New Rule: From the River to the Sea | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Bill Maher says that slavery and colonialism were carried out by pretty much everyone, but the woke radical left is very selective about who it criticizes for doing these things.

I agree with Maher.

What do you think?

i'm having a little trouble with "river to the sea" as some kind of hate speech.

isn't "greater israel" the same kind of genocidal threat?

"from sea to shing sea"

Bill Maher says that slavery and colonialism were carried out by pretty much everyone, but the woke radical left is very selective about who it criticizes for doing these things.

I agree with Maher.

What do you think?

The big difference between Bill's examples is that he's taking the side that the whole world is condemning. That's something new for Bill!

What could it be that causes Bill's unpopular bias in favour of Zionism for the sake of a comedy routine? Surely he's not one of them!

And just 'why' has the rest of the world taken a position against the slaughter of the Palestinian people, when slaughter has always been acceptable, as he notes? There has to be something different this time.

i'm having a little trouble with "river to the sea" as some kind of hate speech.

isn't "greater israel" the same kind of genocidal threat?

"from sea to shing sea"
I am not sure what "greater Israel" is----has someone used the term in
like a "nationalist threat"? do you have a citation?

I can tell you what the term has COME to mean.

It's currently being used to refer to any square inch of Israel.

They want all of it gone.

I can tell you what the term has COME to mean.

It's currently being used to refer to any square inch of Israel.

They want all of it gone.
Maybe "rampart" knows-----he would not have written a propagandist
post----WOULD HE?

from wikipedia .........

"At Israel's founding in 1948, the Labor Zionist leadership, which went on to govern Israel in its first three decades of independence, accepted a pragmatic partition of what had been British Palestine into independent Jewish and Arab states. The opposition Revisionist Zionists, who evolved into today's Likud party, sought Eretz Yisrael Ha-Shlema—Greater Israel, or literally, the Whole Land of Israel (shalem, meaning complete)."[8] The capture of the West Bank and Gaza Strip from Jordan and Egypt during the Six-Day War in 1967 led to the growth of the non-parliamentary Movement for Greater Israel and the construction of Israeli settlements. The 1977 elections, which brought Likud to power also had considerable impact on acceptance and rejection of the term. Greenberg notes:

from wikipedia .........

"At Israel's founding in 1948, the Labor Zionist leadership, which went on to govern Israel in its first three decades of independence, accepted a pragmatic partition of what had been British Palestine into independent Jewish and Arab states. The opposition Revisionist Zionists, who evolved into today's Likud party, sought Eretz Yisrael Ha-Shlema—Greater Israel, or literally, the Whole Land of Israel (shalem, meaning complete)."[8] The capture of the West Bank and Gaza Strip from Jordan and Egypt during the Six-Day War in 1967 led to the growth of the non-parliamentary Movement for Greater Israel and the construction of Israeli settlements. The 1977 elections, which brought Likud to power also had considerable impact on acceptance and rejection of the term. Greenberg notes:
wikki is not a source----ANYONE can shove misleading stuff therein. There is noting
EXPANSHIONIST about including the West bank in Israel-------Gaza is---historically,
separate from Israel. The west bank is Judea Egypt was HAPPY to get rid of Gaza
and those Egyptians are refusing to take it back

Last edited:
wikki is not a source----ANYONE can shove misleading stuff therein. There is noting
EXPANSHIONIST about including the West bank in Israel-------Gaza is---historically,
separate from Israel. The west bank is Judea Egypt was HAPPY to get rid of Gaza
and they Egyptians are refusing to take it back
no , wiki is not a source. guess i'll do my own research and so a search on truth sicial....

Forum List

Back