Obama's job growth were part-time jobs...partially due to Obamacare!

Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time
The decline of conventional full-time work has impacted every demographic. Whether this change is good or bad depends on what kinds of jobs people want. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger. ”
Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time

The relationship between Obamacare and part-time work is because of this requirement of Obamacare:
ObamaCare’s “employer mandate” is a requirement that all businesses with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees (FTE) provide health insurance to at least 95% of their full-time employees and dependents up to age 26, or pay a fee. ObamaCare Employer Mandate

Up to 250,000 positions may have been eliminated by small businesses seeking to avoid Obamacare’s employer mandate, according to estimates in a new working paper distributed by the National Bureau of Economic Research. Altogether between 28,000 and 50,000 businesses appear to have reduced their number of full-time employees from 2014 to 2016 because of the mandate.
Businesses eliminated hundreds of thousands of full-time jobs to avoid Obamacare mandate

So for example employer health insurance cost the employer on average "Coverage with employer health insurance averaged $409 a month per person."
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/re.../much-companies-pay-employer-health-insurance

So a small employer with say 49 employees wants to hire the 50th employee.
Monthly cost for health insurance by hiring that 50th employee: 50 times $409 equals $20,450/month
$245,400 per year directly from the bottom line of the business.

This small firm with 50 employees average gross revenue: $3,600,000
How Does Your Revenue Stack Up to Other Small Businesses? | QuickBooks
Net profit average per small firm is about 16%
What’s a Good Profit Margin for a New Business?
So now this small business with a net profit of $575,000 has this profit reduced due to Obamacare :
Net income before Obamacare: $575,000
Health insurance premium: 245,400
Net income after premium $330,276
percent reduction in net: Nearly 60% reduction in income.

HENCE...the employer says: hmmm well I won't hire one full time but two part-time!!!

Have been out of the job market several years since retirement. Is it different now? Are fulltime new positions outnumbering part time?

Always have been

Read this real carefully so you may understand. The fact that 30 hours a week is full time changes the metric.

Because the ACA defines a full-time worker as one working 30 hours or more per week, employers subject to the employer mandate may reduce or avoid penalties by keeping workers' hours below the 30-hour threshold, thereby increasing the amount of involuntary part-time employment.
View attachment 302076www.urban.org › sites › default › files › publication › 2001158-recent-e...

Recent Evidence on the ACA and Employment - Urban Institute
The BLS does NOT use the PPACA metric, they use the BLS metric which has not changed.
Concepts and Definitions (CPS)
Usual full time and usual part time
In Current Population Survey (CPS) statistics published by BLS, people are classified as full- or part-time workers based on the number of hours they usually work each week.
  • Full-time workers are those who usually work 35 or more hours per week.
  • Part-time workers are those who usually work fewer than 35 hours per week.
The CPS definitions of full time and part time are for statistical purposes only. They are not legal definitions.
^^^ great minds...
Where I come from you work 40 plus hours a week. Anybody who thinks they can work less and not improve their life is a liberal. I worked 50 hours a week most of my life and one job I did 65 hours a week.

Read this real carefully so you may understand. The fact that 30 hours a week is full time changes the metric.

Because the ACA defines a full-time worker as one working 30 hours or more per week, employers subject to the employer mandate may reduce or avoid penalties by keeping workers' hours below the 30-hour threshold, thereby increasing the amount of involuntary part-time employment.
View attachment 302076www.urban.org › sites › default › files › publication › 2001158-recent-e...

The BLS does NOT use the PPACA metric, they use the BLS metric which has not changed.
In Current Population Survey (CPS) statistics published by BLS, people are classified as full- or part-time workers based on the number of hours they usually work each week.
The CPS definitions of full time and part time are for statistical purposes only. They are not legal definitions.
^^^ great minds...
Where I come from you work 40 plus hours a week. Anybody who thinks they can work less and not improve their life is a liberal. I worked 50 hours a week most of my life and one job I did 65 hours a week.
LOL

No one gives a shit about where you come from. I had a week where I worked 100 hours, 38 in one day (shift) alone that week. No one gives a shit about that either.

What matters is what the BLS defines as part time and they define part ti.e as less than 35 hours. And their definition has been like that for many decades and has not changed. ACA did not change their definition. Obama's change only affected who was required to be covered by employers for insurance purposes.

And the BLS showed no increase in part time employment following ACA. In fact, it shows a steady decrease for economic reasons. It also shows that exploded under Bush, not Obama.

