My own dayum OP ED about politics

You are entitled to your opinion

Most people who are conservative accept reagan as a conservative

People accept silly stuff all the time. You know like when you repeat a lie enough time, enough people will believe it. Reagan talked conservatism very well. He was very articulate about it. But his actions were very liberal.

It could be that I've got conservatism all wrong. And that a republican is automatically a conservative. Which means we need a new word for those that actually abide by the constitution, cut spending and support people's civil liberties by adhering to the bill of rights. People that believe the government(s) should only tax what they need to run a government that strictly adheres to the COTUS.
Maybe the only party that supports those things now a days are libertarians.
Many republicans in washington and in state houses join the republican party because they want to avoid having to find a regular job and could not get elected as a democrat

i cant help that

but the republican base is conservative and could use the help from conservatives like you

Ron Paul tried for a couple of decades to bring conservatism back to the congress. Justin Amash was ran out of the republican party because he was actually conservative. Hell, Boehner kicked him off the budget committee for trying to balance the budget. So then there's that.
There's a couple of others that I'd still consider real conservatives. Rand Paul (for the most part) and Thomas Massie.
Amash left the republican party of his own accord

Democrats are calling that asshole a
“Beloved Public Official”

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.

In Iran he was, numb nuts!

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.

Actually, he was a great guy - for Iran.

Qasem Soleimani - Wikipedia

And yet not one far left cult member to come in and tell this cult member they are wrong!

The OP was discussing American Democrats and Republicans, not every human being in every country in the world at large.
You guys are a hoot.

You are entitled to your opinion

Most people who are conservative accept reagan as a conservative

People accept silly stuff all the time. You know like when you repeat a lie enough time, enough people will believe it. Reagan talked conservatism very well. He was very articulate about it. But his actions were very liberal.

It could be that I've got conservatism all wrong. And that a republican is automatically a conservative. Which means we need a new word for those that actually abide by the constitution, cut spending and support people's civil liberties by adhering to the bill of rights. People that believe the government(s) should only tax what they need to run a government that strictly adheres to the COTUS.
Maybe the only party that supports those things now a days are libertarians.

Libertarians are anti-military involvement and pro drugs. I couldn't support a libertarian. I don't want to wait until we are attacked on our shores like 911, and a bunch of doped up Americans who can't respond because they are too high.

Reagan was as bad as Trump. Nothing conservative about either of the two. How Reagan got deemed the "Great Conservative" is beyond me. he should've been called the Great liberal.
If reagan was not a conservative then why did liberals hate him so much?

he may not have lived up to your strict standards for a conservative, but then who does?

My strict libertarian standard? I suppose you're right. Because I don't think that a tax decrease followed by spending increases is conservative. Especially when spending, under Reagan went above $1 trillion. Reagan was THE first to spend more than $1 trillion.
And then he gave us the 17 debt ceiling increases and 4 tax increases.

I'm not sure if the amnesty he gave to like 6 million illegals could be considered conservative or not. I'm a conservative and have a silly notion that "all men are created equal." So then I suppose that act was pretty conservative. More "morally correct" than conservative, IMO.
But selling arms to foreign countries and spending this country into the initial realms of the oblivion was definitely not conservative.

Reagan was a post-Vietnam President. The mood of the country was no war for no reason. Reagan just helped out in letting others do our fighting for us. Amnesty was not conservative by any stretch of the imagination. Conservatism means the recognition of laws, and rewarding people who broke our laws is hardly conservative. All men being equal does not mean all men having access to our country.

That actually would be treason.

Yep, if we were at war with them. In reality they wanted to get Iran back as a customer for weapons and a supplier of oil. SOP.
I hope not even the most America-hating democrats would be that stupid

they may think dark thoughts like that but I doubt if they would say so publically

Psst, talking Reagan Whitehouse there.

You're welcome.

Reagan was as bad as Trump. Nothing conservative about either of the two. How Reagan got deemed the "Great Conservative" is beyond me. he should've been called the Great liberal.

he may not have lived up to your strict standards for a conservative, but then who does?

Outside of RINO's like McCain or Kasich, who did the left not hate on the Republican side?

He left because he wasn't welcome in the GOP. Which is why I wonder about this word "conservatism." He's truly conservative. Those republicans who were part of the freedom caucus, only seem to be more supportive of Trump, someone who's not a true conservative, than they are of true conservatism.
I get they didn't wanna chance losing their re elections.

If the "conservatives" had left the GOP too, it would've had an eye opening effect on the GOP. But since only one left, it can be dismissed as something along the lines of a disgruntled employee.

Outside of RINO's like McCain or Kasich, who did the left not hate on the Republican side?

All this R & D hatred, IMO is just BS. It's a shitshow to avoid admitting they agree with somethings. Like when Trump banned bump stocks. You didn't hear the left praising Trump for doing it. They made out like it was a furious battle that they won.
Same could be said about Trump funding planned parenthood.
Hell, Trump's been very good to the left, as Obama was good to the right. But you won't hear either side admitting it.

