NC: White Neighborhood Watch Vigilante Kills Black Man Returning from Party

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
In Raleigh, North Carolina, a white man who claimed he was on a neighborhood watch shot and killed a 20-year-old African-American man after telling the 911 dispatcher, "We got a bunch of hoodlums out here racing. I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood." Police say Chad Copley shot and killed 20-year-old Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas from inside his garage as Thomas was walking home from a party on Sunday. Copley has been charged with first-degree murder. The case recalls the killing of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch vigilante George Zimmerman.

I wonder how long it will take before the narratives start coming out about Thomas, portraying him a a "gang-banger thug" who clearly made Copley fear for his life, and justify his shooting him from the shadows in his garage...

Any person who murders another person from the shadows deserves the death penalty.

In Raleigh, North Carolina, a white man who claimed he was on a neighborhood watch shot and killed a 20-year-old African-American man after telling the 911 dispatcher, "We got a bunch of hoodlums out here racing. I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood." Police say Chad Copley shot and killed 20-year-old Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas from inside his garage as Thomas was walking home from a party on Sunday. Copley has been charged with first-degree murder. The case recalls the killing of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch vigilante George Zimmerman.

I wonder how long it will take before the narratives start coming out about Thomas, portraying him a a "gang-banger thug" who clearly made Copley fear for his life, and justify his shooting him from the shadows in his garage...

Don't know all the details.

In reference to Trayvon, we've already dealt with that one and a Court said No to Zimmerman being responsible.

Any person who murders another person from the shadows deserves the death penalty.
In a rational universe, you're quite right. But, in this Bizarro universe we seem to find ourselves in recently? I'm quite sure the story-spinners will be out shortly, spinning the narrative that, somehow, Thomas did something, said something, or looked in a certain way, that he brought it all on himself.

Probably best to let the facts come out before passing judgement....I mean with all that happened in the Traygone case and all

There aren't any real facts presented in this article. Until we get more information, I wouldn't just assume he is guilty. He called the cops, murderers usually don't do that. I'd like to know where the guy was, was he in the street, or in his yard? Was there some altercation? Any witnesses?

Until we find out more, it sounds like just another race baiting article to stir up the blacks into a frenzy.

In a rational universe, you're quite right. But, in this Bizarro universe we seem to find ourselves in recently? I'm quite sure the story-spinners will be out shortly, spinning the narrative that, somehow, Thomas did something, said something, or looked in a certain way, that he brought it all on himself.

Something you're hoping for, I imagine.

Seems you've already spun it claiming you know details when none have come out.

Have hope. He's been charged already so we're already ahead of the game. It seems to me that defending your property doesn't include the road in front of your house and speeding or even drag racing is not normally considered a capital offense. Shooting someone through a closed window with no warning is just plain cowardly.

There aren't any real facts presented in this article. Until we get more information, I wouldn't just assume he is guilty. He called the cops, murderers usually don't do that. I'd like to know where the guy was, was he in the street, or in his yard? Was there some altercation? Any witnesses?

Until we find out more, it sounds like just another race baiting article to stir up the blacks into a frenzy.

It's the typical Liberal double standard. Someone they WANT to be guilty is guilty without evidence but in a situation where they WANT innocence we must wait for the details.

1. Innocent until Proven Guilty.

2. If guilty of murder then by all means hang the person.

3. If found not guilty by the court of law, well those like you have presumed his guilt already without allowing the person a fair trial...

Now before you lecture me about how the individual that was killed was never given the same rights and proclaim his skin color had everything to do with his death, well that might be all true but still we live by rules and no matter how you want to convict everyone for their crimes because of how the news story is brought to you the reality is you need to wait for all the facts before passing judgment...

Now rant on and call me a racist bigot of a whore that support the murdering of minorities while I just sit back and wait for the full story to come out...

Well here are some fact that might help:

1. Copley Told Police ‘I’m Locked & Loaded & I’m Going to Secure My Neighborhood'
  2. The Shooting Has Drawn Comparisons to the Killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman
  3. He Is Being Held Without Bail & Could Face the Death Penalty if Convicted of First-Degree Murder
  4. Neighbors Have Disputed Copley’s Claims That He Was Part of a Neighborhood Watch
  5. Thomas, Who Worked at Waffle House & McDonald’s, Was About to Help His Girlfriend Move Into Her College Dorm
I suspect they are going to have a hard timed spinning this into a thing that was justified.

Not hoping for. Just expecting. Although, as more facts are coming out, I'm actually hoping that it will be more difficult for this guy to find a way to spin this into a justified shooting.

Have hope. He's been charged already so we're already ahead of the game. It seems to me that defending your property doesn't include the road in front of your house and speeding or even drag racing is not normally considered a capital offense. Shooting someone through a closed window with no warning is just plain cowardly.

Depends on the what the person is doing just outside that window.

As far as the road in front of my house, that also depends. If my vehicle is legally parked in the roadway and someone decides to do something I feel is threatening to me or my family, my state's laws extend my right to protect myself to an occupied vehicle. That means if I'm in it, despite it being in the roadway, and someone idiot makes the mistake of trying to do something I feel is threatening in or around that vehicle, I have the right to deal with it under the concept of the castle doctrine.

Well here are some fact that might help:

1. Copley Told Police ‘I’m Locked & Loaded & I’m Going to Secure My Neighborhood'
  2. The Shooting Has Drawn Comparisons to the Killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman
  3. He Is Being Held Without Bail & Could Face the Death Penalty if Convicted of First-Degree Murder
  4. Neighbors Have Disputed Copley’s Claims That He Was Part of a Neighborhood Watch
  5. Thomas, Who Worked at Waffle House & McDonald’s, Was About to Help His Girlfriend Move Into Her College Dorm
I suspect they are going to have a hard timed spinning this into a thing that was justified.

In the Trayvon case, all Trayvon was SUPPOSEDLY doing was nothing and Zimmerman went after him. The court said otherwise.

Not hoping for. Just expecting. Although, as more facts are coming out, I'm actually hoping that it will be more difficult for this guy to find a way to spin this into a justified shooting.

You're still hoping that the court will decide Zimmerman was guilty despite the case already being settled.

So far we have the politically correct version. Maybe we will eventually find out what happened.

No facts out but already we have, shot from shadows & closed window? Could be but no one knows. Dead man have gun? Butg budfies with weapons?

Usually garage faces the street, door open? Lights on? Did he have those little extra costly windows? Shot from side window? Huh? Shotgun blast could send dead from property to street. None of dead man crew seem to be rioting or blaming yet? Interesting.

1AM, party.....walking home? Yet racing up/down? Did they torment homeowner? Part if on-going fued? did they get out of car? Story in press very weak.Where is the cap/gown pic? Moving out? Graduating next week right?

They are out if you look for them. The kid stopped off at party, didn't like there weren't girls at the party, was walking back to his car and the shooter shot him while hiding in his garage through one of the door windows after having already called the police and told them they needed to get some one out there because he was going to protect his neighborhood from the hoodlums. It was nothing more than a cold-blooded, unjustified and inhumane murder.

They are out if you look for them. The kid stopped off at party, didn't like there weren't girls at the party, was walking back to his car and the shooter shot him while hiding in his garage through one of the door windows after having already called the police and told them they needed to get some one out there because he was going to protect his neighborhood from the hoodlums. It was nothing more than a cold-blooded, unjustified and inhumane murder.

Has it gone to trial? No, yet many on here have already found him guilty.

They said the same thing with Travyon, Zimmerman was found not guilty, and those same people still don't accept it.

Forum List

Back