Obama Thinks A 5% Pay Cut Is Enough. My Pay Is Getting Cut 25%

Well, I am an expert in healthcare, having worked for a provider for 15 years, and an insurance biller for more than 2 years. But don't take my word for it. I suspect you don't know that much about your field, either.

I know what I know about my field, however it is constantly changing and is tough to keep up with, however I do my best, make sure my company complies with the ever changing laws and complexities of the business.

At least you admit to not knowing much, I appreciate that.

Where did I admit that? You're being intellectually dishonest...and therefore, not fit to be engaged. I held out the hope that you could respectfully disagree, but you're a typical troll...so, off to ignore with you too.

When you said:
I suspect you don't know that much about your field, either.

WOW! An insurance biller for 2 years. You've got the health care industry by the tail! NOT! One thing about it, you are good for a laugh~

Last month, just had a week's stint in the hospital for anemia. Bill was $24,000. The hospital hiked charges on everything. Drs. visited (and charged) everyday. A bottle of Ibuprofen costs, over the counter, perhaps $2/per 30 pills. A single Ibuprofen, in the hospital costs $2. Why?
Why did they order a CT Scan, which cost $2200, when a chest X-ray ( at $50)would have sufficed? Because doctors and providers (hospitals) are "on the take" and complicit in driving up healthcare costs, by prescribing unnecessary tests and procedures. Obamacare and Medicare work toward paying the actual costs of procedures, testing and hospital stays...but that all works against the drug, insurance and provider industries, which are all too willing to give kickbacks and perks to legislators (more often than not, Republicans) who side with them against the consumer patients.

Hope, you are doing better, a week, yuk, I would hate that.

So, what is the actual cost for running a hospital? Some of the new equipment is in the millions.

I don't even blame the doctors for prescribing "unnecessary" tests. It's usually called covering your ass, because if the doctor makes a mistake and loses a patient, he can get sued. It's a fine line.

I'm no expert in healthcare and I have never operated a hospital or ran an insurance company, so I'm not sure what you are saying as anyone that is on the take or not.

I do know that insurance companies contributed heavily to Obama and Democrats. So, who really is on the take? I honestly think it is politicians, and their party is not the issue. Business and politicians seem to be linked.

Well, I am an expert in healthcare, having worked for a provider for 15 years, and an insurance biller for more than 2 years. But don't take my word for it. I suspect you don't know that much about your field, either.

The definition of 'expert' is a Drip formerly under pressure.

Ibuprofen in the hospital costs $2 because there is a pharmacist who has to dispense it, a pneumatic tube system that has to bring it to the unit, a nurse who has to give it, a clerk who has to do the paperwork, and a little paper cup to give it in to keep it clean. But dead heads like you are completely unawre of this.

The CT scan was to see if you had a GI bleed causing you to be anemic, something a regular X-ray would not show. DUH! Next time you give the orders and maybe you won't be here griping about it.

Pardon me, but please talk about things you know. The CT scan was to determine whether or not I had pneumonia. Drug costs are inflated because the drug companies hike the price. I have worked in healthcare for almost 20 years, and know more than you, sweetheart. Now, you could give me insight on "hookin', though.

Yeah right. You know more than I do. LMAO. Since when does the janitor know more than the NP? LMAO you are such a loquacious little prick. Next time take your own damn ibuprofen. And diagnose your own 'anemia'. Fool.

Your "pointed" tone, indicates that I have successfully "pushed your buttons", and you've "lost it". LOL. Janitor? Certified Cardiopulmonary technologist, in charge of Bronchoscopy, by NBRC, bitch. What were you? A ward clerk? LOL

"Poet" is like the guy in the circus who goes around behind the elephants scooping up their shit. Someone asks him why he doesn't get a better job and he replies "What? And leave show business?"

Sez the $5 crack ho.

I know what I know about my field, however it is constantly changing and is tough to keep up with, however I do my best, make sure my company complies with the ever changing laws and complexities of the business.

Where did I admit that? You're being intellectually dishonest...and therefore, not fit to be engaged. I held out the hope that you could respectfully disagree, but you're a typical troll...so, off to ignore with you too.

When you said:

WOW! An insurance biller for 2 years. You've got the health care industry by the tail! NOT! One thing about it, you are good for a laugh~

I got my insurance license in Tennessee a few years back. Was gonna work for NCOA. I didn't like getting doors slammed in my face so I didn't stay long.

It is not a very difficult field of endeavor.

Hope, you are doing better, a week, yuk, I would hate that.

So, what is the actual cost for running a hospital? Some of the new equipment is in the millions.

