No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

The Beatles had songs about sex and drugs...how immoral of you to like their music.

I understand the Beatles songs about drugs.. But SEX? Nothing really sexy happened on a Beatles album dude.

Unless you got turned on by "Lovely Rita -- Meter Maid"..... :2up:

If the British acted like DJT, they would have banned "Tax Man"....

Things That Can't Be Said:

The Beatles are overrated

But I said it anyway

The Beatles had songs about sex and drugs...how immoral of you to like their music.

I understand the Beatles songs about drugs.. But SEX? Nothing really sexy happened on a Beatles album dude.

But I said it anyway

you may not like their music, but no one can deny the influence they had on the industry and future generations of bands

If the key problem here concerning mass shootings is a "white supremacist leader spouting racist hate", how you explain all the mass shootings that occurred every year of Obamas stint in the white house?
Exactly. These propaganda parrots want us to believe these mass shootings never happened before Trump. They're as sick as the shooters.

I don't recall a single mass shooter citing President Obama as an inspiration, or quoting President Obama's words in their manifesto. Many of the mass shootings which occurred under Obama were in fact, mentally ill individuals - like the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Aurora movie theater shooting, or disgruntled employees. Only since Trump was elected and emboldened white supremacists and racists with his inflammatory rhetoric have we seen mass killers quoting the President or citing him as an inspiration.

I agree that that the number of white male rampage killings increased under Obama, but the whole racist temperature of the nation started rising considerably, when Trump started his whole birther campaign, claiming that Obama was an illegitmate President. To what extent the levels of escalating white nationalist rhetoric starting escalating in public discourse around the same time, it's hard to tell.

Nice try at "but Obama", but Trump started his Birther Campaign in 2011. Republicans said it was because Obama was "weak". If that's the case, why has it gotten worse under "strongman" Trump?
Show me the quotes. If Trump is responsible for El Paso, Democrats are responsible for Dayton.
Democrats are responsible for Dayton HOW? In what way does the people he shot tie into far left wing nihilist ideology? See, Crusius hated Hispanics for "taking over" the country and he drove many many miles to go to a place where all those Hispanics were, and he shot as many of them as he could.
So far, it sounds as if Betts was a nutcase. No argument that he was a Democrat, but it doesn't seem to have fueled his actions, unless more has come up that I am not aware of.

defense lawyers are now using the ' trump defense ' as a reason for the violence.
crusius' lawyer just did - saying his client was acting upon the words of his president.

And how many nutcases then are being triggered by completely irresponsible words of the nutcases on MSNBC and CNN?

Oh wait that doesn't count I'm sure

But I said it anyway

you may not like their music, but no one can deny the influence they had on the industry and future generations of bands

Influential? yes

Overrated? yes That's beyond taste. They're overrated

But I said it anyway

Influential? yes

That is nothing but taste, and we all have our own.

What sort of music do you listen to?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

What's the problem? I'm sure the governments of other countries talk the their movie industries... China for instance... is there any doubt they talk to their movie producers? Hell, I'm fairly well convinced they talk to Hollywood as well...

Japanese and Taiwanese flags removed from jacket in new Top Gun trailer

But I said it anyway

Influential? yes

That is nothing but taste, and we all have our own.

What sort of music do you listen to?

Almost everything. I do not like death metal, the most offensive rap....gosh, that might be about it. OH, MUZAK. BTW, I didn't say Beatles was not a good band or was not influential, they were both. I'm just saying they weren't the absolute end all or be all...there are others I'd put up there with them.

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

It's NOWHERE NEAR a "satire" -- see my post above.. These echo chambers in Hollywood where the Execs go in and say..

"Well we've done people hunting movies before and made money -- wouldn't it be a GAS to have the Trump supporters hunted"..

"Damn that's a good idea"...

And before I get attacked again for my stance on this... Would NOT matter to me WHO was hunted or WHO were the villains and heroes... My compass would still say the same things about the immorality and irresponsibility of that movie production...

Most folks don't know the original WORKING title of that cynical turdish "horror satire" was "Red State vs Blue State".... That's how badly afflicted Hollywood is with TDS...

See my post above for the link to that fact...
Hey, you're talking to a gal who put her foot down and refused to pay $1 to see Rosemary's Baby because I knew the gratuitous, stupid, sensationalist garbage in film that was going to usher in. And then came The Exorcist, and my suspicions were proven right.
I read both the books; they were good and spooky. I'm not exactly sure why reading them was somehow okay and seeing it on the big screen wasn't; I suppose that's a good question for another day.

If the key problem here concerning mass shootings is a "white supremacist leader spouting racist hate", how you explain all the mass shootings that occurred every year of Obamas stint in the white house?
Exactly. These propaganda parrots want us to believe these mass shootings never happened before Trump. They're as sick as the shooters.

