Next Move for the Democratic Party?

Seems like it was the same story in 04…

They came back then. Not sure they can come back again. It’s a different, much more bitter nation. Creating optimism over an individual’s situation isn’t as important as “sticking it” to someone who supposedly did you wrong it seems.

The Democrats aren’t good at playing that game.
Letting men in women's locker rooms was the edge you crossed. Should've waited a few more years.

Waited? The dems shouldn’t have done it at all…
Candycorn is evolving!

The Democrats are a moribund party. They have lost the White House, House and Senate. They have a very small number of governships. A small number of state legislatures. Their leadership is ancient. Harry Reid (soon to be out of office anyway) is over 70. So is Pelosi. Schumer and Warren are over 60. Their up and coming Democrats were wiped out by the Obamacare fiasco. Their ideas have been totally discredited. So now what?

The democratic national party has not experienced a majority male white vote for its presidential candidate since Harry Truman in 1948.

Perhaps it can decide that it needs to start offering rational, qualitative ideas to engage and help native american citizens, rather than importing huge numbers of poor central/south americans and other minorities and buying their votes with promises of welfare benefits/handouts/freebies.

They gave up on whites in the 1940s/1950s, they gave up on helping blacks in the 1960s with the 1965 Immigration Act, so they've become the party of the illegal alien/south american. Not a winning strategy.

I would ask you to back that up with facts but you won’t. You still have your guns—after 8 years of being told Obama is coming for them. High Income people have more of the nation’s wealth than ever before. Gee, is there a shortage of churches around here????

You’re simply mis-informed.
LOL. Yeah there were no proposals to take guns from people, or make it harder or more expensive to buy them.
The fact that Dems were not successful does not mean that isnt what they stood for.

They came back then. Not sure they can come back again. It’s a different, much more bitter nation. Creating optimism over an individual’s situation isn’t as important as “sticking it” to someone who supposedly did you wrong it seems.

"Sticking it" to white people is the only reason Democrats got power after Reagan decimated you.

Even top Democrats are starting to admit it, and that means the anti-white rhetoric that is a staple of every Democrat's campaign since the 90s is starting to become non-PC.

Optimism is what Trump offered people.

Optimism is the antithesis to what was offered. Here is the greatest hits from the campaign trail…

Muslims are coming to blow you up so I will ban them (i.e. stick it to them).
Illegals are taking your jobs so I will get rid of them (i.e. stick it to them).
Washington is persecuting you so I will propose term limits and drain the swamp (i.e. stick it to them).
The media is biased so I will ban them from covering me (i.e. stick it to them).

I”m humored by the “kinder gentler” Donald we’ve seen over the last few days. His supporters must be having a Maalox moment or two as he has already backed down on the ACA and now the wall (if you haven’t heard; he’s said he’s okay with a fence instead of a wall)….

It shows that he’s starting to accept the reality of the situation.

My guess is that as long as he continues to slap down the press, the GOP will be behind him if he does nothing else except eat Cheetos and drinks diet coke the rest of the time.

I would ask you to back that up with facts but you won’t. You still have your guns—after 8 years of being told Obama is coming for them. High Income people have more of the nation’s wealth than ever before. Gee, is there a shortage of churches around here????

LOL. Yeah there were no proposals to take guns from people, or make it harder or more expensive to buy them.
The fact that Dems were not successful does not mean that isnt what they stood for.

"Sticking it" to white people is the only reason Democrats got power after Reagan decimated you.

Even top Democrats are starting to admit it, and that means the anti-white rhetoric that is a staple of every Democrat's campaign since the 90s is starting to become non-PC.

Optimism is the antithesis to what was offered. Here is the greatest hits from the campaign trail…

Illegals are taking your jobs so I will get rid of them (i.e. stick it to them).
Washington is persecuting you so I will propose term limits and drain the swamp (i.e. stick it to them).
The media is biased so I will ban them from covering me (i.e. stick it to them).

I”m humored by the “kinder gentler” Donald we’ve seen over the last few days. His supporters must be having a Maalox moment or two as he has already backed down on the ACA and now the wall (if you haven’t heard; he’s said he’s okay with a fence instead of a wall)….

My guess is that as long as he continues to slap down the press, the GOP will be behind him if he does nothing else except eat Cheetos and drinks diet coke the rest of the time.
No, this morning he said he was fine with some parts of it being a fence but parts of it will still be a wall. He is showing he is willing to listen and work with people. Something Obama couldn't do.

This isnt a thread about Trump or Republicans, cupcake. What are Democrats going to do now that their party is a hollowed out rind without viable leadership?

Change their name to the Fascist Subversive DemocRAT party.... truth in advertising!

uh no.

