Obama steals a town and gives it to indians

For those who in support of the natives in this situation, what are you going to think when the day comes when the law gives back large parts of Mississippi, Florida, Georgia and Alabama to the Choctaw, Seminole, Chickasaw, Creek and Cherokee people?

The removal of these people from the lands, and their displacement to Oklahama on the "Trail of Tears" was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court back in 1832, but was openly defied by then President Jackson.

I think most people, me included, can see the terrible injustice in that. But to make amends now would be well nigh impossible without crippling those states.

Um...talk to the elders and make some kind of agreement? One that cannot be BROKEN like the government did to the Native they originally kicked off their own land?
Catch more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar.

I am afraid there is no possibility to guarantee that any agreement won't be broken in the future. The rule of the strongest is still in place even if it is with a smoke screen now.

For those who in support of the natives in this situation, what are you going to think when the day comes when the law gives back large parts of Mississippi, Florida, Georgia and Alabama to the Choctaw, Seminole, Chickasaw, Creek and Cherokee people?

The removal of these people from the lands, and their displacement to Oklahama on the "Trail of Tears" was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court back in 1832, but was openly defied by then President Jackson.

I think most people, me included, can see the terrible injustice in that. But to make amends now would be well nigh impossible without crippling those states.

They should have thought of that before they stole the land. Actions have consequences.

Whose to say, if those tribes were given back their land the states of Mississippi, Florida, Georgia and Alabama might flourish.

Well what I don't understand and let me preface this with I AM A KICKASS CONSERVATIVE I don't understand why we treat these souls like they are some third class peoples? Me too up here. I'm freaking out over this because this is wrong. And not addressed.

I t is wrong. It should be addressed.

I would like to think this is the right way, but knowing that obama admin ALWAYS screws somewhere - watch out - because there could be mines hidden in the nowadays reparations as well.

That does not mean that I do not consider it is fair to give back what belongs to the tribes. I do. I am just suspicious as as vile as this admin is, they might hide inside some unexpected consequences.

you know, you have to pass it first in order to learn what is inside.

Tribal lawyers or whoever is hired should be sharks in dealing with the government

Well what I don't understand and let me preface this with I AM A KICKASS CONSERVATIVE I don't understand why we treat these souls like they are some third class peoples? Me too up here. I'm freaking out over this because this is wrong. And not addressed.

I t is wrong. It should be addressed.

I would like to think this is the right way, but knowing that obama admin ALWAYS screws somewhere - watch out - because there could be mines hidden in the nowadays reparations as well.

That does not mean that I do not consider it is fair to give back what belongs to the tribes. I do. I am just suspicious as as vile as this admin is, they might hide inside some unexpected consequences.

you know, you have to pass it first in order to learn what is inside.

Tribal lawyers or whoever is hired should be sharks in dealing with the government

I've been dealing with this for years. For true. I think you know me by now I am not a liar. I've worked so hard on First Nations but outside the realm because you should see what their chiefs are doing to fuck them over.

Its so screwed up.

The EPA didn't make the "decision".

Who did?

My guess would be the Department of the Interior, since they're the ones who deal with that sort of thing.

The tribe had initially made an unrelated request to the EPA over air rights, and that led to the entire issue getting passed around to DoI and DoJ. It's all in the non-hysterical article on this that I posted in this thread.

My guess would be the Department of the Interior, since they're the ones who deal with that sort of thing.

The tribe had initially made an unrelated request to the EPA over air rights, and that led to the entire issue getting passed around to DoI and DoJ. It's all in the non-hysterical article on this that I posted in this thread.

The problem is that you are a hack and not even in the same dimension as "rational."

{The EPA ruled last month that a 1905 federal law opening part of the Wind River Indian Reservation to settlement by non-Indians didn't extinguish the land's reservation status.

The EPA addressed the reservation boundary issue in its decision last month that granted an application from the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribes. The tribes had applied to have the reservation treated as a separate state under the federal Clean Air Act.}

Wyoming asks EPA to reconsider reservation ruling - seattlepi.com

{“My deep concern is about an administrative agency of the federal government altering a state’s boundary and going against over 100 years of history and law,” Mead said in a statement. “This should be a concern to all citizens because, if the EPA can unilaterally take land away from a state, where will it stop?”

Read more: EPA overrides Congress, hands over town to Indian tribes | The Daily Caller
}

And then the worst is they have to go thru so many layers.

It's so wrong. These are their properties. Give it to them.

td, we can't put the citizens of Riverton on the road. The folks of Warren, Texas, face the same issue with the Alabama Coushatta.

However, they can both be placed within the reservations, and that is what the whites are fighting so hard.

Now I know we all hate the EPA and this is making me nervous, but the bottom line is these people were deserved of their land, I've been on First Nations claims for a long time because it is straight out bullshit that these have not been settled.

Get it done.

Now I know we all hate the EPA and this is making me nervous, but the bottom line is these people were deserved of their land, I've been on First Nations claims for a long time because it is straight out bullshit that these have not been settled.

Get it done.

I don't pretend to know the details of the case, BUT if the Indians have a treaty that details the land as theirs, then why would they not simply go to court? There has to be more factors if the EPA is used as a backdoor method of changing the ownership.

td, we can't put the citizens of Riverton on the road. The folks of Warren, Texas, face the same issue with the Alabama Coushatta.

However, they can both be placed within the reservations, and that is what the whites are fighting so hard.

I don't want to put colors on it because it takes it into a different realm. I don't want to do that.

But it is property rights. And I've also fought for the right to own property on rez ground. Now that's a whole different story and you should watch me fight that fight.

Not sure if you know it, but apparently you cannot own land on the rez. So I've been battling that to. I've been busy lately. :eusa_angel:

I certainly hope the governor nullifies this illegal EPA ruling. This illegal administration needs to learn that obamy isn't king. He and his minions don't rule by edict. He will learn this eventually even if it's the hard way.

Hopefully he'll spend years in prison for the shit he pulls by virtue of his czars and appointees.

I certainly hope the governor nullifies this illegal EPA ruling. This illegal administration needs to learn that obamy isn't king. He and his minions don't rule by edict. He will learn this eventually even if it's the hard way.

Hopefully he'll spend years in prison for the shit he pulls by virtue of his czars and appointees.

Just make sure you pay your taxes and shut up. He was elected fair and square.

135171834953.jpg

Forum List

Back