My carpet is getting big bumps ???

I donā€™t know anything about Home improvement

I noticed several large carpet bumps ??

This seems to be on areas I walk over the most .
Also there is an area where I practice mma stuff and the carpet is very bumpy ??

Very alarming and I donā€™t know how to fix it

One web page said I have to move all the furniture out and re stretch and re glue it back
This looks hard

Sounds like your carpet is separating.. meaning that the bottom layers is separating from the carpet fiber. The manufacturer replaced my whole house at no cost to me.
Everything done in Vegas is the lowest quality

It could also be a bad batch from the manufacturer.. Call your landlord. I don't care for Vegas.

Also there is an area where I practice mma stuff and the carpet is very bumpy ??

One web page said I have to move all the furniture out and re stretch and re glue it back
This looks hard
That's what they have to do. You can do it yourself with a stretcher. If it's old, replace the carpet

I posted a picture and those are my feet !!
I tried sitting my butt on it for hours and that did zero
God damn this city
I canā€™t handle any more stress
Bad install from the get-go. Call a hardwood floor guy and get rid of that fucking virus laden shit....or some good tile-porcelain.

This looks hard

It's not hard at all, but you will need a power carpet stretcher (recommended over a knee kicker), a utility knife and blades, a medium putty knife and possibly new tack strips. Don't use glue. That's what your tack strips are for. I've done it a few times.

P.S. Get someone who knows what they're doing. ;)
Will it get worse ???
Would just a power stretcher work alone

It will get worse, and you can do it with just a power stretcher. . . though in tight places you might also need a knee kicker. Here's the thing, if the carpet is in good shape, see if you can find an experienced handy man who does carpet work on the side. That's really the only thing that makes any sense if you don't have the tools. A knee kicker is not too expensive, but to do it right, you really should use a power stretcher. It's really not hard to do, but for about two-hundred bucks, you can get the man and the tools. Just get the furniture out of his way. There's no money in it for carpet-installing outfits. They only do volume work. If the carpet is old, just replace it and go through Home Depot or Lowe's contractors.

This looks hard

It's not hard at all, but you will need a power carpet stretcher (recommended over a knee kicker), a utility knife and blades, a medium putty knife and possibly new tack strips. Don't use glue. That's what your tack strips are for. I've done it a few times.

Will it get worse ???

It will get worse, and you can do it with just a power stretcher. . . though in tight places you might also need a knee kicker. Here's the thing, if the carpet is in good shape, see if you can find an experienced handy man who does carpet work on the side. That's really the only thing that makes any sense if you don't have the tools. A knee kicker is not too expensive, but to do it right, you really should use a power stretcher. It's really not hard to do, but for about two-hundred bucks, you can get the man and the tools. Just get the furniture out of his way. There's no money in it for carpet-installing outfits. They only do volume work. If the carpet is old, just replace it and go through Home Depot or Lowe's contractors.
Can I just buy a power stretcher and run it over the carpet
I canā€™t move my furniture as itā€™s too heavy for me

God damn this city to hell

I am very old and donā€™t have the brains or time for this Mickey Mouse crap

This looks hard

Will it get worse ???

Fucking corporatist !
Go to a privately owned floor contractor(or 4) and get bids and references !
Get pics too.
It might cost $1-2 p/sf more...OMG !

If it gets worse then I am calling my land lord !!!

Can I just buy a power stretcher and go over the carpet ??

Why is everything so difficult for me ..I have only half a brain you know

This looks hard

Will it get worse ???

Fucking corporatist !
Go to a privately owned floor contractor(or 4) and get bids and references !
Get pics too.
It might cost $1-2 p/sf more...OMG !
My brain is running like an Apple 2E

This looks hard

Also, it just occurred to me that I confused about the glue. Yes, with new installs, you scrap up the old adhesive and slather on a new layer, but if you're just stretching a small portion of the original cut, do not pull up what you don't have to. Just re-glue the stretched portion, which is what I meant.

This looks hard

Also, it just occurred to me that I confused about the glue. Yes, with new installs, you scrap up the old adhesive and slather on a new layer, but if you're just stretching a small portion of the original cut, do not pull up what you don't have to. Just re-glue the stretched portion, which is what I meant.
I donā€™t work well with glue or paint as I have ocd

No! Power stretchers cost real money. Use a kicker or better yet tell your landlord to fix it! If it ain't yours, live with if for now.

Last edited:
Here is more evidence

Attachments

• E039D893-CB47-4E46-9FFD-D9D51E905871.jpeg
    E039D893-CB47-4E46-9FFD-D9D51E905871.jpeg
    500.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 83B150D0-0E0A-42F1-9C50-C51F35514365.jpeg
    83B150D0-0E0A-42F1-9C50-C51F35514365.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 20

Ok thx
But will it get worse ??
Do I have to move the furniture out to repair ??
No! Power stretchers cost real money. Use a kicker or better yet tell your landlord to fix it! If it ain't yours, live with for now.

Forum List

Back