Obama Thinks A 5% Pay Cut Is Enough. My Pay Is Getting Cut 25%

So tell your employer you don't want health care. Where I work, they have one level of health care so cheap, it's like having nothing at all.

I really don't understand any right winger complaining about jobs. They say government can't make jobs. They tried to put into office a man who was moving one of his companies to China the very month of the election and it was a company doing very well. But he could make a lot more paying people $15 or so a day with no benefits. I thought Republicans were really proud of such greed. Whaaaat? It's only good unless it affects you? Well that's not fair. It's either good or it isn't.

At the end of this year, that option goes away. Employers are going to be required to pay 60% of an employees medical cost, they will also be required to pay a minimum coverage. How the 60% breaks down, it is up for interpretation.

My company estimates another $1-$2 an hour more for each employee, about 100 employees. Say an added $1 per for everyone, an added $800 per day, $4000 a week $204,000 a year. Say the average worker gets $50,000 per year, that is four jobs, either not hired or cut, to save. That or raise prices in a competitive market where the average profit margin is 7%.

I'm not for moving companies overseas, but I'm worried we will take a hit in 2014 and the economy will be crippled worse than now.

Of course we could have had a single payer. But Republicans care about health care company profits over the good of the average American. They can deny it, but it's fucked up when they say one thing and their policies say the exact opposite.

Single-payer is just another Medicare program.

Btw, wtf is a health care company?

Is that some big evil invisible entity?

Where did I admit that? You're being intellectually dishonest...and therefore, not fit to be engaged. I held out the hope that you could respectfully disagree, but you're a typical troll...so, off to ignore with you too.

I put where you admitted it in bold. The word either suggests that neither of us know our field.

So I beat your ass so hard, you ran and put me on ignore.

Wow, as many ass whoopins you get on this board, you will have everyone on ignore.

:lmao:

Ignore List
AsheedMidrarwz Bigfoot boedicca bripat9643 Freewill Grace Grampa Murked U Harry Dresden ima JakeStarkey JBeukema Jeremiah logical4u LogikAndReazon Lonestar_logic Matthew Publius1787 S.J. Samson Shogun sitarro squeeze berry Sunni Man

Tired of getting spanked, huh?

I put where you admitted it in bold. The word either suggests that neither of us know our field.

Wow, as many ass whoopins you get on this board, you will have everyone on ignore.

Ignore List
AsheedMidrarwz Bigfoot boedicca bripat9643 Freewill Grace Grampa Murked U Harry Dresden ima JakeStarkey JBeukema Jeremiah logical4u LogikAndReazon Lonestar_logic Matthew Publius1787 S.J. Samson Shogun sitarro squeeze berry Sunni Man

Still waiting on my first one.

Don't mind her....she is speaking way above her pay grade.
As a ex-cardiopulmonary tech, I knew I didn't have pneumonia, but as doctors are prone to "covering their asses", and ruling out the possibility, they thought it best that a CT scan be done....shame that it costs $2200. Oh, well.
Maybe annoying to doctors worth their salt, but you can't tell me that there aren't doctors "in cahoots' with hospitals, ordering unnecessary tests.

I am not going to try and seicond guess your care without knowing all the facts, but there are plenty of indications for a CT chest to work up a pneumonia - if that's even what they were working up as opposed to something else like a PE or solitary pulmonary nodule or whatever.

Claiming that 17 years doing various tech work in healthcare gives you the expertise to make that call is wrong - and you know it.

Various tech work? Rather, "specific" tech work, and the call was "in my field". I find it funny that folks are so willing to dismiss "blacks", who are knowledgeable and skilled, but have no problem touting their own horns, with questionable credentials, simply because they are white and obviously "right". Mind blowing, the mindsets up in here. And you wound up "second guessing", after all.

You being a butt-reaming asshole might have something to do with it too.

If all of your customers knew you were such a racist you'd be outta a job.

Last edited:
I am not going to try and second guess your care without knowing all the facts, but there are plenty of indications for a CT chest to work up a pneumonia - if that's even what they were working up as opposed to something else like a PE or solitary pulmonary nodule or whatever.

Claiming that 17 years doing various tech work in healthcare gives you the expertise to make that call is wrong - and you know it.

