Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army

Seems like everyone is the "thought police" here - very defensive and antagonistic....

Seems like everyone is the "thought police" here - very defensive and antagonistic....
Honey, are you sitting on the top of the fence or just being the referee?

You think I'm sitting on the fence? I read an article, I know nothing of this man.
Common sense tells me it's not a "coincidence" that he was promoted to this position, and that, it is firmly being touted that he's gay.

How am I being a referee?

You think I'm sitting on the fence? I read an article, I know nothing of this man.
Common sense tells me it's not a "coincidence" that he was promoted to this position, and that, it is firmly being touted that he's gay.

Maybe I misunderstood your statement of
I am terribly sorry sweetheart... It just dawned on me...

Maybe I misunderstood your statement of
I am terribly sorry sweetheart... It just dawned on me...

It's no problem, I like when you challenge me ... its a turn on.....

Why is being gay 'the' issue vs the guy's qualifications for the job? Why do gays feel the need to flaunt their disgusting behavior in public?

"Homosexuality is an aberation, a mental unbalance, a hormonal deficiency." Only an aberrant mind would think so.

Wrong, only an educated, well functioning mind realizes that homosexuality is not a normal human condition. About 3% of the population suffers from this condition. They are due our sympathy and empathy, but that does not require that we call their condition "normal".
No, you are defining the orientation as "a mental unbalance", which it is not. It is normal in that heterosexual parents produc homosexual children. You may personally believe they are immoral, but you may not deny them the same civil right as you have and enjoy.

No, one is at liberty to start a thread absent any research at all.

Of course, the thread author has only himself to blame when the premise of his thread is completely destroyed as a consequence of his ignorance of the topic – indeed, it happens quite often, this thread being one of many examples.
Assumed office
June 30, 2015
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Brad Carson
Chief of Staff to the U.S. Secretary of Defense
In office

February 17, 2015 – June 30, 2015
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Mark Lippert
Succeeded by Eric Rosenbach
24th Under Secretary of the Air Force
In office

April 18, 2013 – February 17, 2015
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Erin C. Conaton
Succeeded by Lisa S. Disbrow
Acting United States Secretary of the Air Force
In office

June 2013 – December 2013
Succeeded by Lisa S. Disbrow (acting)
Personal details
Born
Eric Kenneth Fanning
July 2, 1968 (age 47)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, U.S.
Alma mater Dartmouth College (B.A.)
Occupation government official
Eric Fanning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Let's see. He has never served in the Armed Forces, his military related experience has a span of 2 years. Sounds like a good choice for leading the largest branch of the US military. Well qualified, I am sure any general officer would be lesser qualified.
Check and see who the great Secretaries of War and the Navy were in WWII, and check their military careers. Your premise makes an assumption that you did not qualify.

"If that is correct then he was clearly NOT the most qualified and this was another Obama in-your-face appointment." Based on his career, he is certainly well qualified to do the job. Once again, someone failed to do the research.

Check and see who the great Secretaries of War and the Navy were in WWII, and check their military careers. Your premise makes an assumption that you did not qualify.
Jake, we all know it is a political appointment and as such qualifications are not considered in any of the parties when in power. The issue is why is the fanfaring about "openly gay" what makes people think about qualifications other than being homosexual.

"If that is correct then he was clearly NOT the most qualified and this was another Obama in-your-face appointment." Based on his career, he is certainly well qualified to do the job. Once again, someone failed to do the research.
I wonder how many managers do you hire with two years managerial experience even if they worked in the industry/field for years as janitors or mail room boys...or data entry persons or whatever capacity other than management.

Jake, we all know it is a political appointment and as such qualifications are not considered in any of the parties when in power. The issue is why is the fanfaring about "openly gay" what makes people think about qualifications other than being homosexual.
The charge was that he was not military himself. And now you are saying that is not important. Who cares about his orientation? It's not an issue.

His experience with military management was at the higher levels.

You can go be a janitor if you want. You can run all you want but you can't hide.

Forum List

Back