New York Prosecutors Are Going For The Jugular And Zeroing In On Trump’s Finance Chief

There is no doubt whatsoever that Weisselberg would not be facing this if the guy he worked for wasn't named TRUMP! There is also no doubt whatsoever that more than one person on this board has staked their happiness to seeing a person ruined that they have never met once in their lives. It's sad, really.
I’m happy when tax frauds get prosecuted. I pay my taxes. I get pissed when people think they don’t have to. Especially when it’s wealthy people.

So, max claim of 170k a year while doing taxes for a BILLIONAIRE? sounds like nit picking to me.
This makes it sound like it’s okay to commit tax fraud if you’re rich.

Sorry, being rich doesn’t give you a pass. If you committed tax fraud to a tune of $170k a year, would they go lightly on you?

Besides, this is fraud on Weisselberg’s part. Not Trump’s.

The bigger the numbers overall, the bigger the numbers caused by any unclear questions.

I've seen it in my own life. THe questions I had twenty years ago, look like small potatoes to the ones I have today.

Because it reeks of abuse of power, and selective application of "justice" based on partisan politics not real law enforcement.
Abuse of power to prosecute crimes?

Tax fraud is absolutely prosecuted. It should be. Weisselberg is accused of evading taxes on $1.7 million. This isn’t a small matter. That’s as much money as most people make in an entire lifetime.

Over how long a period of time? And how much of that would stick in a real audit?

I've seen the way that they come at you. They grab everything that they think they might be able to use, and then see if you can defend it.

They do NOT limit themselves to issues of clear misconduct.
Over a 12 year time if I recall correctly.

What is Weisselberg accused of that is not an issue of clear misconduct?

Be concrete. You make generalized claims, but I want you to be specific here. What specifically is your issue with Weisselberg’s indictment.

So, max claim of 170k a year while doing taxes for a BILLIONAIRE? sounds like nit picking to me.

I can't be bothered to read the official charges. I don't put any credibility in their claims enough to spend the time reading it.

Miniscule taxes on $1.7 million IS a total political nitpick to bring criminal charges on!

The bigger the numbers overall, the bigger the numbers caused by any unclear questions.

I've seen it in my own life. THe questions I had twenty years ago, look like small potatoes to the ones I have today.
Nope. Rich people don’t get a pass because they’re rich.

A crime is a crime.

Tell me what was unclear about what was in the indictment.

Miniscule taxes on $1.7 million IS a total political nitpick to bring criminal charges on!
$1.7 million is what the most Americans make in a lifetime.

Imagine if you learned someone paid no taxes their entire life. They’d be prosecuted.

Nope. Rich people don’t get a pass because they’re rich.

A crime is a crime.

Tell me what was unclear about what was in the indictment.

A crime is not a crime. A small mistake is a small mistake. Slamming someone for a small mistake in a complex case is not Justice, it is abuse the system for partisan purposes.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Weisselberg would not be facing this if the guy he worked for wasn't named TRUMP! There is also no doubt whatsoever that more than one person on this board has staked their happiness to seeing a person ruined that they have never met once in their lives. It's sad, really.
I’m happy when tax frauds get prosecuted. I pay my taxes. I get pissed when people think they don’t have to. Especially when it’s wealthy people.

Except poverty-stricken dweebs like yourself fail to realize that civil settlements, not criminal ones, resolve cases like this!
You poor, ignorant, sonofabitch....:abgg2q.jpg:

Imagine if you learned someone paid no taxes their entire life. They’d be prosecuted.

If This guy paid no taxes in his entire lifetime, THAT would be a different matter.

That is the game you are playing, mentioning the numbers out of context.

A crime is not a crime. A small mistake is a small mistake. Slamming someone for a small mistake in a complex case is not Justice, it is abuse the system for partisan purposes.
Forgetting $1.7 million in compensation is not a small mistake.

If This guy paid no taxes in his entire lifetime, THAT would be a different matter.

So forgetting $1.7 million isn’t okay for an average American but it’s okay for rich people?

Hell no.

Except poverty-stricken dweebs like yourself fail to realize that civil settlements, not criminal ones, resolve cases like this!
Why should this be treated as a civil matter?

I've had my returns questioned a couple of times. They start out with the kitchen sink of demands.

That first number? It's bullshit.

He's been too poor his whole life to understand.

In the normal course of finance, even on this level, it usually is!
You poor, ignorant sonofabitch.

So forgetting $1.7 million isn’t okay for an average American but it’s okay for rich people?

Hell no.

That fact that you had to rephrase my statement before you addressed it?

That was your brain dealing with the fact that I made a valid point and choosing to dodge it.

He's been too poor his whole life to understand.
Me? Grew up poor. Now I do extremely well. I’m aware of what complex taxes look like.

Given in not an idiot, I’m aware that fringe benefits are almost always taxable.

Hell no.

That fact that you had to rephrase my statement before you addressed it?

That was your brain dealing with the fact that I made a valid point and choosing to dodge it.
I rephrased it so that you can understand the impact of what you’re saying.

You’re implying there’s two sets of rules. One for rich people and one for normal people.

In the normal course of finance, even on this level, it usually is!
You poor, ignorant sonofabitch.
The question is why. Why shouldn’t this be handled criminally?

All you are saying is that it is. You should be asking why.

Forum List

Back