Various tech work? Rather, "specific" tech work, and the call was "in my field". I find it funny that folks are so willing to dismiss "blacks", who are knowledgeable and skilled, but have no problem touting their own horns, with questionable credentials, simply because they are white and obviously "right". Mind blowing, the mindsets up in here. And you wound up "second guessing", after all.

You being a butt-teaming asshole might have something to do with it too.

Darling, you don't know that. I post my mind on my Facebook page, daily....and I'm forever complimented on my candor, humor and outspokenness. I constantly 'read" white folks, who are "out of order", and my white friends "roll". What does that tell you? That something is wrong with them, or you? LOL

Ignore List

That's not what I've seen.

"You just hate me cuz I'm black" is a crutch when somebody's getting their ass handed to them.

Ignore List

w00t! I made a list! And this one has Very Good Company on it!

You being a butt-teaming asshole might have something to do with it too.

Darling, you don't know that. I post my mind on my Facebook page, daily....and I'm forever complimented on my candor, humor and outspokenness. I constantly 'read" white folks, who are "out of order", and my white friends "roll". What does that tell you? That something is wrong with them, or you? LOL

Bob Ewell, you are so funny.

For one thing people are people. My parents didn't raise me to judge everyone by their skin but by their conduct. Assholes are assholes regardless what race they are.

Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

No kidding, there is no fixing stupid, and poet sure fits that. At least he knows wen he is getting his as kicked, he just throws them on ignore or pretends to. LOL!

The best argument I've seen for Obama is that they claim my pay cut is only going to be 20%.

So, that brings into question why Obama thinks he can screw DoD employees while only taking a 5% cut. Personally I think he needs to sign his check and turn it over to the Treasury because he hasn't been earning it since he became President.

Btw, Didn't he raise hell about Romney only having to pay 15% in taxes and yet secretaries were paying much more? Is this argument only a good one for Republicans but Democrats get a pass? I'm a little fed up with the constant double-standards.

I can't figure out why you aren't "thrilled". It's "capitalism", right? Companies are always right? What does Obama have to do with it?

The best argument I've seen for Obama is that they claim my pay cut is only going to be 20%.

So, that brings into question why Obama thinks he can screw DoD employees while only taking a 5% cut. Personally I think he needs to sign his check and turn it over to the Treasury because he hasn't been earning it since he became President.

Btw, Didn't he raise hell about Romney only having to pay 15% in taxes and yet secretaries were paying much more? Is this argument only a good one for Republicans but Democrats get a pass? I'm a little fed up with the constant double-standards.

I can't figure out why you aren't "thrilled". It's "capitalism", right? Companies are always right? What does Obama have to do with it?

I'm a DoD employee and he's POTUS.

This is negligence by the president. That's why my pay hasn't gone up in going on 5 years. Obama also waited till a couple of months ago to hire new employees.......right before a furlough. It makes no sense, unless he just loves being a prick.

That's not what I've seen.

"You just hate me cuz I'm black" is a crutch when somebody's getting their ass handed to them.

You honestly think that I care what you think of me?????? LOLOLOLOL.
And you think that I don't understand that you're operating at a deficit, delusional, in thinking that you and others have, somehow, "handed my ass to me"?????
That's not my reality...and my reality is the only one that counts.
Girl, there are so many reasons to hate me....other than my being black. Start a list.

First off..he didn't screw with anyone..that was congress. The budget originates in the house..

Second off..the pay cut he took was voluntary. It's legislators that didn't vote themselves pay cuts, while voting for one that effects you.

As usual, you are angry with the wrong folks.

Actually, he didn't really take a pay cut either, because as POTUS, he can't do that, the only people that can authorize changes to the President's pay is Congress.

What he did was calculate how much he was making as POTUS, and sent the IRS a check.

Don't mind her....she is speaking way above her pay grade.
As a ex-cardiopulmonary tech, I knew I didn't have pneumonia, but as doctors are prone to "covering their asses", and ruling out the possibility, they thought it best that a CT scan be done....shame that it costs $2200. Oh, well.
Maybe annoying to doctors worth their salt, but you can't tell me that there aren't doctors "in cahoots' with hospitals, ordering unnecessary tests.

I am not going to try and second guess your care without knowing all the facts, but there are plenty of indications for a CT chest to work up a pneumonia - if that's even what they were working up as opposed to something else like a PE or solitary pulmonary nodule or whatever.

You're black?

I work with a lot of techs. I've yet to meet a single one that would argue that they had the training or credentials to diagnose pneumonia or - more specifically - the medical management of an inpatient.