I don't recall a single mass shooter citing President Obama as an inspiration, or quoting President Obama's words in their manifesto. Many of the mass shootings which occurred under Obama were in fact, mentally ill individuals - like the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Aurora movie theater shooting, or disgruntled employees. Only since Trump was elected and emboldened white supremacists and racists with his inflammatory rhetoric have we seen mass killers quoting the President or citing him as an inspiration.

I agree that that the number of white male rampage killings increased under Obama, but the whole racist temperature of the nation started rising considerably, when Trump started his whole birther campaign, claiming that Obama was an illegitmate President. To what extent the levels of escalating white nationalist rhetoric starting escalating in public discourse around the same time, it's hard to tell.

Nice try at "but Obama", but Trump started his Birther Campaign in 2011. Republicans said it was because Obama was "weak". If that's the case, why has it gotten worse under "strongman" Trump?
Show me the quotes. If Trump is responsible for El Paso, Democrats are responsible for Dayton.
Democrats are responsible for Dayton HOW? In what way does the people he shot tie into far left wing nihilist ideology? See, Crusius hated Hispanics for "taking over" the country and he drove many many miles to go to a place where all those Hispanics were, and he shot as many of them as he could.
So far, it sounds as if Betts was a nutcase. No argument that he was a Democrat, but it doesn't seem to have fueled his actions, unless more has come up that I am not aware of.

I just can't wait to see how many nutcases that movie "The Hunt" inspires.
Different argument.

Different argument.

No, it's not at all a different argument. You are saying that words people hear can inspire them to murder. Right? So how much more can words AND VISUALS in the form of movies do the same?

Once you start that ball rolling, you won't like the direction in which it rolls. Not especially with all the loose lips on YOUR side.

defense lawyers are now using the ' trump defense ' as a reason for the violence.
crusius' lawyer just did - saying his client was acting upon the words of his president.
Bad move, Playtime. Lawyers come up with whatever they can think of to wiggle their client out of a conviction. Abusive mother, temporary insanity, whatever. No one should be getting behind what a defense lawyer pulls out of his hat.

Different argument.

No, it's not at all a different argument. You are saying that words people hear can inspire them to murder. Right? So how much more can words AND VISUALS in the form of movies do the same?

Once you start that ball rolling, you won't like the direction in which it rolls. Not especially with all the loose lips on YOUR side.
Sue,the question I was posing was how Democratic or far left ideology fueled the people he chose to kill or why he chose to kill anyone. I'm not seeing a tie in there.

And how many nutcases then are being triggered by completely irresponsible words of the nutcases on MSNBC and CNN?

Oh wait that doesn't count I'm sure

oh dear... are you playing the 'what about game ' to somehow make your stance more palatable? seem so......... gee will you wet your panties if that movie does inspire a whacko? jump up & down saying SEE SEE I TOLD YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet you would. oh & if someone does do something GOD awful like massacre a bunch of innocent souls based on an MSNBC or CNN story or talking pundit, then we'll revisit this post, m'k? lol....

You can't make this shit up.... Trump is heading to a meeting with some social media elites and Hollyweridos.... so...yeah... he is going to be talking to them. That's what they do in meetings.

Bad move, Playtime. Lawyers come up with whatever they can think of to wiggle their client out of a conviction. Abusive mother, temporary insanity, whatever. No one should be getting behind what a defense lawyer pulls out of his hat.

absolutely. but it's yet to be seen whether it will now be used as a valid defense. how awful it will be if it is - it will only open up the floodgates.

Different argument.

Sue,the question I was posing was how Democratic or far left ideology fueled the people he chose to kill or why he chose to kill anyone. I'm not seeing a tie in there.

He didn't leave a manifesto. Making the investigation incomplete NOW. It usually takes about this long when there is no clear manifesto left.

absolutely. but it's yet to be seen whether it will now be used as a valid defense. how awful it will be if it is - it will only open up the floodgates.
The finger pointing is going too far. Trump has a piss poor attitude toward immigrants and immigration generally and it is one of the five top reasons I wish he hadn't won. BUT it is going too far to say this guy was inspired by Trump as if that were the reason he killed all those people. Crusius was steeped in some of the ugliest rhetoric out there, according to people who know the books he was reading.
Trump sets a negative tone and I disagree with that. That's as far as I'll go.

Different argument.

He didn't leave a manifesto. Making the investigation incomplete NOW. It usually takes about this long when there is no clear manifesto left.
I agree we can't say, so let's not tie his political beliefs to the killings until we know. Alright?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

There isn’t enough bandwidth in the world to answer that question

That is a very self serving take on an extremely vague comment.

I'm surprised that you were so restrained in your take on your own assumptions?

Don't you want to call him a "racist" or a "fascist" based on the stuff you made up?

I quoted EXACTLY what he said. You sure hate it when the man you so dearly love, throws softballs out there for criticism.

Forum List

Back