IMO, it's just part of the smoke & mirrors. Truth be known, they're all bff's, at the end of the day.
If you need proof, just think about how quickly Trump decided not to "lock her up" after the election. Like the next day. If people believed that Trump and Hitlery were actually enemies, the proof that they're not has been exposed.
Problem is, die hard Trump supporters will never admit it. As well as the Hitlery supporters. The supporters are still die hard enemies. But Trump and Hitlery are not.

How does that happen? Through the smoke and mirrors. The propaganda that spread initially.

Libertarians are anti-military involvement and pro drugs.

Neither on of these claims is true. Libertarians support a strong military, and they don't advocate recreational drug use.

This is a good example of how the R & D's, through the media, have kept the LP from gaining any traction. They own the media, for the most part. They dominate the election rules. Snippets of things the LP does, taken completely out of context, to make the entire party look ridiculous. And it's done so easily, because most R & D voters aren't going to take the time to fact check much of anything.
Like Johnsons interview where he stuck his tongue out. He was correct in what he said, that he could go through the whole debates like that, and still get votes, simply because a lot of folks are sick of the R & D candidates that's being shoved down their throats. But a snippet of that interview somehow showed the die hard R & D voters all they needed to know about the LP.

As someone who's also sick of what the R & D's have been doing, and who can see through the right/left BS propaganda and their sneaky way of fooling their voters, it's hard to even stay politically motivated.

As someone who's also sick of what the R & D's have been doing, and who can see through the right/left BS propaganda and their sneaky way of fooling their voters, it's hard to even stay politically motivated.

Democracy, or at least our misguided implementation of democracy, really boils down to a game of manipulating idiots.

Neither on of these claims is true. Libertarians support a strong military, and they don't advocate recreational drug use.

The Malady of Excessive Interventionism

The post-Cold War era has seen a continuation of a long global trend toward greater peace and stability, lower rates of conflict, and zero great power wars. More peace and diminishing threats have merely enhanced the remarkable security already enjoyed by the United States thanks to its geographic isolation, weak neighbors, unparalleled economic and military power, and its nuclear deterrent.

But America doesn’t act as if it is safe. Instead, we have a hyper-interventionist foreign policy. Over the last century, according to the Rand Corporation, “there was only one brief period – the four years immediately after U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam – during which the United States did not engage in any interventions abroad.”

Drug War | Cato Institute

Identification of a problem does not mean that the government should undertake to solve it, and the fact that a problem occurs in more than one state does not mean that it is a proper subject for federal policy.

Perhaps no area more clearly demonstrates the bad consequences of not following such rules than does drug prohibition. The long federal experiment in prohibition of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and other drugs has given us crime and corruption combined with a manifest failure to stop the use of drugs or reduce their availability to children.

Reagan was a post-Vietnam President. The mood of the country was no war for no reason. Reagan just helped out in letting others do our fighting for us. Amnesty was not conservative by any stretch of the imagination. Conservatism means the recognition of laws, and rewarding people who broke our laws is hardly conservative. All men being equal does not mean all men having access to our country.

I'd say allowing foreigners to come here, even without some government piece of paper, is very conservative. Not to collect welfare or become a welfare sponge. That's a different issue all together.
People have been migrating since before the bible was written. And they're not going to stop. Regardless of what some piece of paper (or lack of) says. Regardless of some stupid $25 billion band aid they call "The Wall." ALL men are created equal. And have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This isn't an American thing. This is a human thing. Because government's don't issue rights. They just take them away. Which they should not be allowed to do.

Conservatism has nothing to do with recognizing laws. If that be the case then 99% of all our congressmen, republicans included, should be thrown in jail for disobeying the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. But instead they're rewarded by the lobbyist, MIC and special interest for going against the constitution. And they're praised by the voters in too many instances.

I'd say allowing foreigners to come here, even without some government piece of paper, is very conservative. Not to collect welfare or become a welfare sponge. That's a different issue all together.
People have been migrating since before the bible was written. And they're not going to stop. Regardless of what some piece of paper (or lack of) says. Regardless of some stupid $25 billion band aid they call "The Wall." ALL men are created equal. And have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This isn't an American thing. This is a human thing. Because government's don't issue rights. They just take them away. Which they should not be allowed to do.

Conservatism has nothing to do with recognizing laws. If that be the case then 99% of all our congressmen, republicans included, should be thrown in jail for disobeying the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. But instead they're rewarded by the lobbyist, MIC and special interest for going against the constitution. And they're praised by the voters in too many instances.

A country with no borders is no longer a sovereign country. Imagine if we let everybody in this country for the last 25 years. Our population would be over double and our resources worn thin.

