New York Prosecutors Are Going For The Jugular And Zeroing In On Trump’s Finance Chief

Miniscule taxes on $1.7 million IS a total political nitpick to bring criminal charges on!
$1.7 million is what the most Americans make in a lifetime.

Imagine if you learned someone paid no taxes their entire life. They’d be prosecuted.

If This guy paid no taxes in his entire lifetime, THAT would be a different matter.

That is the game you are playing, mentioning the numbers out of context.
So forgetting $1.7 million isn’t okay for an average American but it’s okay for rich people?

Hell no.

That fact that you had to rephrase my statement before you addressed it?

That was your brain dealing with the fact that I made a valid point and choosing to dodge it.
I rephrased it so that you can understand the impact of what you’re saying.

You’re implying there’s two sets of rules. One for rich people and one for normal people.

No, I didn't. I implied that small mistakes should be treated like small mistakes, regardless of scale.

Treating a small mistake like a big mistake because it scaled up, is not called for.

Unless, there is some other reason you want to destroy someone?

Miniscule taxes on $1.7 million IS a total political nitpick to bring criminal charges on!

Imagine if you learned someone paid no taxes their entire life. They’d be prosecuted.

If This guy paid no taxes in his entire lifetime, THAT would be a different matter.

So forgetting $1.7 million isn’t okay for an average American but it’s okay for rich people?

Hell no.

That was your brain dealing with the fact that I made a valid point and choosing to dodge it.

You’re implying there’s two sets of rules. One for rich people and one for normal people.

No, I didn't. I implied that small mistakes should be treated like small mistakes, regardless of scale.

Treating a small mistake like a big mistake because it scaled up, is not called for.

I don’t know man. If a billionaire steals a snickers bar, it’s the same crime as if a poor person did it.

A crime is a crime. You don’t get a pass because you’re rich. We need to stop that kind of destructive mindset in this country. The rich get away with too much.

Hell no.

I don’t know man. If a billionaire steals a snickers bar, it’s the same crime as if a poor person did it.

A crime is a crime. You don’t get a pass because you’re rich. We need to stop that kind of destructive mindset in this country. The rich get away with too much.

If I misplace a decimal, and it costs my city two dollars, and some millionaire makes the same mistake but it costs his city 200,000, just because of scale,

that is the "same crime".

The typical case, if the Govt accountants think there is an issue, they contact the person, or his accountants, they debate over why or why something should or shouldn't be a deduction...it's arbitration and the case is settled and paid.
Because this isn’t a case of a mistake. What Weisselberg was doing isn’t some grey area. It’s clear and intentional tax fraud.

That is criminal. It should be otherwise you’re basically legalizing it.
i didn’t say it was, it wasn’t...the fact you conclude it wasn’t already highlights your bias

how can you even say it’s clear, when you have yet to see one piece of evidence!?!

Regardless, it could be a mistake...often is, snd is handled in the manner i highlighted

This wasn’t handled that way, and in inprecedented fashion because it’s a political witch-hunt
Based on the indictment, it’s going to be pretty hard to say it was an accident.

I mean, how exactly does one claim their wife’s car was a legitimate business expense? How does one claim their grandkids’ tuition was required for their job?

You can’t and an accountant and CFO at a large company would know this.
an indictment isn’t evidence...it’s an accusation

this case isn’t one of deducting a business expense, it’s one is claiming the value, because the car was provided by the company. as income.

accountants miss it all the time, people don’t claim it all the time...the knicks tickets, the company car etc...it’s never been prosecuted...and typically settled in arbitration. that’s what makes this case unprecedented.

The argument is, on the defense anyway, is this wasn’t compensation for work, and therefore not income that was or is reportable. I don’t disagree, that some likely is...but the feds aren’t even pursuing it...the indictment alleged the value to NY snd NYC is less then half a million over 15 years....just udderly small

let’s look at someone else. say Al Sharpton...how much is he alleged to have improperly claimed? millions and he still hasn’t paid...when’s he gonna be prosecuted?
It wasn’t an accident. They knew very well that these items were compensation and that they should be taxed. They tracked this compensation internally and filed documents at odds with their own internal accounting.

One does not forget that their company is paying their rent. That’s beyond rational.
where is the support for your claims? who’s they? the indictment is against the CFO. This was no reported as his salary or part of his bonuses.

It doesn’t have to be an accident, he could or you in case of your lunches believe they are deducted or not counted. that is why normally the auditors contact the accountant directly and the issues are litigated in arbitrator. Criminal prosecution would never come til that process is gone through. That is why the feds aren’t even involved here and this is unprecedented and clearly a last ditch effort because the witch-hunt failed.

seriously...he spent 5 years going after trump, all the way to SCOTUS to get his tax returns, spent way more then what is even alleged here, and all you got was well the CFO didn’t claim the company car as income in his tax returns...it’s embarrassing...but the fact you all act like this isn’t is even more embarrassing

There is no doubt whatsoever that Weisselberg would not be facing this if the guy he worked for wasn't named TRUMP! There is also no doubt whatsoever that more than one person on this board has staked their happiness to seeing a person ruined that they have never met once in their lives. It's sad, really.
I’m happy when tax frauds get prosecuted. I pay my taxes. I get pissed when people think they don’t have to. Especially when it’s wealthy people.

