School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
It's standard policy for black and hispanic parents to tell their kids to NOT pay for lunch and the stupid white people will let them eat free.

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn?t pay | The Raw Story

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:49 EDT

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.

Parents said that some students cried and went home hungry.

School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.

Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.

It's standard policy for black and hispanic parents to tell their kids to NOT pay for lunch and the stupid white people will let them eat free.

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn?t pay | The Raw Story

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.

School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.

Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.

I don't understand why they were getting lunches for free in the first place. At our elementary school, if you didn't bring a lunch, and weren't on the free lunch program, they gave you a peanut butter sandwich and water. I think that's fair. Of course, I do think the free lunch program is anything but fair. My son was the only one in his class not on the program. Any idea how difficult it is to explain to a severely autistic child why he doesn't get a hot lunch when everyone else in his class does?

"Fortunately?" most of those hot lunches were terrible anyway, and his homemade lunch was much better.

I don't understand why they were getting lunches for free in the first place. At our elementary school, if you didn't bring a lunch, and weren't on the free lunch program, they gave you a peanut butter sandwich and water. I think that's fair. Of course, I do think the free lunch program is anything but fair. My son was the only one in his class not on the program. Any idea how difficult it is to explain to a severely autistic child why he doesn't get a hot lunch when everyone else in his class does?

"Fortunately?" most of those hot lunches were terrible anyway, and his homemade lunch was much better.

Isn't the free lunch program income based?

That is total horse shit.

• Banned

Who knows and who cares.? It's all done on the honor system anyway. The minority parents just say they don't have the money (cause they spend it on drugs and booze) and the school takes their word and feeds their kids for free while the white kids pay.

Yes, it is. It's also a big waste. It would be cheaper for the schools to provide a sandwich, some vegetables sticks, fruit and a drink to every student than it is to provide hot lunches to those who "can't" pay for it. We give foodstamps to families with low income, why do we also have to buy hot lunches for their kids?

Do you know, they wouldn't even allow me to send something to school that could be microwaved for my son so he could have a hot lunch too? Now I'm not saying they should do that for all the kids, but when it's the only kid in the class not on the hot lunch program????

Who knows and who cares.? It's all done on the honor system anyway. The minority parents just say they don't have the money (cause they spend it on drugs and booze) and the school takes their word and feeds their kids for free while the white kids pay.

are you always this much of an asshole?.....or is that what your bigot friends tell you to say?....

Yes because minorities are the only ones who get free lunch.:cuckoo: Go fuck yourself you worthless faggot.

Brought to you by the GOP.

Yes, it is. It's also a big waste. It would be cheaper for the schools to provide a sandwich, some vegetables sticks, fruit and a drink to every student than it is to provide hot lunches to those who "can't" pay for it. We give foodstamps to families with low income, why do we also have to buy hot lunches for their kids?

Do you know, they wouldn't even allow me to send something to school that could be microwaved for my son so he could have a hot lunch too? Now I'm not saying they should do that for all the kids, but when it's the only kid in the class not on the hot lunch program????

I'd be ok with what you said, no hot lunches for anyone. As far as the microwave the teachers just don't want the kids using it.

I'd be ok with what you said, no hot lunches for anyone. As far as the microwave the teachers just don't want the kids using it.

He's low functioning, the teacher would have had to microwave it for him anyway.

He's low functioning, the teacher would have had to microwave it for him anyway.

I don't have a problem with it, but the teachers mentality is if they open the microwave to a student every other kid will want to use it.

[Who knows and who cares.? It's all done on the honor system anyway. The minority parents just say they don't have the money (cause they spend it on drugs and booze) and the school takes their word and feeds their kids for free while the white kids pay.

Yes because minorities are the only ones who get free lunch.:cuckoo: Go fuck yourself you worthless faggot.

HAHAHA. I love driving you libulals ballistic. Your namecalling proves that even you know i'm right. HAHA

If you go to school, your parents are expected to send you with lunch. If you can't afford to send your kids with lunch, then you need to visit the welfare office, or look for a job so you can afford food for your kids.

Isn't income motivation based?

No its not.

Not all schools. Some schools put all the students on the free lunch program because those that really can't afford (or don't want to pay for) the school lunches would feel bad.

Forum List

Back