I don't even blame the doctors for prescribing "unnecessary" tests. It's usually called covering your ass, because if the doctor makes a mistake and loses a patient, he can get sued. It's a fine line.

I'm no expert in healthcare and I have never operated a hospital or ran an insurance company, so I'm not sure what you are saying as anyone that is on the take or not.

I do know that insurance companies contributed heavily to Obama and Democrats. So, who really is on the take? I honestly think it is politicians, and their party is not the issue. Business and politicians seem to be linked.

His 'expertise' has come from 2 years as an insurance coder! OMG, how funny is that!
haha_smilie.gif

When you said:

I got my insurance license in Tennessee a few years back. Was gonna work for NCOA. I didn't like getting doors slammed in my face so I didn't stay long.

It is not a very difficult field of endeavor.

I got one in TN as well and kept it for several years, but never used it. You are right, it wasn't difficult.

Actually, he doesn't have to have any particular licence to be an in insurance coder. All he has to do is punch in the diagnosis code from the diagnosis the provider gives, and the computer does the rest. He is basically a keypunch operator. That's all.

Last month, just had a week's stint in the hospital for anemia. Bill was $24,000. The hospital hiked charges on everything. Drs. visited (and charged) everyday. A bottle of Ibuprofen costs, over the counter, perhaps $2/per 30 pills. A single Ibuprofen, in the hospital costs $2. Why?
Why did they order a CT Scan, which cost $2200, when a chest X-ray ( at $50)would have sufficed? Because doctors and providers (hospitals) are "on the take" and complicit in driving up healthcare costs, by prescribing unnecessary tests and procedures. Obamacare and Medicare work toward paying the actual costs of procedures, testing and hospital stays...but that all works against the drug, insurance and provider industries, which are all too willing to give kickbacks and perks to legislators (more often than not, Republicans) who side with them against the consumer patients.

Ibuprofen in the hospital costs $2 because there is a doctor who has to order it, pharmacist who has to dispense it, a pneumatic tube system that has to bring it to the unit, a nurse who has to give it, a clerk who has to do the paperwork, and a little paper cup to give it in to keep it clean. But dead heads like you are completely unaware of any of this.

The CT scan was to see if you had a GI bleed causing you to be anemic, something a regular X-ray would not show. DUH! Next time you give the orders. Maybe we will get lucky and you won't be here griping about it, shithead.

I agree with the sentiments, but a CT scan won't show a GI bleed. It would be nice if it did. However, it can show a lot of other stuff that is on the differential.

Nothing is more irritating than patients that present with a complaint and then interfere with your work up. Good thing the CT scan was negative here (assumedly), if it was positive - I am sure it would be viewed as money well spent. If I had the ability to know what a CT scan would show prior to ordering it, I wouldn't be wasting my time in residency right now.

Also annoying: patients who think we get some sort of miraculous kickback for ordering extra tests and giving extra drugs.

Don't mind her....she is speaking way above her pay grade.
As a ex-cardiopulmonary tech, I knew I didn't have pneumonia, but as doctors are prone to "covering their asses", and ruling out the possibility, they thought it best that a CT scan be done....shame that it costs $2200. Oh, well.
Maybe annoying to doctors worth their salt, but you can't tell me that there aren't doctors "in cahoots' with hospitals, ordering unnecessary tests.

Ibuprofen in the hospital costs $2 because there is a doctor who has to order it, pharmacist who has to dispense it, a pneumatic tube system that has to bring it to the unit, a nurse who has to give it, a clerk who has to do the paperwork, and a little paper cup to give it in to keep it clean. But dead heads like you are completely unaware of any of this.

The CT scan was to see if you had a GI bleed causing you to be anemic, something a regular X-ray would not show. DUH! Next time you give the orders. Maybe we will get lucky and you won't be here griping about it, shithead.

I agree with the sentiments, but a CT scan won't show a GI bleed. It would be nice if it did. However, it can show a lot of other stuff that is on the differential.

Nothing is more irritating than patients that present with a complaint and then interfere with your work up. Good thing the CT scan was negative here (assumedly), if it was positive - I am sure it would be viewed as money well spent. If I had the ability to know what a CT scan would show prior to ordering it, I wouldn't be wasting my time in residency right now.

Also annoying: patients who think we get some sort of miraculous kickback for ordering extra tests and giving extra drugs.

[LOL. My bad. You have to remember I work in Psychiatry. I order many CT scans. There are so many in the age group I work with who have early stage dementia. It is not QUOTE]

I rest my case. Why am I not surprised. LMAO. Psychiatry, indeed.