Did you vote for Bush?

The decline of conventional full-time work has impacted every demographic. Whether this change is good or bad depends on what kinds of jobs people want. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger. ”

The relationship between Obamacare and part-time work is because of this requirement of Obamacare:
ObamaCare’s “employer mandate” is a requirement that all businesses with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees (FTE) provide health insurance to at least 95% of their full-time employees and dependents up to age 26, or pay a fee. ObamaCare Employer Mandate

Up to 250,000 positions may have been eliminated by small businesses seeking to avoid Obamacare’s employer mandate, according to estimates in a new working paper distributed by the National Bureau of Economic Research. Altogether between 28,000 and 50,000 businesses appear to have reduced their number of full-time employees from 2014 to 2016 because of the mandate.
Businesses eliminated hundreds of thousands of full-time jobs to avoid Obamacare mandate

So for example employer health insurance cost the employer on average "Coverage with employer health insurance averaged $409 a month per person."
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/re.../much-companies-pay-employer-health-insurance

So a small employer with say 49 employees wants to hire the 50th employee.
Monthly cost for health insurance by hiring that 50th employee: 50 times $409 equals $20,450/month
$245,400 per year directly from the bottom line of the business.

This small firm with 50 employees average gross revenue: $3,600,000
How Does Your Revenue Stack Up to Other Small Businesses? | QuickBooks
Net profit average per small firm is about 16%
What’s a Good Profit Margin for a New Business?
So now this small business with a net profit of $575,000 has this profit reduced due to Obamacare :
Net income before Obamacare: $575,000
Health insurance premium: 245,400
Net income after premium $330,276
percent reduction in net: Nearly 60% reduction in income.

HENCE...the employer says: hmmm well I won't hire one full time but two part-time!!!

Have been out of the job market several years since retirement. Is it different now? Are fulltime new positions outnumbering part time?
They have been since June, 2009, when Bush's Great Recession ended. Praised be Obama.

^^^ great minds...
LOL

No one gives a shit about where you come from. I had a week where I worked 100 hours, 38 in one day (shift) alone that week. No one gives a shit about that either.

What matters is what the BLS defines as part time and they define part ti.e as less than 35 hours. And their definition has been like that for many decades and has not changed. ACA did not change their definition. Obama's change only affected who was required to be covered by employers for insurance purposes.

And the BLS showed no increase in part time employment following ACA. In fact, it shows a steady decrease for economic reasons. It also shows that exploded under Bush, not Obama.

Did you vote for Bush?
I did, twice. You know a lot of that was because people knew Obama was going to get elected and cut the deadwood, stopped investing, and hunkered down to wait out his commie plans. If the republicans hadn't won back the senate in 2010 this country would already been screwed.

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
I did, twice. You know a lot of that was because people knew Obama was going to get elected and cut the deadwood, stopped investing, and hunkered down to wait out his commie plans. If the republicans hadn't won back the senate in 2010 this country would already been screwed.
"I did, twice."

Ah, so you're part of the problem.

The rest of your post reflects your rightardism...

"people knew Obama was going to get elected and cut the deadwood, stopped investing, and hunkered down to wait out his commie plans."

That's utter dementia. Many people were forced to stop investing as lenders went bankrupt and credit markets locked up. That was in 2007 and started before Obama even announced he was running.

"If the republicans hadn't won back the senate in 2010 this country would already been screwed."

That's also rightarded hallucination as GDP flipped back to positive growth in 2009 and job growth began its unprecedented 107 consecutive month streak in 2010, a full year before Republicans took control of the House.

But I see you're a very obedient and loyal rightard, blaming Democrats for Republican failures and crediting Republicans for Democrat successes. I have no doubt the herd is very proud and appreciative of your efforts.
thumbsup.gif

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

"people knew Obama was going to get elected and cut the deadwood, stopped investing, and hunkered down to wait out his commie plans."

That's utter dementia. Many people were forced to stop investing as lenders went bankrupt and credit markets locked up. That was in 2007 and started before Obama even announced he was running.

"If the republicans hadn't won back the senate in 2010 this country would already been screwed."

That's also rightarded hallucination as GDP flipped back to positive growth in 2009 and job growth began its unprecedented 107 consecutive month streak in 2010, a full year before Republicans took control of the House.

