My carpet is getting big bumps ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I donā€™t know anything about Home improvement

I noticed several large carpet bumps ??

This seems to be on areas I walk over the most .
Also there is an area where I practice mma stuff and the carpet is very bumpy ??

Very alarming and I donā€™t know how to fix it

One web page said I have to move all the furniture out and re stretch and re glue it back
This looks hard

I posted a picture and those are my feet !!
I tried sitting my butt on it for hours and that did zero
God damn this city
I canā€™t handle any more stress

Attachments

• 4EC8E83B-724C-444A-8674-6C499BC83CCC.jpeg
    4EC8E83B-724C-444A-8674-6C499BC83CCC.jpeg
    625.8 KB · Views: 37
Yes, It's the city's fault that your carpet has lumps. You should attend the next city council meeting, and demand to know what they intend to do about it.

Also there is an area where I practice mma stuff and the carpet is very bumpy ??

One web page said I have to move all the furniture out and re stretch and re glue it back
This looks hard
It needs to be over time carpet stretches. Grab a utility knife and get those things for your knees that grip the carpet . Go across the floor stretching it to your tack board on the borders of your room. Once at the border pound the carpet down into the tack board and cut off excess by flippi g over and cutting the knap. Or go to home depot and order new carpet.

This looks hard

Lumps in the carpet are common, watch someone take care of it who knows what they are doing.

This looks hard

Yes, furniture has to be moved out wherever the carpet is to be re-stretched.

Hire someone who installs carpet for a living. Chances are, you don't have the tools or skills to do it properly. Tack strips are used, not glue. If glue was used on the original install, all you can do is enjoy the new topography.

After re-stretching, move your practicing outdoor, your garage, or carport, or plan on doing this again. Hey, moving furniture is a great exercise.

Last edited:

This looks hard

It's not hard at all, but you will need a power carpet stretcher (recommended over a knee kicker), a utility knife and blades, a medium putty knife and possibly new tack strips. Don't use glue. That's what your tack strips are for. I've done it a few times.

P.S. Get someone who knows what they're doing. ;)

This looks hard

The web page is correct. You could also remove the carpet and replace it with wood, laminate, or tile.

This looks hard

Sounds like your carpet is separating.. meaning that the bottom layers is separating from the carpet fiber. The manufacturer replaced my whole house at no cost to me.

This looks hard

It's not hard at all, but you will need a power carpet stretcher (recommended over a knee kicker), a utility knife and blades, a medium putty knife and possibly new tack strips. Don't use glue. That's what your tack strips are for. I've done it a few times.

P.S. Get someone who knows what they're doing. ;)
Will it get worse ???
Would just a power stretcher work alone

This looks hard

Sounds like your carpet is separating.. meaning that the bottom layers is separating from the carpet fiber. The manufacturer replaced my whole house at no cost to me.
Everything done in Vegas is the lowest quality

Forum List

Back