New York Prosecutors Are Going For The Jugular And Zeroing In On Trump’s Finance Chief

Everyone knows this. Some people choose to lie about it, because they like that their side can just take out anyone they want, who becomes a problem for them.
I’m well aware there are grey areas in tax law.

This is not one of those cases. If you guys would look at the indictment, you would see that. The Trump supporting media won’t tell you all the facts. You have to think a bit independently here.

You start talking shit about "trump supporting media" and you are just trolling. Screw you.
It’s not trolling. I’ve seen how the Trump supporting portion of the media is covering this, how they’re downplaying it.

They’re not being honest. They’re trying to sweep this under the rug because their narrative is that Trump is a victim. To keep Trump the victim, they have to downplay the crimes Weisselberg is accused of.

This narrative is being repeated here.

So, how many other people caught with similar issues, have been targeted like this?
I have no clue. What I know is that this sure looks like a very real crime based on the indictment.

Why shouldn’t it be prosecuted as such?

Everyone knows this. Some people choose to lie about it, because they like that their side can just take out anyone they want, who becomes a problem for them.

This is not one of those cases. If you guys would look at the indictment, you would see that. The Trump supporting media won’t tell you all the facts. You have to think a bit independently here.

You start talking shit about "trump supporting media" and you are just trolling. Screw you.
It’s not trolling. I’ve seen how the Trump supporting portion of the media is covering this, how they’re downplaying it.

They’re not being honest. They’re trying to sweep this under the rug because their narrative is that Trump is a victim. To keep Trump the victim, they have to downplay the crimes Weisselberg is accused of.

REally? Different people looked at the same situation and had similar takes on it?

Well, the only possible answer is that they are a hive mind, right?

Troll.

So, how many other people caught with similar issues, have been targeted like this?
I have no clue. What I know is that this sure looks like a very real crime based on the indictment.

Why shouldn’t it be prosecuted as such?

Because it reeks of abuse of power, and selective application of "justice" based on partisan politics not real law enforcement.

REally? Different people looked at the same situation and had similar takes on it?

Troll.
Narratives emerge from one side or the other. It’s not a new phenomenon. Trump and his kids are on media helping to craft this narrative too.

This narrative relies on a certain level of ignorance. They really don’t want you to think for yourself. That’s not useful to them.

Troll.
Narratives emerge from one side or the other. It’s not a new phenomenon. Trump and his kids are on media helping to craft this narrative too.

This narrative relies on a certain level of ignorance. They really don’t want you to think for yourself. That’s not useful to them.

The more you pepper your posts with partisan red meat like that, the more it sounds like you are carrying water for someone's narrative, instead of thinking for YOURSELF.

Because it reeks of abuse of power, and selective application of "justice" based on partisan politics not real law enforcement.
Abuse of power to prosecute crimes?

Tax fraud is absolutely prosecuted. It should be. Weisselberg is accused of evading taxes on $1.7 million. This isn’t a small matter. That’s as much money as most people make in an entire lifetime.

Troll.

The more you pepper your posts with partisan red meat like that, the more it sounds like you are carrying water for someone's narrative, instead of thinking for YOURSELF.
Just pointing out that you guys are commenting from a place of ignorance and are mimicking a right wing narrative. I doubt it’s a coincidence.

The typical case, if the Govt accountants think there is an issue, they contact the person, or his accountants, they debate over why or why something should or shouldn't be a deduction...it's arbitration and the case is settled and paid.
Because this isn’t a case of a mistake. What Weisselberg was doing isn’t some grey area. It’s clear and intentional tax fraud.

That is criminal. It should be otherwise you’re basically legalizing it.
i didn’t say it was, it wasn’t...the fact you conclude it wasn’t already highlights your bias

how can you even say it’s clear, when you have yet to see one piece of evidence!?!

Regardless, it could be a mistake...often is, snd is handled in the manner i highlighted

This wasn’t handled that way, and in inprecedented fashion because it’s a political witch-hunt
Based on the indictment, it’s going to be pretty hard to say it was an accident.

I mean, how exactly does one claim their wife’s car was a legitimate business expense? How does one claim their grandkids’ tuition was required for their job?

You can’t and an accountant and CFO at a large company would know this.
an indictment isn’t evidence...it’s an accusation

this case isn’t one of deducting a business expense, it’s one is claiming the value, because the car was provided by the company. as income.

accountants miss it all the time, people don’t claim it all the time...the knicks tickets, the company car etc...it’s never been prosecuted...and typically settled in arbitration. that’s what makes this case unprecedented.

