My own dayum OP ED about politics

You asked for names, gave you one and you refuse to condemn them for it!

Correct. Being a Great Guy "for Iran" is an honest acknowledgement of his value to the Iranians. Doesn't mean he was a great guy, for America, or that Americans who acknowledge his value to the Iranians are praising him. Will his public, overt assassination create more terrorists and terrorist attacks or will it create less?

Sounds to me like you're only hearing one side of the story. A few articles I read stated the Iranians are dancing in the street and throwing parties. Apparently he wasn't loved by a lot of people besides Americans.

I was not surprised by those stories either. I've known a lot of Iranian Americans who hate the Theocracy in Iran.

Correct. Being a Great Guy "for Iran" is an honest acknowledgement of his value to the Iranians. Doesn't mean he was a great guy, for America, or that Americans who acknowledge his value to the Iranians are praising him. Will his public, overt assassination create more terrorists and terrorist attacks or will it create less?

Sounds to me like you're only hearing one side of the story. A few articles I read stated the Iranians are dancing in the street and throwing parties. Apparently he wasn't loved by a lot of people besides Americans.

I'd have to see the articles and trust the source on that one.

Amash left the republican party of his own accord

He left because he wasn't welcome in the GOP. Which is why I wonder about this word "conservatism." He's truly conservative. Those republicans who were part of the freedom caucus, only seem to be more supportive of Trump, someone who's not a true conservative, than they are of true conservatism.
I get they didn't wanna chance losing their re elections.

If the "conservatives" had left the GOP too, it would've had an eye opening effect on the GOP. But since only one left, it can be dismissed as something along the lines of a disgruntled employee.
I dont know much about amash except that he did not stay and fight for his principles

now all he can hope to be is a spoiler

To understand Amash, one has to fully understand what and why he left the GOP. Once you understand all those things, in detail, you begin to see just how constitutionally principled he really is.
And how important it is for other real conservatives to abandon the GOP.
Imagine being surrounded by a bunch of people who are just claiming to be what you are.
He accomplishes nothing by standing on the outside looking in

Soon he will be forgotten and have no voice at all

Only because there's just not enough people who understand the differences between the republicans and conservatives. Amash's voice in congress wasn't heard anyhow. Because he didn't jump on the Trump protection bandwagon, because he wanted to actually cut spending and other conservative things, the GOP has been dismissing him for a while.

But with that said, I think he's still got enough support in his district to keep his seat.

The GOP has put out a lot of lies about Amash, like about his family business having dealings with China. But they didn't work out as well as they'd planned. Turns out, their family business only does about 10% with China. Of course, they GOP will come up with some other BS. But it'll just be BS.

Amash left the republican party of his own accord

He left because he wasn't welcome in the GOP. Which is why I wonder about this word "conservatism." He's truly conservative. Those republicans who were part of the freedom caucus, only seem to be more supportive of Trump, someone who's not a true conservative, than they are of true conservatism.

If the "conservatives" had left the GOP too, it would've had an eye opening effect on the GOP. But since only one left, it can be dismissed as something along the lines of a disgruntled employee.
I dont know much about amash except that he did not stay and fight for his principles

To understand Amash, one has to fully understand what and why he left the GOP. Once you understand all those things, in detail, you begin to see just how constitutionally principled he really is.
Imagine being surrounded by a bunch of people who are just claiming to be what you are.

Only because there's just not enough people who understand the differences between the republicans and conservatives. Amash's voice in congress wasn't heard anyhow. Because he didn't jump on the Trump protection bandwagon, because he wanted to actually cut spending and other conservative things, the GOP has been dismissing him for a while.

But with that said, I think he's still got enough support in his district to keep his seat.

The GOP has put out a lot of lies about Amash, like about his family business having dealings with China. But they didn't work out as well as they'd planned. Turns out, their family business only does about 10% with China. Of course, they GOP will come up with some other BS. But it'll just be BS.

He broke Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. He doesn't have the support of conservatives either.

He broke Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. He doesn't have the support of conservatives either.

He doesn't have the support of Trumpsters. They don't know how to spell "conservative".

I'd have to see the articles and trust the source on that one.

'I'm Not Mourning!' Mixed Reaction Among Iranians To Soleimani's Death

He broke Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment. He doesn't have the support of conservatives either.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have the support of Trumpsters. They don't know how to spell "conservative".