Probably what they did in 1992. Get someone to triangulate the most acceptable parts of the GOP dogma with some “tough love” for the base and take their chances. Seems to have worked then. I don’t think it will work as much now. People forget; Reagan and GHWB were gentlemen. They were true gentlemen from a different generation. I think that America where it was not seen as a weakness to know how to dance, not cuss, not speak ill of people (at least in public) is largely a bygone generation. Today, the old feminists who are now in their older years are not asking for doors to be held open for them or for someone to pick up the check. Men who grew up as their counterparts don’t find appeal in chivalry or the appearance of being “weak”.

Today, it’s about making the contest as bitter and humiliating as possible. Trump did do one thing; validate hate and anger. And it worked! Too bad.

He’s now pivoting some toward more sensible and moderated positions. It will be interesting to see what happens if it continues.

What an odd post, when and how did Reagan stick it to white people?

The only white people to be attacked by Democrats are the deplorable racists, I guess that's why you feel personally discriminated against.

You forgot the 'Mexican are rapists' misquote, drone.

Trump promised to bring jobs, get illegal immigration under control and renegotiate trade deals that we deliberately handicap ourselves with.

That is fantastic compared to what I expected he would do back when the primaries were going on(not to mention in 2011, when I thought he was a joke).

Van Jones and Eric Holder and other assholes are sticking it to white people every day.

You will not be able to get away with your usual shit any longer, and you are already starting to lose Europe.

The Democrats are a moribund party. They have lost the White House, House and Senate. They have a very small number of governships. A small number of state legislatures. Their leadership is ancient. Harry Reid (soon to be out of office anyway) is over 70. So is Pelosi. Schumer and Warren are over 60. Their up and coming Democrats were wiped out by the Obamacare fiasco. Their ideas have been totally discredited.
So now what?

Stand up to the neo fascists and obstruct, obstruct and obstruct. We cannot allow one election to take us back to the 19th Century of Robber Barons, poor houses, segregation and anti union forces. I've warned for months that the goal of a Plutocracy was the agenda of the New Right, and now we will face it head on.

Rabbi and others need only look at the protests, a never before phenomena, immediately following the election of Trump and Pence. While a strong defense is necessary to keep our nation secular and democratic, the D Party needs to turn to social media and to expose each the danger Trump represents to the world.

The danger of authoritarianism, extreme nationalism, and the belief or desire of a government that our nation should maintain a strong military capability - with a cavalier attitude toward nuclear weapons - and be prepared to use it aggressively to defend or promote national interests should concern us all.
You amuse me. Keep dancing to a tune only nut jobs can hear. But as Obama says, get in back, you lost.

What an odd post, when and how did Reagan stick it to white people?

The only white people to be attacked by Democrats are the deplorable racists, I guess that's why you feel personally discriminated against.
Keep thinking that, retard.

I am sure those young Democrat black racist thugs in Chicago who attacked the 49 year old Trump supporter also believed they weren't racist deplorables at that moment.

Incorrect.

You (Liberals) are delusional.

You really and truly don't get it.

You're incapable of 'getting it'.

Because, to do so, you would have to admit that sizable pieces of your social engineering agenda were wrong, after all, or, at the very least, not what America wants.

They lost because a demographic they used to represent - blue collar workers - voted against them.

They should start there.
What's the point. While no one was watching they fizzled to 15 governors and they gained 2 Senate seats and 6 House in an presidential election year. One can only imagine where it'll be after the next mid-terms.

Close it down. The Democratic party is now defunct.

Incorrect.

You (Liberals) are delusional.

You really and truly don't get it.

You're incapable of 'getting it'.

Because, to do so, you would have to admit that sizable pieces of your social engineering agenda were wrong, after all, or, at the very least, not what America wants.

Not sure what you mean by that. I will say that the whole bathroom thing was idiotic. Obama raising that to a national level was stupid. As for the “social engineering agenda”…?

Trump promised to bring jobs, get illegal immigration under control and renegotiate trade deals that we deliberately handicap ourselves with.

I forgot that. We can look at the trade deficit each month and mark his progress (or lack thereof).
When the US economy improves the trade deficit increases. But looking at measures is about all the Dems can do at this point.

I forgot that. We can look at the trade deficit each month and mark his progress (or lack thereof).
When the US economy improves the trade deficit increases. But looking at measures is about all the Dems can do at this point.

That’s true. Whatever happens for the next 2 years is 100% the GOP’s fault. They own the entire government and 3/5 of the State houses and so many legislatures….

nope

the next 2 years is going to be Obamas fault.

Just like 2009-2011 was all Bushs fault

Forum List

Back