As a ex-cardiopulmonary tech, I knew I didn't have pneumonia, but as doctors are prone to "covering their asses", and ruling out the possibility, they thought it best that a CT scan be done....shame that it costs $2200. Oh, well.
Maybe annoying to doctors worth their salt, but you can't tell me that there aren't doctors "in cahoots' with hospitals, ordering unnecessary tests.

Damn, you've had all sorts of low food chain jobs. You are the perfect example of downward mobility. And just because you piss someone off, it doesn't mean you are right. It means you are being inappropriate. As you have been since the day you logged on. You can claim anything you want. There are people on here I have met personally, and they have seen my licenses. So fuck off you penny ante loser!

When you said:

Unable to detect sarcasm is a grave fault...sorry you didn't get my tonality. Yes, been on both sides of the fence. So I'm aware of the red tape and the necessary "medical justification for services" demanded by insurance companies before they are willing to pay a claim. I also have worked directly under "world-renown" physicians. You?

His 'expertise' has come from 2 years as an insurance coder! OMG, how funny is that!
haha_smilie.gif

And 15 years as a clinician, bitch!

When you said:

Unable to detect sarcasm is a grave fault...sorry you didn't get my tonality. Yes, been on both sides of the fence. So I'm aware of the red tape and the necessary "medical justification for services" demanded by insurance companies before they are willing to pay a claim. I also have worked directly under "world-renown" physicians. You?

It doesn't matter how many "world-renown" (sic) people you reputation drop, you are still a creepy, mean-spirited moron with bad language skills.

World renown is a noun. World renowned is the adjective. Idiot.

Last edited:

Ibuprofen in the hospital costs $2 because there is a pharmacist who has to dispense it, a pneumatic tube system that has to bring it to the unit, a nurse who has to give it, a clerk who has to do the paperwork, and a little paper cup to give it in to keep it clean. But dead heads like you are completely unawre of this.

The CT scan was to see if you had a GI bleed causing you to be anemic, something a regular X-ray would not show. DUH! Next time you give the orders and maybe you won't be here griping about it.

Pardon me, but please talk about things you know. The CT scan was to determine whether or not I had pneumonia. Drug costs are inflated because the drug companies hike the price. I have worked in healthcare for almost 20 years, and know more than you, sweetheart. Now, you could give me insight on "hookin', though.

Oh, so you're a doctor now? 20 years in healthcare......insurance. Wow, that makes you a doctor.

Obama worked out a deal with pharmaceutical companies 4 years ago. So if the price is going up it's because he's assessing excise taxes or fees on them that you don't know about. Obama Reaches Deal With Drug Companies

Oh, btw, Obama is assessing an extra 2.3% medical equipment charge on anything over $100. If you wonder why the cost of medicine is climbing you can thank your bro in the Oval Office and his "Affordable Health Car Act". Obamacare.

Last edited:

Damn, you've had all sorts of low food chain jobs. You are the perfect example of downward mobility. And just because you piss someone off, it doesn't mean you are right. It means you are being inappropriate. As you have been since the day you logged on. You can claim anything you want. There are people on here I have met personally, and they have seen my licenses. So fuck off you penny ante loser!

LOLOLOLOL. Stupid bitch...I don't believe them any more than I believe you. Suck my dick.

Oh, so you're a doctor now? 20 years in healthcare......insurance. Wow, that makes you a doctor.

Obama worked out a deal with pharmaceutical companies 4 years ago. So if the price is going up it's because he's assessing excise taxes or fees on them that you don't know about. Obama Reaches Deal With Drug Companies

Oh, btw, Obama is assessing an extra 2.3% medical equipment charge on anything over $100. If you wonder why the cost of medicine is climbing you can thank your bro in the Oval Office.

He has tiny winky syndrome.

Oh, btw, Obama is assessing an extra 2.3% medical equipment charge on anything over $100. If you wonder why the cost of medicine is climbing you can thank your bro in the Oval Office.

1 year as ER tech. 15 years (8 years certified) as a Cardiopulmonary tech. 3 years as insurance biller and coder. Obamacare brought costs down and healthcare industries into accountability. Thank you. Now run along.

1 year as ER tech. 15 years (8 years certified) as a Cardiopulmonary tech. 3 years as insurance biller and coder. Obamacare brought costs down and healthcare industries into accountability. Thank you. Now run along.

Well, your response here really underscores the fact that you are just a big liar who makes up shit.

This is mudwhistle's thread. It is YOU who needs to 'run along.' You idiot.

This is mudwhistle's thread. It is YOU who needs to 'run along.' You idiot.

Are you going to make me, in between "tricks", ho?

New Topics

Forum List

Back