Every country has borders and every country has regulations in which to enter the country, or become part of it. There is no right to live anywhere you want.

A country with no borders is no longer a sovereign country. Imagine if we let everybody in this country for the last 25 years. Our population would be over double and our resources worn thin.

Every country has borders and every country has regulations in which to enter the country, or become part of it. There is no right to live anywhere you want.

I'll just drop this here. Most people won't watch it. Many more will watch only a few minutes, maybe. But those that do watch it and pay attention will understand a lot more than they ever did.
Why I'm posting this for you, is your stance on borders. That comes at the end. The very end. Even after the narrator says "The end." But you don't get it, unless you watch the whole thing.

Gdjjr

Of course they don't.

Libertarians believe that the War on Drugs is ineffective, unfair, and immoral. We advocate ending it.

The War on Drugs is ineffective at limiting access to dangerous drugs and, instead, empowers dangerous gangs that make incredible fortunes on the black market for these illegal drugs.

The War on Drugs has imprisoned millions of non-violent people. This is unfair to these people and also uses up resources that would be better spent prosecuting and imprisoning people who are violent.

The War on Drugs is largely responsible for the militarization of police forces in America. It has pitted police against citizens and this is unfair to both. Police need to be able to focus on protecting the American public from violent offenders and fraud.

Lastly, Libertarians believe that it is immoral for the government to dictate which substances a person is permitted to consume, whether it is alcohol, tobacco, herbal remedies, saturated fat, marijuana, etc. These decisions belong to individual people, not the government.

Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.

Libertarians do not support classifying undocumented immigrants as criminals. Our current immigration system is an embarrassment. People who would like to follow the legal procedures are unable to because these procedures are so complex and expensive and lengthy. If Americans want immigrants to enter through legal channels, we need to make those channels fair, reasonable, and accessible.

Libertarians seek a United States at peace with the world.

Libertarians believe that war is justified only in defense. We are opposed to a draft. If a war is just and necessary, Americans of all backgrounds will volunteer to fight it. We believe that a draft enforced by law is no different from slavery.

Libertarians believe that American foreign policy should focus more heavily on developing communications among peoples and finding peaceful resolutions to disagreements. We believe in maintaining a military that can defend us well if we are attacked and we believe part of that is ensuring that our troops are not so war-weary as they have been in recent years.

Issues

Like I said, under libertarianism, we would have a country of zoned out people, being intruded on from other countries, and the only time our military could respond to a threat is after the threat is on our shores. Of course like 911, by then it will be too late.

Yep, if we were at war with them. In reality they wanted to get Iran back as a customer for weapons and a supplier of oil. SOP.
I hope not even the most America-hating democrats would be that stupid

they may think dark thoughts like that but I doubt if they would say so publically

Psst, talking Reagan Whitehouse there.

You're welcome.

They hated mccain when he ran for president

if kasich were a more important republican figure they would hate him too

He left because he wasn't welcome in the GOP. Which is why I wonder about this word "conservatism." He's truly conservative. Those republicans who were part of the freedom caucus, only seem to be more supportive of Trump, someone who's not a true conservative, than they are of true conservatism.
I get they didn't wanna chance losing their re elections.

If the "conservatives" had left the GOP too, it would've had an eye opening effect on the GOP. But since only one left, it can be dismissed as something along the lines of a disgruntled employee.
I dont know much about amash except that he did not stay and fight for his principles

now all he can hope to be is a spoiler

All this R & D hatred, IMO is just BS. It's a shitshow to avoid admitting they agree with somethings. Like when Trump banned bump stocks. You didn't hear the left praising Trump for doing it. They made out like it was a furious battle that they won.
Same could be said about Trump funding planned parenthood.
Hell, Trump's been very good to the left, as Obama was good to the right. But you won't hear either side admitting it.

IMO, it's just part of the smoke & mirrors. Truth be known, they're all bff's, at the end of the day.
If you need proof, just think about how quickly Trump decided not to "lock her up" after the election. Like the next day. If people believed that Trump and Hitlery were actually enemies, the proof that they're not has been exposed.
Problem is, die hard Trump supporters will never admit it. As well as the Hitlery supporters. The supporters are still die hard enemies. But Trump and Hitlery are not.

How does that happen? Through the smoke and mirrors. The propaganda that spread initially.

Before Trump joined the Republican party and ran against her, he and Hillary were friends. Trump was even at their daughters wedding. Would Trump run her over with his car if she crossed the street in front of him? I doubt it. But they certainly are not friends.

Planned Parenthood is buried in the Medicare budget. It can only be disassembled and reassembled by the US Congress. Personally, I think there are a lot of Republicans (like myself) who are not so concerned about abortion. After all, most of the babies that are aborted likely belong to Democrat parents. Why create more of them? It defeats our purpose. But taking a stand on the issue gets the religious vote for the party.

Forum List

Back