study covered the years 2005-2015, not the Obama years, which spanned from 2009-2016. It was also shown on this thread that part time jobs skyrocketed in 2008 through the end of Bush's Great Recession. And of course, I had already informed you of that last time you tried telling this lie.

Lying deplorable human scum, by "made up numbers," you mean BLS figures; and I proved you're a liar in post #120 where I proved part time employment skyrocketed under Bush, not under Obama.

The PT jobs due to the PPACA lie has been thoroughly debunked with actual BLS data, the same BLS that Tramp uses to claim that his UE rate is 3.5%, And the link to the BLS data was provided more than once in this very thread, so you had to know your post is a lie when you posted it. The BLS data showed that PT jobs for economic reasons DECLINED after the PPACA was passed in March 2010. All your sources cite the same RAND fake study that even the authors walked back once the BLS data was published, proving all Right-wing hacks lie in packs.

The study quoted in the OP has been updated by its authors who admit to making errors in the first draft of their study. The numbers are far smaller than they initially reported and again it was not part time jobs alone they were talking about.
And that is because they averaged their original fake RAND "study" showing a fake 5% increase in with the real data from the BLS and tax returns. Had they not averaged in the fake Rand crap the the numbers would have shown a decrease rather than the slight increase the liars still claim.

Lying deplorable human scum, by "made up numbers," you mean BLS figures; and I proved you're a liar in post #120 where I proved part time employment skyrocketed under Bush, not under Obama.
Bhawawahahaha!!

Under the ACA, a full-time employee is an employee who works on average either 1) 30 hours or more per workweek or 2) 130 hours during a month. Employers that have more than 50 employees who meet either of these full-time thresholds are required to comply with the ACA.
upload_2020-1-23_10-34-10.pngwww.employmentlawhandbook.com › aca

Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Employment Law Handbook

He changed what was considered full time jobs like a good commie.

Bhawawahahaha!!

Under the ACA, a full-time employee is an employee who works on average either 1) 30 hours or more per workweek or 2) 130 hours during a month. Employers that have more than 50 employees who meet either of these full-time thresholds are required to comply with the ACA.
View attachment 302067www.employmentlawhandbook.com › aca

Dumbfuck, that didn't change BLS criteria for what designated part time work. That remained at 35 hours/week. And as the BLS charts I posted showed, part time jobs did not grow after the passage of ACA or the implementation of it. What did grow at a steady rate was full time jobs.

Part time jobs exploded during Bush's Great Recession and then leveled off after that ended.

Last edited:

Bhawawahahaha!!

The data used to measure PT jobs for economic reasons came from the BLS which did NOT change its definition of PT and FT jobs.
Try another deception!

Bhawawahahaha!!

The data used to measure PT jobs for economic reasons came from the BLS which did NOT change its definition of PT and FT jobs.
Try another deception!
wrong

Read this real carefully so you may understand. The fact that 30 hours a week is full time changes the metric.

Because the ACA defines a full-time worker as one working 30 hours or more per week, employers subject to the employer mandate may reduce or avoid penalties by keeping workers' hours below the 30-hour threshold, thereby increasing the amount of involuntary part-time employment.
upload_2020-1-23_11-16-23.pngwww.urban.org › sites › default › files › publication › 2001158-recent-e...

Recent Evidence on the ACA and Employment - Urban Institute

Read this real carefully so you may understand. The fact that 30 hours a week is full time changes the metric.

Because the ACA defines a full-time worker as one working 30 hours or more per week, employers subject to the employer mandate may reduce or avoid penalties by keeping workers' hours below the 30-hour threshold, thereby increasing the amount of involuntary part-time employment.
View attachment 302076www.urban.org › sites › default › files › publication › 2001158-recent-e...

The BLS does NOT use the PPACA metric, they use the BLS metric which has not changed.
Concepts and Definitions (CPS)
Usual full time and usual part time
In Current Population Survey (CPS) statistics published by BLS, people are classified as full- or part-time workers based on the number of hours they usually work each week.
  • Full-time workers are those who usually work 35 or more hours per week.
  • Part-time workers are those who usually work fewer than 35 hours per week.
The CPS definitions of full time and part time are for statistical purposes only. They are not legal definitions.

Bhawawahahaha!!

Try another deception!
wrong
Imbecile, the BLS did not change their definition for part time. It's still less than 35 hours a week...

And it's that definition the BLS uses to measure part time employment.

You rightards are simply brain-dead zombies who are incapable of learning.

View attachment 302076www.urban.org › sites › default › files › publication › 2001158-recent-e...

The BLS does NOT use the PPACA metric, they use the BLS metric which has not changed.
Usual full time and usual part time
In Current Population Survey (CPS) statistics published by BLS, people are classified as full- or part-time workers based on the number of hours they usually work each week.
The CPS definitions of full time and part time are for statistical purposes only. They are not legal definitions.
^^^ great minds...

Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time
The decline of conventional full-time work has impacted every demographic. Whether this change is good or bad depends on what kinds of jobs people want. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger. ”
Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time

The relationship between Obamacare and part-time work is because of this requirement of Obamacare:
ObamaCare’s “employer mandate” is a requirement that all businesses with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees (FTE) provide health insurance to at least 95% of their full-time employees and dependents up to age 26, or pay a fee. ObamaCare Employer Mandate

Up to 250,000 positions may have been eliminated by small businesses seeking to avoid Obamacare’s employer mandate, according to estimates in a new working paper distributed by the National Bureau of Economic Research. Altogether between 28,000 and 50,000 businesses appear to have reduced their number of full-time employees from 2014 to 2016 because of the mandate.
Businesses eliminated hundreds of thousands of full-time jobs to avoid Obamacare mandate

So for example employer health insurance cost the employer on average "Coverage with employer health insurance averaged $409 a month per person."
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/re.../much-companies-pay-employer-health-insurance

So a small employer with say 49 employees wants to hire the 50th employee.
Monthly cost for health insurance by hiring that 50th employee: 50 times $409 equals $20,450/month
$245,400 per year directly from the bottom line of the business.

This small firm with 50 employees average gross revenue: $3,600,000
How Does Your Revenue Stack Up to Other Small Businesses? | QuickBooks
Net profit average per small firm is about 16%
What’s a Good Profit Margin for a New Business?
So now this small business with a net profit of $575,000 has this profit reduced due to Obamacare :
Net income before Obamacare: $575,000
Health insurance premium: 245,400
Net income after premium $330,276
percent reduction in net: Nearly 60% reduction in income.

HENCE...the employer says: hmmm well I won't hire one full time but two part-time!!!

Have been out of the job market several years since retirement. Is it different now? Are fulltime new positions outnumbering part time?

Forum List

Back