Obama Talking About Working Together While He's Working To Split Us Apart

What precisely does the talking point "onerous government regulation" mean?

Why don't you ask Obama? He just said tonight...
And I agree that there are some rules and regulations that do put an unnecessary burden on businesses at a time when they can least afford it. (Applause.) That’s why I ordered a review of all government regulations. So far, we’ve identified over 500 reforms, which will save billions of dollars over the next few years. (Applause.) We should have no more regulation than the health, safety and security of the American people require.

You must have dozed off at that part.

NO One wants this. ONLY in your mind. Stop reading talking points.
Then what precisely does the Tea party talking point "shrink the size of government" mean? What precisely does the talking point "onerous government regulation" mean?

There is a difference between shrink and eliminate.

When your clothes shrink they don't disappear. Of course, for me, it may just be an excuse when in fact I actually increased in girth. :lol:

Immie
But still the same clothes can be consumed by parasites.

What precisely does the talking point "onerous government regulation" mean?

Why don't you ask Obama? He just said tonight...
And I agree that there are some rules and regulations that do put an unnecessary burden on businesses at a time when they can least afford it. (Applause.) That’s why I ordered a review of all government regulations. So far, we’ve identified over 500 reforms, which will save billions of dollars over the next few years. (Applause.) We should have no more regulation than the health, safety and security of the American people require.

You must have dozed off at that part.
And Obama said this because he has minions reading places as this. It's lip service. His campaign continues. His actions to date belie his statement. He wants people to think he's had a change of heart. He's too ensconced in Statism.

Last edited:
Obama gave stimulus a bad name, It's synonymous with epic Obamamomic failures.

($278,000 per job..)

I'm guessing that's why he didn't use the term with this snake oil speech..:dunno:

Well, so we have to wait another 2 weeks to get the specifics...if at all.:doubt:

Obama_Snake_Oil.jpg

Seriously, why couldn't he have given this speech last week from the oval office? did he really need a joint session of Congress?

Seriously, why couldn't he have given this speech last week from the oval office? did he really need a joint session of Congress?

Nooo, he didn't. It is his grandiose feeling based on his true feelings of inferiority that made him "think" it would be perceived as "important." He thinks the voters are still naive.....:lol:

No, that was nothing but Political Grand Standing, and I think it is going to Hurt Him.

He clearly could have laid this plan out from the Oval Office. No need to make a show of it. However Obama and his advisers clearly think the best thing Obama does is talk, and believe doing a lot of it, is his best shot of repairing his Poll Numbers.

I don't think they are right.

I think what the GOP said when they announced they would not respond to the President on air.

basically they said they think Most Americans are sick and tired of Listening to a guy in a suit talk, and would rather just watch football.

About sums it up if you ask me.

For that matter why is he trying to Force Gibson to move jobs to India?

Obama's new Regulations and the Threat of even higher taxes on "the rich" (meaning many Businesses as well) are responsible for Millions of Jobs going over seas themselves.

He's a Hypocrite? Your are damn right he is, But I have known that for a long time now.

Obama gave stimulus a bad name, It's synonymous with epic Obamamomic failures.

($278,000 per job..)

I'm guessing that's why he didn't use the term with this snake oil speech..:dunno:

Well, so we have to wait another 2 weeks to get the specifics...if at all.:doubt:
Of course. He plans another trip across America to sell it and blame Republicans before the Republicans even act.

Obama's new Regulations and the Threat of even higher taxes on "the rich" (meaning many Businesses as well) are responsible for Millions of Jobs going over seas themselves.

He's a Hypocrite? Your are damn right he is, But I have known that for a long time now.
Many of us knew this before the perpetually stupid voted for him and the ObamaMoney...

No, that was nothing but Political Grand Standing, and I think it is going to Hurt Him.

He clearly could have laid this plan out from the Oval Office. No need to make a show of it. However Obama and his advisers clearly think the best thing Obama does is talk, and believe doing a lot of it, is his best shot of repairing his Poll Numbers.

I think what the GOP said when they announced they would not respond to the President on air.

basically they said they think Most Americans are sick and tired of Listening to a guy in a suit talk, and would rather just watch football.

Boehner said he's giving a speech next week.

This BS about responding to every speech the President makes with another speech was started by the Dems and they thought they could use it to undermine Bush when he was President. Basically call him a liar. In effect....go against everything Obama said this evening about working together.

Boehner said he's giving a speech next week.

This BS about responding to every speech the President makes with another speech was started by the Dems and they thought they could use it to undermine Bush when he was President. Basically call him a liar. In effect....go against everything Obama said this evening about working together.
And Obama didn't mean a word of it. His actions to date belie it...and there is no reason but re-election. He hopes the dupes from '08 that he knows he's lost will buy into it again.

Usually when Obama gives a speech he talks about things that he is responsible for but acts like he never did it.

Tonight was no different.

He's talking about people who are living week to week....and they don't have 14 months to wait for things to change. Problem is he's been dilly-dallying for nearly 3 years and he's still talking about a jobs program that just might work....if we just learn to work together.

Obama Goes Big -- and Political -- With $450 Billion Stimulus Plan- Daniel Gross, Y! Finance

President Obama is finally laying out his latest plan to boost economic growth. The particulars are important, and meaningful for an economy laboring under slow growth. The administration believes the package, worth about $450 billion, is good economics. The centerpiece: extending and expanding the existing payroll tax holiday for another year.

SOS

Well, that BS was a total waste of time.

60 seconds after it was over with the applause is gone.

So is his chances of re-election.

correct, it was the same old shit, and we knew it would be.

What's the Tea Party jobs bill look like?

Does anyone still believe in Trickle Down economics?

As all the wealth is already at the top, why is it not trickling down?

Can we dismantle government and accomplish anything as a nation?

Why should I support a Republican plan that so far has failed at every turn?

I haven't heard a Republican plan. Don't expect to either.

I'm not supporting either party. I think when you get right down to it, neither party has a plan. We're a ship without a rudder.

Immie

You haven't heard of the Ryan plan? or Cut, Cap,and Balance? Where have you been? There are plenty of Republican plans out there.

But he said he wanted to be able to say products were made in America!!!!!

Was he lying????

What's the Tea Party jobs bill look like?

Does anyone still believe in Trickle Down economics?

As all the wealth is already at the top, why is it not trickling down?

Can we dismantle government and accomplish anything as a nation?

Why should I support a Republican plan that so far has failed at every turn?

I haven't heard a Republican plan. Don't expect to either.

I'm not supporting either party. I think when you get right down to it, neither party has a plan. We're a ship without a rudder.

Immie

You haven't heard of the Ryan plan? or Cut, Cap,and Balance? Where have you been? There are plenty of Republican plans out there.

Plans that are already written and sitting on Harry Reid's desk.

Forum List

Back