Except poverty-stricken dweebs like yourself fail to realize that civil settlements, not criminal ones, resolve cases like this!
You poor, ignorant, sonofabitch....:abgg2q.jpg:
Why should this be treated as a civil matter?

In the normal course of finance, even on this level, it usually is!
You poor, ignorant sonofabitch.
The question is why. Why shouldn’t this be handled criminally?

All you are saying is that it is. You should be asking why.

I already told you in post #195.

And it's a true story, knucklehead.

If I misplace a decimal, and it costs my city two dollars, and some millionaire makes the same mistake but it costs his city 200,000, just because of scale,

that is the "same crime".
If a millionaire costs his city $200,000, he didn’t misplace a decimal. He misplaced at least 7 of them. That’s not the same crime at all.

It might be, depending on the overall numbers.
You think Weisselberg forgot that Trump was paying his rent?

Possibly. I got slammed with an issue like that once.
Oh hell no. Sorry, people are suckers.

The more money you have coming in, from the more sources, it gets confusing.

Looking at ONE isolated fact, out of context, can make it look bad. But when you are looking at a table full of papers and have to have spread sheets to track your money and property and stocks,

I can believe it.

It doesn’t have to be an accident, he could or you in case of your lunches believe they are deducted or not counted.
Yes, the lunches. Something you claimed was income but isn’t for me.

How could he believe that his grand kid’s tuition at a fancy private school could be deducted or not counted? There’s no possible way that could be true.

This is very interesting.

I'm sure the CFO has a lot of information about the finances of the trump businesses. He will be a very good source of information for authorities in NY state.

Sometimes it takes a while but the truth usually comes out.

What crime was committed to initiate this investigation?
The charges that he publicly admited to. "everybody does it" does not cut it

At one point Trump addressed the specific indictment against the Trump Organization:

They go after good, hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car. “You didn’t pay tax on the car! Or a company apartment!” You used an apartment because you need an apartment because you have to travel too far where your house is, you didn’t pay tax, or education for your grandchildren. I don’t even know. Do you have to… does anybody know the answer to that stuff? Okay? But they indict people for that!

Looking at ONE isolated fact, out of context, can make it look bad. But when you are looking at a table full of papers and have to have spread sheets to track your money and property and stocks,

I can believe it.
You believe it because you WANT to believe it.

I can believe it.

Possibly. I'm pretty much done with you people.

Don't you feel the same? If the dems pushing this investigation came out and admitted that Trump ran the cleanest organization they have ever seen, would that change anything for you?

Or are you implacable in your opposition and hate?

I can believe it.

Don't you feel the same? If the dems pushing this investigation came out and admitted that Trump ran the cleanest organization they have ever seen, would that change anything for you?

From what I already know about Trump, from other dealings, I already know he isn’t clean.

We need to stop being okay with rich people getting away with crimes because they’re rich.

I’ve had it with two systems of justice.

This is very interesting.

I'm sure the CFO has a lot of information about the finances of the trump businesses. He will be a very good source of information for authorities in NY state.

Sometimes it takes a while but the truth usually comes out.

What crime was committed to initiate this investigation?

Appearing on MSNBC with host Lindsey Reiser, conservative campaign strategist Susan Del Percio watched a clip of Donald Trump from Saturday night talking about the indictments filed against his company, and explained to the host that almost every time the ex-president speaks he incriminates himself further.

During his rant on Saturday night in Sarasota, Trump all but admitted that he is avoiding paying taxes -- a central part of the Manhattan DA's investigation of the Trump Organization -- and Del Percio smirked that the ex-president can't seem to keep his mouth shut as further criminal indictments loom.

I can believe it.

From what I already know about Trump, from other dealings, I already know he isn’t clean.

We need to stop being okay with rich people getting away with crimes because they’re rich.

I’ve had it with two systems of justice.

I asked you a simple question and you could not even answer it.

Do you realize that is an answer in itself?

I can admit that I am biased in regards to this issue. You cannot.

Two systems? LOL!!! Were you pissed off when BIll Fucking Clinton got away with sexual harassment?

New York Prosecutors Are Going For The Jugular​

^^^^ TRANSLATION: They hope to give Trump a parking ticket then use that as campaign material next year and 2024 when Donald waxes their heinies.

Threads like this smack of the fear and desperation democrats admit to themselves as they see Trump still MORE POPULAR THAN EVER AND GROWING.

No one could sell guns like the anti-gunner Obumma, and now no one can steal failure like the democrats still obsessed with Trump.

Forum List

Back