The argument is, on the defense anyway, is this wasn’t compensation for work, and therefore not income that was or is reportable. I don’t disagree, that some likely is...but the feds aren’t even pursuing it...the indictment alleged the value to NY snd NYC is less then half a million over 15 years....just udderly small

let’s look at someone else. say Al Sharpton...how much is he alleged to have improperly claimed? millions and he still hasn’t paid...when’s he gonna be prosecuted?

Tax fraud is absolutely prosecuted. It should be. Weisselberg is accused of evading taxes on $1.7 million. This isn’t a small matter. That’s as much money as most people make in an entire lifetime.

Over how long a period of time? And how much of that would stick in a real audit?

I've seen the way that they come at you. They grab everything that they think they might be able to use, and then see if you can defend it.

They do NOT limit themselves to issues of clear misconduct.

Troll.

Just pointing out that you guys are commenting from a place of ignorance and are mimicking a right wing narrative. I doubt it’s a coincidence.

If that was all you were doing, why the need for partisan pap?

That is not the type of shit ones does, when one is on firm ground.

Over how long a period of time? And how much of that would stick in a real audit?

I've seen the way that they come at you. They grab everything that they think they might be able to use, and then see if you can defend it.

Over a 12 year time if I recall correctly.

What is Weisselberg accused of that is not an issue of clear misconduct?

Be concrete. You make generalized claims, but I want you to be specific here. What specifically is your issue with Weisselberg’s indictment.

Troll.

If that was all you were doing, why the need for partisan pap?

That is not the type of shit ones does, when one is on firm ground.
I certainly am on firm ground. You guys are the one who don’t seem to understand what the issue is.

The typical case, if the Govt accountants think there is an issue, they contact the person, or his accountants, they debate over why or why something should or shouldn't be a deduction...it's arbitration and the case is settled and paid.
Because this isn’t a case of a mistake. What Weisselberg was doing isn’t some grey area. It’s clear and intentional tax fraud.

i didn’t say it was, it wasn’t...the fact you conclude it wasn’t already highlights your bias

how can you even say it’s clear, when you have yet to see one piece of evidence!?!

Regardless, it could be a mistake...often is, snd is handled in the manner i highlighted

This wasn’t handled that way, and in inprecedented fashion because it’s a political witch-hunt
Based on the indictment, it’s going to be pretty hard to say it was an accident.

I mean, how exactly does one claim their wife’s car was a legitimate business expense? How does one claim their grandkids’ tuition was required for their job?

this case isn’t one of deducting a business expense, it’s one is claiming the value, because the car was provided by the company. as income.

accountants miss it all the time, people don’t claim it all the time...the knicks tickets, the company car etc...it’s never been prosecuted...and typically settled in arbitration. that’s what makes this case unprecedented.

The argument is, on the defense anyway, is this wasn’t compensation for work, and therefore not income that was or is reportable. I don’t disagree, that some likely is...but the feds aren’t even pursuing it...the indictment alleged the value to NY snd NYC is less then half a million over 15 years....just udderly small

let’s look at someone else. say Al Sharpton...how much is he alleged to have improperly claimed? millions and he still hasn’t paid...when’s he gonna be prosecuted?

Al has a major N-Card! The best!!

There is no doubt whatsoever that Weisselberg would not be facing this if the guy he worked for wasn't named TRUMP! There is also no doubt whatsoever that more than one person on this board has staked their happiness to seeing a person ruined that they have never met once in their lives. It's sad, really.

Over a 12 year time if I recall correctly.

What is Weisselberg accused of that is not an issue of clear misconduct?

Be concrete. You make generalized claims, but I want you to be specific here. What specifically is your issue with Weisselberg’s indictment.

So, max claim of 170k a year while doing taxes for a BILLIONAIRE? sounds like nit picking to me.

I can't be bothered to read the official charges. I don't put any credibility in their claims enough to spend the time reading it.

It wasn’t an accident. They knew very well that these items were compensation and that they should be taxed. They tracked this compensation internally and filed documents at odds with their own internal accounting.

One does not forget that their company is paying their rent. That’s beyond rational.

So, max claim of 170k a year while doing taxes for a BILLIONAIRE? sounds like nit picking to me.
This makes it sound like it’s okay to commit tax fraud if you’re rich.

Sorry, being rich doesn’t give you a pass. If you committed tax fraud to a tune of $170k a year, would they go lightly on you?

Besides, this is fraud on Weisselberg’s part. Not Trump’s.

Forum List

Back