black man shoots white guy over car dispute

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

orange county register​

Black man gets 28 years to life for killing White man who hurled racial slurs and had a bat​

By SEAN EMERY | [email protected] | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: September 15, 2023 at 2:32 p.m. | UPDATED: September 15, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.

A Black man who shot and killed a White man who was yelling racial slurs at him while holding a baseball bat at a Westminster motel was sentenced Friday to 28 years to life in prison.

A jury earlier this year convicted Jonathan Breon Dunlap, 35, of voluntary manslaughter and discharging a firearm into an inhabited building causing death for the Dec. 2, 2017 slaying of 37-year-old John Nondorf at a Motel 6 in the 13100 block of Goldenwest Street.

That Dunlap — who had arrived at the motel with friends from a party — shot Nondorf — who was staying at the motel with his fiancée — in the face following a heated argument and confrontation was not disputed during his trial. The question for jurors was whether Nondorf was retreating into his motel room when Dunlap shot him, as alleged by Deputy District Attorney Janine Madera, or whether he acted in self-defense after Dunlap allegedly charged at him with a bat, as defense attorney Cameron Talley countered.

The confrontation apparently began when Nondorf ordered Dunlap to get away from his SUV, after Dunlap may have accidentally bumped it while walking past it.

One woman described Dunlap responding by saying “My bad,” while Nondorf’s fiancee claimed Dunlap instead told Nondorf “(expletive) your car!” Both agreed that Nondorf used multiple racial slurs during the ensuing argument.

Nondorf briefly retreated into his motel room, where he grabbed a child’s-size baseball bat and returned outside. A friend of Dunlap’s grabbed a gun out of the backseat of her car, according to testimony, and either handed it to Dunlap or he grabbed it.

In the moments leading up to the shooting, Dunlap and his friends were grouped together just outside the door to Nondorf’s motel room, while Nondorf was just inside the room, outside the view of security cameras. The prosecution argued that Dunlap punched Nondorf in the face before shooting him, while the defense said Nondorf rushed at Dunlap while brandishing the bat.

Prior to his sentencing, Dunlap told Orange County Superior Court Judge Kimberly Menninger that he had not gone to the motel with the intent to kill anyone.

“I do apologize for my actions,” Dunlap said. “I wish I could have had a clearer mind and prevented the situation.”

Talley, Dunlap’s attorney, told the judge it was Nondorf who started the argument and then introduced potential deadly force by grabbing a bat.

“Mr. Dunlap was minding his own business, the provocation came to him,” Talley said. “He made the mistake of putting his Black hand on a bigot’s car.”

Judge Menninger acknowledged that Nondorf used racial epithets and introduced the baseball bat into the confrontation, but also noted that Dunlap could have walked away or used his fists instead of a gun.

“Bad things are said all the time to us,” the judge told Dunlap. “But we don’t get to act on them with violence.”

another savage gets what he deserves. usually blacks get away with stuff like this.

Many people have discovered that it is always a bad idea to argue with a lady or gentleman of ethnicity X,

As the saying goes, just suck it up!

Never, ever argue with them.

Just walk away (if they will let you) or ignore what they have done (such as brushing against your car).

Of course, if they attack you, defend yourself as best you can.

But be prepared for bad press from the liberal media, and get a good lawyer.

Many people have discovered that it is always a bad idea to argue with a lady or gentleman of ethnicity X,

Just walk away (if they will let you) or ignore what they have done (such as brushing against your car).

he got what he deserved murdering another person .

he got what he deserved murdering another person .

Just not 28 years. He should have gotten something like 18 months or 2 years since, let's face it, the white guy did attack him with a toy bat. It probably should have been 3rd or 4th degree Manslaughter, not murder.

Just not 28 years. He should have gotten something like 18 months or 2 years since, let's face it, the white guy did attack him with a toy bat. It probably should have been 3rd or 4th degree Manslaughter, not murder.
We don't know what happened the jury heard different stories from different people. For that harsh a sentence, I would guess the black man had a serious criminal record. If not I'm sure the sentence will be reduced upon appeal. A death occurred, so two years is far too little, and 28 years is far too much. I can recall people convicted of first-degree murder getting less than 28-year sentences.

We don't know what happened the jury heard different stories from different people. For that harsh a sentence, I would guess the black man had a serious criminal record. If not I'm sure the sentence will be reduced upon appeal. A death occurred, so two years is far too little, and 28 years is far too much. I can recall people convicted of first-degree murder getting less than 28-year sentences.
black man acted like animal he is paying for it

especially since they murder over 10,000 of each other a year.

Is that an accurate statistic?

If it is, something is terribly wrong.

How can some people claim that this nation has a bright future?
yes it is. there population has gone down over 20 percent . they practically only 12 percent of the population. 97 percent of blacks died by blacks. thy try to ignore it by bringing up the past in stead doing something about there shame. Black residents declined by more than 125,000 over a 20-year period. do they care no they just keep doing it.

Last edited:
yes it is. there population has gone down over 20 percent . they practically only 12 percent of the population. 97 percent of blacks died by blacks. thy try to ignore it by bringing up the past in stead doing something about there shame. Black residents declined by more than 125,000 over a 20-year period. do they care no they just keep doing it.
Just for fun, can you tell us where you got those statistics from?

Can you point out in Table 43 where it states that over 10k black folks were murdered.

try
We don’t know that, I’m not judging someone without all the facts
there always shooting each other and yes we dol. your just in denial. you do not have the right kill some one because they call you something you dont like. if thy guy did call him anything. blacks never figures that out. you walk away.

Just for fun, can you tell us where you got those statistics from?

Can you point out in Table 43 where it states that over 10k black folks were murdered.
The pundits on TV do not help in racial relations. They stir things up. Stir things up worse than what they are. And people are affected from it.

Forum List

Back