You're stretching on this one and it's painfully obvious. I am sure you a a fine individual in real life, but you are starting to sound ridiculous.

Truth is I made less last year than the year before and I'll make less this year than last. Considering the fact that the price of everything has skyrocketed since Obama became POTUS that isn't a great outlook for my future, and I'm afraid the same goes for just about everyone else. Didn't Obama say he was going to strengthen the Middle-class? Does he intend to strengthen us through causing hardship?

I'm glad to see idiots like poet love the direction the economy is going. He just figures as long as a black man is in the White House the rest is all gravy.

Really now? Want a hankerchef? Maybe a crying towel.

Well yes, I made less this year than last. Barely cracked 100K. But then, I asked to be exempted from overtime whenever possible. It would interfere with the classes I am taking at PSU.

Dumb fucks like you always denigrating unions. Do you know what you would be making without the unions? Now you have the experiance that so many used to have when an employer cut wages without reason. Your employer has a reason. People like you decided that they wanted to cut the amount of spending that the government does. You are part of that, and now you are whining because you got what you wanted.

So we should all hum the union hymn and kneel at the union altar?...

Why is it a government employee doesn't work any harder than they have to? Because they'd end up working themselves out of a job.
And you explain perfectly why you are an inefficient waste of our taxpayer dollars. If isn't an indictment of every government worker most fill a needed role and wok hard, but sometimes you run across a lazy dullard like you and it is a shame you reinforce the stereotype for those that actually put in a hard day's work and take pride in it.

Working yourself to exhaustion doesn't pay in government service. Especially when it comes to manual labor.
Again the loser simpleton mentality from the resentful low wage worker. How about make yourself a higher wage worker instead? Nah, that would require actual work when you can instead post on the internet all day and make excuses about how that is acceptable as work.

I actually got something done while you were pounding keys or your pud or whatever you were pounding. So what you say really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.
Says Mr. post all day on the internet government worker. Nice work, you make me proud as a taxpayer that in between your 20 posts per day you manage to get a few things done.

I do notice that every one on here says shit I know they would never dare to say to my face. All of the folks here on the left talk shit but for some reason I never hear that kind of nonsense in person. Maybe it's because if they did they know what might happen.

The reason you are noticing this is because the rest of us have graduated to being adults. At some point in our teenage years we understood not finding it reasonable to type things like "say it to my face" and "know what might happen" on internet message boards, while you as a middle aged man are either too stupid or immature to have made that leap.

You embarrass yourself.

Look dude I get it, you are frustrated everyone else you think/thought yourself as superior is more successful while you (pretend to) toil away angrier and angrier, no doubt you think the great equalizer is your cro-magnon ability to kick their ass if they dared say it to your face. I'm sure that is frustrating being the loser, and even more so when others dare to challenge your displacement threads where every stupid thing you do and every poor decision you make must be blame on Obama no matter how much of a suspension of disbelief is required. Sucks, I'm sure. Keep on kicking ass man, you'll show 'em! They wouldn't dare say it to your face.

At least my taxpayer dollars support your bs job... you're welcome! Glad to support you.

Last edited:
I'm in a briefing that says 25% of my pay will be gone because of Sequester.

Obama has all of his expenses paid for yet he thinks taking a 5% pay cut will make us happy.

Bullshit!!!!!!

They're telling us to cut out the TV, Cell-Phones, put our Debit card in a bucket of water.

Great advice. Good times.

I've been told all of my deductions will remain in effect yet they will cut 25% of my takehome pay.

If Obama and his fucken family can keep having parties he can afford to pay us.

Not seeing what you are complaining about.... you guys on the right have been screaming about "overpaid" government workers for years.

Oh. Wait. You meant those OTHER government workers. I get it.

Hey, you still got the Slumlord thing going for you.

I'm in a briefing that says 25% of my pay will be gone because of Sequester.

Obama has all of his expenses paid for yet he thinks taking a 5% pay cut will make us happy.

Bullshit!!!!!!

They're telling us to cut out the TV, Cell-Phones, put our Debit card in a bucket of water.

Great advice. Good times.

I've been told all of my deductions will remain in effect yet they will cut 25% of my takehome pay.

If Obama and his fucken family can keep having parties he can afford to pay us.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAzhz29eVec:clap2::clap2::eek::eek:[/ame]

Forum List

Back