He has support of Republicans in general. The problem with the Republicans is that they are not like Democrats when facing their adversaries. Democrats march in lockstep, while ours are bickering between the establishment and conservatives has us taking our eye off the ball. If we had the unity the Democrats had, we would be kicking ass and taking names at election time.

While Trump never claimed to be a conservative, you'll be hell pressed to find a President that promoted conservative issues more than Trump.

Not everybody has the same hatred for this man as you never Trumpers. Some of us judge by results instead of feelings. That's the way we conservatives work.

If reagan was not a conservative then why did liberals hate him so much?

he may not have lived up to your strict standards for a conservative, but then who does?

Outside of RINO's like McCain or Kasich, who did the left not hate on the Republican side?
They hated mccain when he ran for president

if kasich were a more important republican figure they would hate him too

Hate? No. Disagree with his politics, yes.
Every lib says that

very few will admit their true feeling

but the attacks and insults toward trump are brutal, personal and highly emotional

Yeah, I had no hatred for McCain. Trump on the other hand is a piece of shit.
If you say so

but every lib cant be an exception to the norm even they all claim to be

Outside of RINO's like McCain or Kasich, who did the left not hate on the Republican side?

Every lib says that

but the attacks and insults toward trump are brutal, personal and highly emotional

If you say so

Just to be clear it's the wingnuts on the right who follow a leader who denigrated McCain's service and claimed he wasn't worth spit (paraphrasing) because he was captured. It's those same wingnuts who share that view.

Every lib says that

If you say so

Just to be clear it's the wingnuts on the right who follow a leader who denigrated McCain's service and claimed he wasn't worth spit (paraphrasing) because he was captured. It's those same wingnuts who share that view.

Actually the same wing nuts that said his comment was out of line.

Every lib says that

If you say so

On this board? Who?

Every lib says that

If you say so

Ha!
Mccain was a hero when he served in vietnam

ironically it was liberals of your ilk who denigrated his service years later when he ran for president against obama

his citizenship was questioned because he was born in panama

and he was accused of starting the fire on his aircraft carrier that killed several sailors

Now you idolize him

but mccain was not perfect

he was knee deep in the Abscam scandal

and he bitterly attacked the republican base when we refused to go along with his and bush’s illegal alien amnesty scheme

Last edited:
Every lib says that

If you say so

On this board? Who?

I don't know about this board, but all those evil right-wing talk show hosts called him out on that comment, so did some of the hosts on evil Fox news.

Every lib says that

If you say so

Ha!
Mccain was a hero when he served in vietnam

ironically it was liberals of your ilk who denigrated his service years later when he ran for president against obama

Who? Obama? Nope. Kerry? Nope. Clinton? Nope. Trump? Yep. You can add George W. Bush whose campaign started some shitty rumors about McCain's daughter as well.

his citizenship was questioned because he was born in panama

By a very, very, very small group of people that I'm not sure what their political affiliation was. The left as a whole did not promote some fucking weird McCain birther conspiracy.

and he was accused of starting the fire on his aircraft carrier that killed several sailors

Yeah? Who?

Navy Releases McCain's records McCain was personally responsible for the deadliest fire in the .....

This is What an American Hero Looks Like

Senator John McCain, Traitor, Collaborator and Reckless Pilot With 134 Manslaughter Victims in Navy

Now you idolize him

Nope. Not denigrating him doesn't mean I idolize him either. There is a middle ground you know? I respect his service, I disagreed with almost everything he did in Congress. I did not hate him.

but mccain was not perfect

shocker.

he was knee deep in the Abscam scandal

Yes.

and he bitterly attacked the republican base when we refused to go along with his a bush’s illegal alien amnesty scheme

Ahhh, too bad.

If you say so

On this board? Who?

I don't know about this board, but all those evil right-wing talk show hosts called him out on that comment, so did some of the hosts on evil Fox news.

Not the rank and file though.

If you say so

On this board? Who?

Mccain was not above making personal attacks and he attacked trump first

If you say so

On this board? Who?

Not the rank and file though.

Like who?

If you say so

On this board? Who?

Mccain was not above making personal attacks and he attacked trump first

Trump attacked all POWs when he made that comment about McCain. I don't care if politicians attack each other it's part of the game, it's how they do it and what they say.

Forum List

Back