But I see you're a very obedient and loyal rightard, blaming Democrats for Republican failures and crediting Republicans for Democrat successes. I have no doubt the herd is very proud and appreciative of your efforts.
thumbsup.gif
Obama announced in February 07 so that is wrong.

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

And he was a fringe candidate that most thought was just there to get exposure for maybe the VP slot. Nobody in 2007 thought he would win.

You are full of shit

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

On February 10, 2007, Barack Obama, then-junior United States Senator from Illinois, announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States in Springfield, Illinois. Obama announced his candidacy at the Old State Capitol building, where Abraham Lincoln had delivered his "House Divided" speech.
Candidate: Barack Obama; U.S. Senator 2005...
Campaign: U.S. Democratic presidential prima...
upload_2020-1-23_13-56-51.pngen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Barack_Obama_2008_presidential_primary_c...

Barack Obama 2008 presidential primary campaign - Wikipedia

The dirty deed had been done in 09.

Actually I'm an independent. Voted for Carter, My first election. Didn't vote for Reagan. Voted for Bush Sr. Voted twice for Clinton. Voted twice for Bush. Didn't vote for Obama cause he is a commie. Voted for Trump and will do so again.

LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

And he was a fringe candidate that most thought was just there to get exposure for maybe the VP slot. Nobody in 2007 thought he would win.

You are full of shit
I did as well as my boss and all our customers.

LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

You are full of shit
I'm going to show you something. I want you to pay attention to the signs. He is not running for office. He is just there to give a speech. Now why would they have those signs? Answer that question honestly please.

In the video they keep saying nobody knows who this guy is? Where did all the signs come from then?

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif
LOL

That was about a month after lenders started filing bankruptcies...

List of banks acquired or bankrupted during the Great Recession

Don't you ever get tired of being such a rightarded loser?

giphy.gif

LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

You are full of shit

Liar

^^^ great minds...
LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

On February 10, 2007, Barack Obama, then-junior United States Senator from Illinois, announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States in Springfield, Illinois. Obama announced his candidacy at the Old State Capitol building, where Abraham Lincoln had delivered his "House Divided" speech.
View attachment 302102en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Barack_Obama_2008_presidential_primary_c...

Actually I'm an independent. Voted for Carter, My first election. Didn't vote for Reagan. Voted for Bush Sr. Voted twice for Clinton. Voted twice for Bush. Didn't vote for Obama cause he is a commie. Voted for Trump and will do so again.
And the economy was already cracking before Obama even announced he was running. In 2005, house prices began dropping. In 2006, there were a record number of foreclosures (up until then). In 2007, lenders were going under and Bush's Great Recession began by the end of that year. That led to the economy collapsing in 2008.

It's beyond evident you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and that you possess a complete lack of personal responsibility, leading you to blame others for your own failures in life.

LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif
LOL

That was about a month after lenders started filing bankruptcies...

List of banks acquired or bankrupted during the Great Recession

Don't you ever get tired of being such a rightarded loser?

giphy.gif
Read this.

Banking Collapse of 2008: Three weeks that changed the world

LOL

Did you vote for Bush?
"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

View attachment 302102en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Barack_Obama_2008_presidential_primary_c...

And the economy was already cracking before Obama even announced he was running. In 2005, house prices began dropping. In 2006, there were a record number of foreclosures (up until then). In 2007, lenders were going under and Bush's Great Recession began by the end of that year. That led to the economy collapsing in 2008.

It's beyond evident you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and that you possess a complete lack of personal responsibility, leading you to blame others for your own failures in life.
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I lost $2 million with AIG. It took two years but I got it back. Even still I retired spring of 09 because I wanted nothing to do with Obama.

"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

You are full of shit

Liar
nope

"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

You are full of shit

Liar
By the way you didn't answer my question. If nobody knew who he was then why all the Obama signs when he wasn't running for office but just there to give a speech? You got played by the machine and you won't admit it. Like with the Greek columns and reverb mike and the halo lighting. You bought a pig in a poke. LMAO!!!!

"I did, twice."

thumbsup.gif

You are full of shit

Liar
By the way you didn't answer my question. If nobody knew who he was then why all the Obama signs when he wasn't running for office but just there to give a speech? You got played by the machine and you won't admit it. Like with the Greek columns and reverb mike and the halo lighting. You bought a pig in a poke. LMAO!!!!

Have not watched the video yet, not in a place to do so right now.

Does not change the fact that you are full of shit about people making changes in 07 due to the impending Obama victory.

Forum List

Back